Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:51:56 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  [Apprentice Task] Gwen Whitcomb
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: [Apprentice Task] Gwen Whitcomb  (Read 1615 times)
Marcus Kobra
Regular Grenadier
Cove Command
Covian Legend

"Death is certain, When is up to your Medic."

View Profile WWW
« on: August 18, 2018, 10:47:55 pm »

Evening Whitcomb,

So yer want to learn how to be a medic, and yer eyeballing the Grenadiers. Well lets see that mettle.

1. Yer will gather up 500 bandages and have them placed into the stores

2. Lead a trophy hunt to the Ethereal Fortress in Ilshenar and claim two heads of the winged guardians there! A minimum of 4 Guardsmen must assist ye. Collect 10,000 gold coins for the coffers. As a show of yer personal greatness, you shall have your trophy preserved and offer it as a gift to the Baron.

3. Show off yer current knowledge of healing by writing a brief report of you practicing what yer know. Perhaps gather some other Guardsmen and demonstrate!

All tasks are to include a full report with sketches posted bellow.
Seek me out when these are finished for your next tasks!

*Signed*

Marcus Kobra, Officer Cadet, Baron's Own, Army of Cove
« Last Edit: September 09, 2018, 09:00:05 am by Marcus Kobra » Logged

The Lord hath created medicines out of the earth; and he that is wise will not abhor them.
Gwen Whitcomb
The Unbiased
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2018, 12:31:44 pm »

Task 1 - Gathering Bandages

My way to gather wool led me to Yew, where I soon encountered a stall with sheep and farmers. Kindly enough, they dinnae chase me off.

As I sheered all the sheep, I soon realized tha' I'd be here for a lifetime to gather enough wool.

I reflected on my decision for wool in Cove, as I got greeted by a blue haired member of the arcanist squad. She told me tha' there are fields in Moonglow where cotton grows. Kindly enough, she opened me a portal to there where I was able to pluck the cotton of the plants.

Afterwards, my way led me to New Haven where I asked the local tailor to use the spinning wheel and loom to make use of the gathered cotton and wool.
In the end, I gathered enough for 550 bandages and therefor see this task as for filled.

Gwen Whitcomb, Guardsman Recruit

Lots of ways to help people. Sometimes heal patients. Sometimes execute dangerous people. Either way helps.
Marcus Kobra
Regular Grenadier
Cove Command
Covian Legend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2018, 12:38:23 pm »

Grand work Whitcomb, you'll be using most of those no doubt!

*Signed*

Marcus Kobra, Officer Cadet, Baron's Own, Army of Cove

The Lord hath created medicines out of the earth; and he that is wise will not abhor them.
Gwen Whitcomb
The Unbiased
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2018, 05:37:32 pm »

Task 2 - A trophy hunt

List of Attendes
  • Gwen Whitcomb, Guardsman Recruit and leading person
  • Marcus Kobra, Officer Cadet
  • Avalynn Vale, Junior Grenadier
  • Sheriam Palmer, Junior Guardsman
  • Chelly Rothsmire, (Untrusted) Watchman
  • Charas, Guardsman Recruit
  • Kyle Wulfe, Guardsman Recruit

It was me time to keep advancin' with me tasks, so I scheduled an evenin' tha' started so well, but almost turned into a nightmare.

After Miss Vale gave me a few hints about gettin' heared and present myself as a bit more secure, I ordered the line to move to the Covian gate and from there, straight north from Ilshenar Spirituality gate to the spider caves.

Truly a creepy sight with all the spider webs, but none backed down stompin' and slicin' these vile creatures. We ventured further to the end of the cave where we eventually arrived at a shinin' tile tha' turned out to be a teleporter. This' where Master Kobra mentioned his concerns about trustin' arcanists, as I quote him "It's always a fifty-fifty chance if they tell the whole truth". In this case tho, they dinnae lie and we arrived safely at the island on where the Ethereal Fortress is located.

This is where Miss Tingleith, or how she calls herself now, Miss Rothsmire joined us. While the winged Guardians left us in peace, it was when she arrived they went into a frenzy and attacked us. A fierce battle broke out, and after we almost lost our grips, we somehow managed to overcome the foe, even tho we had to retreat in the underground.

However, we slayed more than two and in the end, I took as ordered their heads to present them to baron later.

Afterwards, we left the place, back through the spider cave, where people yet again failed to listen to me. But I made them listen to me outside. I was shocked by myself, to be honest. I dinnae knew I had it in me...

On our way back to the barracks, we stumbled upon a giant, blue demon. Miss Vale immediately attacked in and it was felled quickly. In the end, everyone except myself, Miss Rothsmire and Master Kobra donated their share of 3,100 coins and they were dismissed.

Gwen Whitcomb, Guardsman Recruit

Lots of ways to help people. Sometimes heal patients. Sometimes execute dangerous people. Either way helps.
Marcus Kobra
Regular Grenadier
Cove Command
Covian Legend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2018, 08:59:46 am »

Grand display my apprentice. We'll make a leader of ye no doubt, I look forward to your next task!

*Signed*

Marcus Kobra, Officer Cadet, 1st Baron's Own, Medic, Army of Cove

P.S. Nay forget some form of preservation such as taxidermy, nay want those trophies going ripe.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length