Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 06:14:39 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Creating Reports
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Creating Reports  (Read 8395 times)
Gregor Eason
« on: January 10, 2005, 02:50:17 am »

Creating Reports # 1

I thought I'd just post a lil' message about reports. Reports are great. They are fun and they show that a guild is active, which is definitely a morale booster for all members.

Reports don't have to be too long, or a stunning piece of English literature. Placing down the facts, in roleplay, with a few simple pictures is all it takes. Here's a checklist of things to include;

* The Event (i.e. dungeon hunt, market, patrol).
* Purpose behind event.
* Members involved.
* Achievements.
* Things that went well.
* Things that went BAD!
* Pictures.

That's basically all you need to make a half decent report. For pictures use a screenshot utility; I personally use Ultima Online Screenshot Utility. It takes a picture with the click of a button and saves it in the desired folder.

www.hh.iij4u.or.jp/~kmatuoka/uosu/indexe.html

Bring greater culture to our guild! Post reports!

Commander Eason
« Last Edit: April 17, 2007, 10:22:20 pm by Darath Mithar » Logged
Gregor Eason
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2005, 02:01:57 pm »

Creating Reports # 2
An Intro for people unsure about how to post pics

First of all, make sure you have the programme I have listed above (UOSU). It's a handy piece of kit, and at the click of a button can save a screenshot of UO as jpg file to a specific folder.

Alright, so you've pushed the button and got the screenshot. Now the editing.

It is best to crop your screenshots (i.e. cut down to the most relevent area of the screenshot) to save webspace and increase loading time. For this ye can use something simple, such as Microsoft Paint.
For Exemple...

1. Open up Microsoft Paint (Usually under Accessories).
2. Click File > Open > Then select the file ye dealing with.
3. Alright, now the cropping. Check out that that dotted rectangle on the menu, with "Select" beneath it. Click that and ye'll be able to draw a box around the important part of the picture.
4. After you've made your selection, press Ctrl + C to copy.
5. Then Select File > New, and press Ctrl + V to paste. Simple.

Sometimes on Paint it gives you this huge white background, so be sure to narrow it down by clicking on the Pencil tool and dragging in the sides.

6. Save the file as JPG (the most reliable and efficient graphic), and Viola! A perfectly well cropped image.

But it is nay over yet! Ye must still upload it!

« Last Edit: September 03, 2006, 11:08:16 pm by Darath Mithar » Logged
Gregor Eason
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2005, 02:07:03 pm »

Creating Reports # 3
Uploading the Image

No longer do I recommend Graffiti. I now use http://www.imageshack.us to upload and host my images. It's extremely kool, and has a very high rate of bandwidth. You simply click "Browse", select your file, and then "Upload". Imageshack then brings you to a page giving you the exact URL of the image. Easy!

Your image is on the Internet.

Creating Reports # 4
Putting an Image into a Post

1. The Image option in the menu bar *points* Second row, second from the left. Click that.
2. Inside the brackets, type the URL for your Image.

And thass it! Simple!
I hope to see more reports, with lots of lovely grand paintings. Ye nay longer have the excuses! Haw Haw!
Any questions/queries/problems then do not hesitate to reply to this message or contact me directly (69723945).

For Cove.
Eason
« Last Edit: September 03, 2006, 11:05:44 pm by Darath Mithar » Logged
Delcarakdur
One-handed and one-eyed Elf
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

Mess with Delc and he will wack you with his stump

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2006, 03:36:53 pm »

Example of Report Structure:

[Title]

When: [Date, Time]
Where: [Location X]

Commanding Officer: [Fill in Name, rank]
Guardsmen in attendance:
- [Fill in Name, rank]
- [Fill in Name, rank]
- [Fill in Name, rank]
- [Fill in Name, rank]
- [etc...]

What:
[What you did.]

This is an example of a simple report that can be used when writing reports for Patrols, Trainings, Battle Reports, Sentries and even Hunts!
« Last Edit: February 12, 2007, 11:22:43 am by Darath Mithar » Logged

Octie:
This thread has reached the pinnacle of its usefulness. We've established Kas is a hippy. Thread locked.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length