Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:06:13 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  [Apprentice Tasks] Estelwen Guardsman Recruit
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: [Apprentice Tasks] Estelwen Guardsman Recruit  (Read 1115 times)
Sergio
Covian Guardsman
Covian Regular

View Profile
« on: September 08, 2018, 06:54:19 pm »

Since you've taken an interest in in the Light Company and some of the techniques exclusive to it, I will not deny you the chance to learn. The goal of these tasks will be to test your skills and will to become a scout, and help you grow as a guardsman.

Task One: Learn From the Masters

You want to learn the skills of the Tokunese Masters, the secrets of the shadows, the art of the elusive ninja. To become the ninja you must beat the ninja. Anyone can buy a manual from some tokunese man on the street, but are you sure those are the true techniques? To make sure you get a legitimate manual you must take one from a real ninja. This task may be completed with others. Good luck.

Task Two: Be The Shadow

An essential part of being a scout is being able to collect information without being caught. I believe in first hand experience, therefore you are to shadow either a Vesperian or a Yewish guardsman and learn what you can about them. You must follow them long enough to learn something about them or a habit they have, be warned it may not be pleasant. It goes without saying there are hostilities between Cove and Vesper and if you choose to shadow a vesperian you will be taking a greater risk. Either way if you are caught you must start over with a new target. So DON'T GET CAUGHT. After you are done write a report about what you learned.

Task Three: Solve a Crime Or Scout Wrong

Your last task you will have a choice, I can't guarantee there is a any crimes that need solving so you may also Scout the Dungeon of Wrong.

Solving crimes and figuring out what happened is part of a scouts duties, you are to find a crime and use your investigative skills to figure out how it happened and bring the proper action to the culprit. Finding an actual crime may be difficult but you can ask the citizens or even the baron if they have a mystery to solve. All deduction should be done by you, though if you find something big Immediately bring it to me or a command member. Any action needed requiring force feel free to ask for help from other guardsmen

Or

Scout Wrong and learn it's secrets, this mission should ideally be non combative but things happen, you may take up to two other scouts or scout hopefuls with you to Scout the dungeon as long as they can sneak around without being seen by the inhabitants. There are many secrets in wrong, I know quiet a few myself, but this is about you not me so show me what you can find.  

*Signed*
Sergio Jarrett, Regular Scout
« Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 07:16:05 pm by Sergio » Logged
Estelwen
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2018, 07:03:48 pm »

Today Sergio and I were talking about the roles of Scouts and I mentioned my interest in learning some of the methods ninjas use when attacking their foe. I saw these tactics first hand when I accompanied Commander Hoagie on his patrol to scalp the snow witch. He told me that if I wished to learn their ways then I would have to steal one of their manuals or at least take it from a dead one.

We set off to Isuma Jima and began following the path northwards protecting ourselves from the strange creatures we met along the way. The ninjai remained in the shadows probably watching our every movement as we progressed onwards. Eventually one attacked us as we stood talking thinking to take us unaware but we were swift in response and soon had it down where I was able to remove its manual.

Sergio continued talking about the ways of Scouts as we returned home and I promised to study the manual well and take onboard what he had said to me.

*signed*

Guardsman Recruit Estelwen.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length