Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 12:38:51 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  OOC Boards
| |-+  OOC Board (Moderators: Kelly Sanderson, Hoagie)
| | |-+  My Offer, My suggestions.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: My Offer, My suggestions.  (Read 2097 times)
Dormack Shander
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« on: August 18, 2005, 04:51:05 pm »

I've spoken to some of you about this already, and now Im bringing it to the boards. With the recently losses of battles, we need to strengthen our ability to fight. We're great at healing, but lets face it we're just not killing them quick enough.

I'm a high class pvper on Atlantic, it's what I've played for in the last couple of years. Im going to be using my abilities, and my knowledge and put it towards the Militia.

First off, my private trainings. I'm offering to any of those who'd actually -really- want to learn to fight better, and to live longer, private lessons. I can cover from basics all the way to the most advance way's of fighting. The trainings would be mostly OOC, party chat for its easier to cover things. There'd be a little rp invovled just so there wouldn't be two of us standing there fighting.

One of the strategies of teaching that I'm going to use, is the ability to be able to stand toe to toe and fight with a real pvp mage/warrior. I'm going to use my pvp necro/warrior and go one on one with those of you who come into my training. I don't expect you to beable to kill the warrior, but the entire point of it, is to be able to stay alive, and put up a fight. If your able to atleast do that, fighting a warrior in all GM won't be a problem.

If I'm allowed, I'll be running some specific trainings. One will be towards purely offence, there will be several trainings of purely offence. The second will be defence, there will be several trainings of purely defence as well. I have drills that will greatly increase our ability to heal. It's easy to cross heal just standing still, but while your running in circles in the heat of battle, it's not as easy.

Im going to start making post's such as "Basic's of Fighting 101" "Macros 101" "Tricks and Tips" and so on. All of these posts will prepare those of you who don't already know all this. I know I've already helped one person into strengthening their ability to fight just by showing him some things on UOA.

Speaking of posts, I will be making a "wish list." As a guild, we are a family. Those of you who want/need Power Scrolls, and simply can't afford them or find them, I'm willing to help. I'm also asking, that those of you with money pitch in and help as well. I have no problem supply members with scrolls, weapons, regs, whatever else is needed for your training. As a guild, we should all pitch in and make each and everyone of us the BEST that we can be, with game mechanics. In the wish list, people can post certain scrolls they want, whether it be stat or power scrolls. We can help each other out, if someone has one and another wants..please help them out.

If anyone has any questions, my ICQ is 282-201-710. I'd like to get the ball rolling on all this, so let me know. Also, if any of the leaders see a flaw in this, speak to me about it.

Thanks,
Jevonia
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2005, 05:13:42 pm »

I've seen your abilities here and on atlantic,  so im eager to partisapate!  As long as your not a sore loser after im trained Grin
Also i have some good 110 and few 115 scrolls im willing to share with those in need.  And im looking for a stat scroll for myself.  My character is only a few months old,  so i think she can only have a total of 240 stats?  And she is 225 now.
Drachir
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

Cutlass-wielding pirate-scout!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2005, 06:01:00 pm »

Hmmm, sounds pretty neat. Ill probably have to jump the boat to the private lessons too now and again. Trying to win duels and battles when you''ve got a Scout template is pretty tricky.

Good thinking Dormack with bringing in your skills from PvP. *thumbs up*

Althalus
The Light Company
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2005, 09:14:32 pm »

whilst i apreciate the spirit in wich this is offered i have a few things to say on the subject

1) we are a roleplay guild the point of the guild is to roleplay pvp is a side only so any and all such trainings should only be run if they dont take away from other events as this will be detramental to the roleplay hapening

2) use your necro warrior? only if your going to fel to do this cos i can bet octi hasnt let a necro/warrior into the guild so that wont even be in gild training never mind IC so i can see some BIG problems with that that im not even going to go into in detail ill just leave it at dont do it in public please

3)your rank is not yet sufficient for you to be runing training so you cant really do these

4)mostly OOC ....... once again defeats the point or a role play guild.

at the end of the day i could go on but like i said i apreciate the thought here and it really is a good idea but if you could rethink how you would pass the same informnation on in an IC way and wait untill you reach junior then the whole thing would work REALLY well ...... just my thoughts
« Last Edit: August 18, 2005, 09:17:07 pm by Althalus » Logged

Dormack Shander
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2005, 10:48:23 pm »

1) we are a roleplay guild the point of the guild is to roleplay pvp is a side only so any and all such trainings should only be run if they dont take away from other events as this will be detramental to the roleplay hapening

This isn't taking away from anything. When people are bored, or people such as myself 5hrs behind you..can do it when no ones on. I would never ever interfer with rp to do pvp. The reason I came to Europa was to purely rp, so I wanna make sure you understand that.

2) use your necro warrior? only if your going to fel to do this cos i can bet octi hasnt let a necro/warrior into the guild so that wont even be in gild training never mind IC so i can see some BIG problems with that that im not even going to go into in detail ill just leave it at dont do it in public please

I don't disagree with you at all. It was an idea I was tossing around, didn't really expect that one to go anywhere just for that fact.

3)your rank is not yet sufficient for you to be runing training so you cant really do these

I was under the impression that once I was watchman I was allowed to run some training because I need to run a certain amount to move on in rank. If I was wrong, let me know, and I apologize.

4)mostly OOC ....... once again defeats the point or a role play guild.

I can accept that, and I won't argue with me. If you think I'm pushing it a bit to much with the PvP, tell me. My ICQ is 282201710. I assume that with all these threads and the way I kind of pushed on it all at once caught you off guard. I want to make sure that you and the rest of the leaders of BoC understand Im not trying to substitute PvP for anything in the guild. Just a little fun thing on the side to build the militia up to be strong. I wouldn't ever try to disturb the rp..or do things that would run through events. We'd end up like A^K  Cry Also, I was about to assume that it'd be alright to make posts on tips and way to survive while fighting. But I can tell that your entirely against me even suggesting ways to not die while fighting. So I ask that you just leave what I've already posted for others to read, and if it's to much for you I won't continue posting.

ICQ me if you have any further problems. Once again, 282201710.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length