Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 04:04:06 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  Element boards
| |-+  Citizen Board (Moderator: Hoagie)
| | |-+  Prospective Private Prospector Proffers Perspective
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Prospective Private Prospector Proffers Perspective  (Read 1367 times)
Linaeus
Cove Command
Covian Legend

Not the Commander.

View Profile
« on: August 01, 2018, 05:12:31 pm »

This morning, I woke with a strange idea in my head. Sure, miners have long been at work clawing away at the landward face of the Glenmores, but what of the seaward cliffs? Could a small boat be piloted close enough to the narrow, stony shore at low tide to access the mostly untouched veins there, so tantalizingly exposed by countless years of erosion by wind and wave? Some would say this was a fool's quest, staking one's life and limbs for the promise of rich ore. But to a prospector, the gleam of gold is worth any risk!

The results of the cliff mining (above) versus conventional mining (below).

Heading down to the docks, I enlisted the aid of a seasoned mariner, and chartered his barge for the task. To his credit, he was able to bring me safely through the rocks and shoals, steering clear of a flock of harpies circling over the bay, and holding us steady close enough to the cliff face for me to take samples of the minerals there. What I discovered is that the northern and western faces of the Glenmores are rich in Gold, Copper, and Shadow Iron - all very useful minerals for the Baronship - and in great quantities!

Wary that a sudden shift in tide or weather might render our return trip needlessly perilous, my pilot recommended that I cut my expedition short. I quickly charted the locations of the veins I'd uncovered, and we were soon on our way.

I intend to sell my findings to the Arkwright Syndicate for use by their mining enterprises!

*Signed*
Sarah Keres, Commoner

Torrak: As far as I'm concerned, though, EA is just unauthorized modding BoC.
Hoagie
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Actually a Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2018, 10:26:55 pm »

5 shillings awarded.

*Signed*
Hoagie Grayner, Commander
⚔ The Richter Crest ⚔ The Covian Seal ⚔ Order of Recruitment ⚔ Minoc Liberation Campaign ⚔ Kaldor Line Campaign ⚔ Vesper Civil War ⚔

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length