Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 06:39:49 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  And thus it begins..
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: And thus it begins..  (Read 2390 times)
Octiovus
Grandmaster tyrant.
Administrator
Covian Legend

View Profile
« on: August 16, 2005, 01:21:30 am »

[All information in this thread is OOC knowledge to all but the Baron and his officers.]

Expedition report - by Jarvis Miller.

My Lord Baron,

T'was a fine choice o' yers ter appoint me to this perilous task of being the first man of Cove to explore these new isles, but I am sure ye will nay be disappointed.

T'was a very clear day when I sailed forth from our fair tradeport, the map the co-ordinates of the isles I had been given were haphazard at best, yet, I gave them to the tiller man and he did the best he could to put them to use. However, it was not long into sailing that we had to put the weaponry of this fine sailing vessel into use..

Still, we got away with minor damage to the vessel - though it disturbs me so that Orc's knew so readily of our ships movement. Spies afoot, perhaps?

After this encounter, it was plain sailing again, however. Even the dolphins came out to give good luck to my expedition.

We sailed many leagues, I was weary that many strange and dangerous sea monsters would rip forth and challange my operation.. Yet this was not so. And before long, I had caught sight of land and we had touched down in this unfimilliar enviroment.

In terms of civillization, there was little. I did not see a single inhabbitant - which is a good sign if the colonization plans are to go ahead unhindered. Though, there were a few permant structures which would provide a good base of operations.

I did explore further into the isle system, and I was somewhat alarmed by what seemed to be some kind of heathen temple, I am sure the templí and their servants will want to investigate this cult further..

I am afraid this is all I could gather on my first journey to these isles, as sadly, at this point my provisions did begin to run short.. There was only enough bread - and of course - ale - for the home journey. Still, it seems as if these isles will be a perfect addition to Cove.

*Signed neatly*

Jarvis Miller - Explorer of Cove.

Vince Valentine BoC (01:26) :
Don't mock me! I get 10% discount at tescos!
Ahmed
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2005, 11:11:08 am »

Isles you say eh? Perfect expansion for Cove you say eh?

Eeeeeexcellet...*strums his fingers*

Ahmed Al Maktoum,
Grenadier Sergeant (Acting)

Quote from: Eason on August 16, 2005, 11:54:20 pm
I dedicate my 3000th post to...
Tha' Dubai homeboy Ahmed! 3000!

Harold Frith
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2005, 10:23:10 pm »

mmhmm..Interesting facts...*Nods*
I must note some of this down,
Allthough, next time you leave young man...do please try to bring me some interesting facts of your journey, and perhaps an antiquity of the land..

Well done young one...

*Signed in a neatly cursive style and red ink*
          Harold Frith
Hrothgar
Played by a Icelandic banker
Cove Command
Covian Legend

The Old One

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2005, 10:43:59 pm »

[All information in this thread is OOC knowledge to all but the Baron and his officers.]

[Just a polite reminder of the above statement]

Harold Frith
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2005, 11:26:32 pm »

[OOC]...oh...that is the only one part i seemed to ha ve missed  Huh [OOC/]
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length