Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 10:59:06 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  OOC Boards
| |-+  OOC Board (Moderators: Kelly Sanderson, Hoagie)
| | |-+  Evening
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Evening  (Read 2107 times)
Dervish
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« on: August 11, 2005, 03:41:58 am »

Just to introduce myself... I am originally from Catskills RP community... where the original Undead and Shadowclan orcs ruled the hay-day.

That community is LONG since dead..so now Im checking out the scene here.

I know Europa has always been very very strong RP wise, and I'm glad everything is still kicking.

However a question-  what are the odds of an American player actually seeing any part of the community? I recently stopped by Cove, and I was shocked to see those around the Inn there.

This must have been 5am or something for you Euros..or are there American players out there?

Just asking..is it worth any investment?  I ran the Yew Militia there on Catskills, so I have a good chunk of followers behind me.  I know GRD exists, but we're looking to maybe start something new.

All of the CoY forums seem broke or non-existent..this is really the only guild active I can post on =p

So who has the scoop on the community?  What are the chances of someone like me actually 'getting involved' with such a drastic time difference?  Worth the effort?  What are the odds of hooking in with a guild just to do my own thing but retain highlight stances?  (I know COY's rules, that isnt an issue)  I like to play the long witch hunter out to cause a rukus...

Thanks for the input!

-Dervish, Witch Hunter Supreme
Calico
Old Battle Axe
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

"Tired but never weak."

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2005, 05:36:00 am »

There is that pesky 6 hour time diffrence, but I'm another yank and I make it out ok...  a lot of their activites go from 1ish to 4 central time, or earlyer.  If you can be around then it's definatly worth coming in and hanging out.

I know for a fact that at least three of those five players you saw were brits though... some of them do stay up later but 9 cenetral is about max really..

Grd is still kicking, so is Trinny and A^K, Vespers, and Magencia.  There are some older guilds that arn't so much active as a whole but that you can get stoned to for the orange tag and participation.

If you can be on during the peek hours, you won't be bored... I know my first bout on Europa was at 9 pm central and I met up with quite a few Grd... they were drunk but then I'm begining to suspect they alwayes are.

*signed*
the-more-than-slightly-drunken-guard-you-saw-get-beat-up

*Earned Merit in The Kaldorian Line Campaign*
Ahmed
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2005, 10:48:17 am »

We now do have quit alot of Americans, and there are some events in the middle of the night, early morning. Our AC Corp' Veldrin runs the night life, while I do my best (ISP problems atm). I myself live +4/3 GMT but I still stay up to around 4-6am here to do something.

We got activity all day long baby  Wink

Quote from: Eason on August 16, 2005, 11:54:20 pm
I dedicate my 3000th post to...
Tha' Dubai homeboy Ahmed! 3000!

Cal Soulshadow
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2005, 02:29:57 pm »

Most of the RP guilds post on the CoRE boards here:
http://www.f4g.net/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=461
Cove seems to be pretty active throughout the day
Trinsic comes alive in the evenings (evenings for us that is) - there is often stuff happening midnight - 2am so you should find RP around.

Khaelieth
Citizen of Cove
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2005, 04:44:40 pm »

You know CoY is dead?
Klion
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2005, 05:20:58 pm »

Although I have no interest in trying to poach you from BoC I just thought i'd make it clear that Grd is very much alive, over 160 characters on the stone and growing.

Our forums are here - www.guvadan.com/grd
And the webpage here - www.guvadan.com/guardsmen

If you don't join Grd, then for heavens sake join BoC or -V- or something. I do hate seeing people go to Trinsic  Grin
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length