Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:12:44 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  Guardsman Boards
| |-+  Light Company Board (Moderator: Linaeus)
| | |-+  Scout Trials: Kerri
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Scout Trials: Kerri  (Read 3185 times)
Kelly Sanderson
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

By Jove and Sheeshy McGee!

View Profile
« on: July 10, 2007, 09:38:40 pm »

Kerri – Scout Trials

Task One: Obtain the Magic Flute:

Obtaining this flute and possession of this flute has and always will be a symbol of the Light Company. I want you to obtain it. To complete this task, you must travel south of the Crossroads of Yew, into the southern forests. You shall find a witch there. She shall explain to you how to get your hands on said flute.

Seeing as you shall be in enemy territory for sections of this trip, you MUST be in DISGUISE.

Task Two: Take Cover:

So that I and Mela can evaluate your skills in how you gather information and keep yourself to yourself, you shall travel to Magincia and gather information about the following:

•   Architecture
•   Resources
•   Climates

You must yet again go in disguise on this journey. In addition, a full map of your journey should be included in your report, explaining how and where you got different parts of your information from.

Task Three: Preparation:

Seek out a current member of the Light Infantry holding the rank of Regular or above and have them fully mentally prepare you for your future life in the Scouts. All questions you need to ask should be asked then. Details of your preparation should be given in a full report below so that I and Mela can see that it has been attended to properly.

Note: Your preparation can take place with different Scouts at different times. It does not all have to be done by asking one scout.

Good luck, Kerri! Hope to see you in green very soon!

*Signed*
Kelly Valentine, Scout Corporal.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2007, 06:26:17 pm by Kelly Valentine » Logged

John Dell:
My ultimate aim is to nag someone to the brink of total blindness and hate that they kill me.

John Dell:
It's for me like for you and pies; if one is staring you in the face you just can't leave it alone.
Kerri
Covian Dreamer
Covian Guardsman
Covian Citizen

To lazy for you..

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2007, 02:05:47 am »

Leading: Olchafa Serpernt, Regular Scout

Attendants: Kerri, Junior Guardsman

Upon meeting Chaffers in the tavern I asked if he could do my training for my Scout trials and of course he kindly agreed though he did warn me that he hadn't done a training Since Kelly was a Junior!

Leading me onto the barracks roof he started out by explaining how unappreciated the Scouts are and that even though we work behind enemy lines, enter battle first, wear leather and all in all take on more men than the rest of the army we still get called cowards! I agreed although we are unfairly treated that I still want to be a Scout!

He then taught me the order of the way things are done which is: Hide, attack, run, hide, heal, hide

Hide: To begin with we hide in the shadows.
Attack: We then attack until out of time.
Run: We run until we're safe.
Hide: We hide away from all eyes.
Heal: When its safe we heal.
Hide: and again we hide away.

We then talked about the attacks we do in an assassination. Ideally we need to have, one damager, one who knocks the weapon away, one who disrupts healing, one whom hits the legs of our enemy's.

Olchafa then told me to hit him three time to see how much it hurt him, and I apparently did quite well considering there was only one of me!

Next was dodging and Olchafa showed me how to effectively dodge an enemy. To begin with I was pretty awful but after the demonstration I managed to improve my dodging skills a slight bit which could save my life in the near future!

Thank you Chaffers sir for leading this for me!

Kerri, Junior Guardsman

Kerri
Covian Dreamer
Covian Guardsman
Covian Citizen

To lazy for you..

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2007, 02:32:37 am »

Attendants/Leader: Kerri, Junior Guardsman

Mission:
Retrieve the traditional Scout flute - MISSION COMPLETED!

Upon reading my trials I put on a disguise and set off to Minoc moongate. On arrival I imideately went through to yew and then traveled hastily to Stonekeep! It was just my luck that no one was there to stop and tax me so I moved straight on.

On the way I passed several beasts however left them before my outfit was not at all protective (that and the liches wail can be horrifying!). On reaching the witches den she threatened to cut open my belly and eat my innards but as I explained I was only there about retrieving some flute she expressed concern for one of her missing apprentices who was heading towards Stonekeep.

I took it upon myself to try find the apprentice for the poor old witch and so I traveled towards Stonekeep (only resistance was an ogre which i promptly took care of). Just before I entered Stonekeep I noticed a corpse with a small imp looting something from it! I chased the imp away and sighed as I realised that must be the witches apprentice. I broke the bad news to her. She didn't seem too displeased nore suprised but she did tell me where to get the flute from.. apparently her apprentice took the flute with him and that is what the imp would have took.. now I had to head towards the skara hedgemaze!

CHanging back into my uniform and removing my wig and makeup as I sailed across to the second Skara Island I readied myself! As soon as I hit skara it started pouring it down with rain, though it soon cleared up leaving me wet and slightly muddy. Once I entered the hedge maze I pounded through and soon found my first Imp victim! Swiftly taking it down I rummaged its corpse. No flute. Moving onward I found another imp and I jabbed it with my kryss until it fell. No flute. Feeling slightly disheartened I moved to leave and was suddenly attacked by another imp! I quickly took it down and rummaged and finally I found the flute and had completed the flute task for my trials! To Magincia!

Kerri, Junior Guardsman

Kerri
Covian Dreamer
Covian Guardsman
Covian Citizen

To lazy for you..

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2007, 01:02:33 am »

Attendants/Leader: Kerri, Guardsman recruit

Magincia

Climate:
On arrival through the moongate I was instantly hit by the tight warm air. For those that have been dwelling within Cove for years it is actually a lot more difficult to breath there and a little less comfortable to say the least. Theres a slight breeze occasionally coming in from the western sea. Surrounding a good chunk of the Island is a jungle which also suggests hot weather. Occasional rain otherwise Magincia would be more of a desert.

Resources:
I found a guard wondering around and stopped her to inquire about the resources they gathered. My exscuse was that I am a craftswoman looking to live in Magincia and it seemed to work well! I managed to squeeze the following resources out of her!

Resources:
  • Wood
  • Fish
  • Horned and Normal leather
  • Wool
  • Silk
  • Sandstone

Architecture:
I wasn't 100% sure on what you wanted me to find out ma'am but I found out the following. The buildings are made of sandstone which is a light yellow colour simply because it is the easiest to get resource in Magincia. Not only that, but its also light and reflects the heat better than normal stone. The buildings also have no doors because it is too hot in Magincia and the fact their doorless catches the breeze.

Magincia has the following buildings:
Tailors
Mages guild
Warriors Guild
Fishermans guild
Tavern
Inn
Bank
Carpenter
Bakery x 2
Jewelers
Fish Mongers
Mages Shop
Mages Council place
Church
Random nobles house

Other information:

The Magincians are Avatarian.

Kerri, Guardsman Recruit

Kelly Sanderson
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

By Jove and Sheeshy McGee!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2007, 06:28:09 pm »

Unless you're wishing to get any more preparation from any other scouts, I'd say your trials are complete, Kerri! Well done! I shall see you in green on Sunday.

*Signed*
Kelly Valentine, Scout Corporal

John Dell:
My ultimate aim is to nag someone to the brink of total blindness and hate that they kill me.

John Dell:
It's for me like for you and pies; if one is staring you in the face you just can't leave it alone.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length