Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:22:26 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Ambush Training with Vesper
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Ambush Training with Vesper  (Read 1513 times)
Serj Eason
Covian Citizen

View Profile
« on: November 12, 2018, 10:30:09 pm »

As part of my rota I had scheduled a patrol to Orc Fort for this eve, but a raven was received from Vesper inviting us to attend a Joint Training Exercise. An excellent opportunity to work on relations with our former enemy and also to learn of their strengths (and weaknesses) should we ever fight them on the battlefield again..!

In Attendance
Esca Flowne, Redguard Commander (Leading)
Rimeny De Blaze, Redguard Captain
Reg, Fireband
Garrofi, Fireband
Raiden Morana, Captain
Leanne Martin-Melior, Regular Scout
Falconheart, Junior Grenadier
Serj Eason, Watchman
Carolin Kazami, Commoner

Training Notes
* We were split into two teams, Green and Red. Commander Esca Flowne had one team ambush the other as they advanced up the road to Cove. We had several attempts at this, with interesting results both sides.
* Various combinations of attacks were utilised - although none could defeat the punishing teamwork of Captain Rimeny and Firebrand Reg (A.K.A. KALDORIAN BASTARD). They were well drilled soldiers.
* We finished the session with a simple defence exercise, with teams alternating.
* A fine co-operative between Cove and Vesper! And, afterwards, the Vesperians kindly assisted me with my Orc Fort patrol.

Serj Eason, Watchman
Covian Army

For my family.

Holder of The Golden Quill and The Ribbon of Activity.

Serj Speaks: A Bard's Journal
Leanne Martin
Hoagie's pet
The Light Company
Covian Legend

Pickles' Shadow

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2018, 05:15:56 pm »

*Leanne smirked as she took a glance over Serj's report, eying the already prepared scetches and papers to write her own*

Well! Good summary young Eason! Allow me to add some notes myself.

Round One:

Team Red prepared an ambush and won with ease, even with the Captain asleep for almost the whole time. Team Green was not prepared for Falconheart's fast legs and my toxic arrows.

Round Two:

Team Green were now the ambushers but were yet again unable to deal with the tactical superiority of Team Green, ending in total win for Team Green with no one falling.

Round Three:

Teams were newly arranged and it started to become more even. Redguards De Blaze and Reg were able to hold out against the salve of arrows and sword strikes of young Eason, ending in a victory for the Vesperians.

Shire Ruins:

With teams yet again mixed, it was De Blaze, Carolin and myself against Falconheart, Eason and Reg. As an ambush should be, they attacked before we were able to prepare ourselves and thus took down Carolin and myself quickly.

Final Battle:

De Blaze making place for Garrofi, it was once again my teams time to attack the Ruins. Although mostly consisting of melee fighters, Team Eason barricaded themselves in the ruins which made it easy for Carolin and myself to take them out from a safe distance. Once they realized their mistakes, it was already too late and Garrofi took care of Reg who was standing as last person.

2x Covian Seal ⚜ Rage of Raaz ⚜ 2x Ribbon of Activity ⚜ Order of Leadership ⚜ The Richter's Crest ⚜ Order of Distinction ⚜ Jhelom Campaign ⚜ Coalition against Undead ⚜ Liberation of Nu'jelm
The Paymaster
Covian Citizen

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2018, 01:08:16 pm »

5 Shillings awarded to Carolin Kazami for attendance
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length