Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 01:48:46 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  A night of shattered shields and broken spears!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: A night of shattered shields and broken spears!  (Read 2343 times)
Erik Arkay/Evinyatar
Banned for profanity on command forums
Cove Command
Covian Legend

I worship Cabbage

View Profile
« on: October 07, 2005, 02:31:58 pm »

*We find Erik in the Folk Tale House explaining the deeds of yesterday to a civilian*

Aaaah! 'T was an evenin' of sorrow and woe for sure! I'll tell's ye how it went!

I was doin' a small patrol with a few fellow guardsmen out in the woods. We were mindin' our own business lookin' at the trees and em birds 'n such!
*Makes a big dramatic gesture*
When all of a sudden a Vesperian stopped us and brandished his weapons. We were unarmed and unaware where we were at the time but the li'lle bugger immediately started to make demands and even insulted the Baron's mother!
*The listeners gasp in disbelief*
Aye he did! But we didn't even have time to react as all of a sudden the woods came alive with Vesperians! The hideous thugs seemed to crawl out o' the woodworks! Pritty soon a whole troop of foulsmellin' Vesperians encircled the outnumbered lot and let loose their heathenous spells!

I immediately called the retreat and the guardsmen that withstood the first onslaught turned to guerillafights in the woods. At least as many Vesperians as Covians got knockered, I even left a few with arrows in their backs meself. In their back ofcourse due to their cowardly nature, bein' Vesperians 'n all! After a while our tiny group's numbers dwindled however and more and more guards were slowed down tendin' to their fallen comrades. I called the retreat back the barracks to regroup!

*Eric takes a sip of ale*

Ye let those Vesperian dogs run you out of the woods?
*Eric Chuckles*
Hahhah! Call it a tactical retreat! We immediately boarded up the barracks and started tendin' the wounds of our comrades. We all swore oaths to make Vesper pay for this totally unprovoked attack!
*Eric smacks his fist in his opened palm*

We moved along the coast. Stealthy as Scouts! Determined as Grenadiers! Turnin' around a house on the beach we found a few Vesperians undoubtably gloatin' about harassin' some Covians! We did not waste time with pleasantries and were immediately upon them!
Gwahaha! It was a sight to see! Vesperians fled everywhere and Covians followed in hot persuit! Battlecries for Cove and the Baron were heard in Vesper that night and when the dust settled and silence kicked in only Covians were standin'! We had suffered minimal casualties and rendered many Vesperians incapacitated. A glorious day indeed! One that deserved a victory drink! And where better to have it then in their bloodsmeared Swaggers Inn?

*The crowd gazes in amazement at the unfolding story*

The night was far from over though. Our lookout on the Inn pantry spotted the fat belly of Baron Twothumb himself, skulkin' in the shadows! Undoubtably the coward had hidden in the shadows while his men fought! We quickly surrounded him and attempted to capture him. But when we attempted to shackle him he spun violently and ran fleeing in an all to slow pace on the count of his fat belly 'n all. We quickly ran him down and after a couple of good whacks on the head we left him there to bleed!

*Eric chuckles to himself*
Aaah a grand evenin' indeed! We headed back to Cove in good spirits knowin' that we had our revenge on them vile and deceivin' Vesperians!

*Eric sets his mug down as the crowd erupts in a series of bold adventures and fearless campaigns they themselves took part in*

[OOC] This is how Eric tells the story. The man is widely know to 'embellish' his stories a little bit and only the totally dimwhitted would believe the guardsmen just 'happen' to end up in Vesper [/OOC]

Attendance:

Kurt, Junior
Jenifer Feather, Watchman
Kas Valentine, Watchman
Jevonia, Recruit
Hoagie, Recruit
Olchana Serpernt, Recruit
Kiran, Watchman
Roland Dagorian, Recruit
Ronin Tirado, Recruit

Let me know if I missed any!

« Last Edit: October 07, 2005, 08:34:22 pm by Erik Arkay » Logged

Kiran
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2005, 05:13:39 pm »

*Blinks* When I attend anything remotely linked with what was told just there!?

*Scratches his head*

Erik Arkay/Evinyatar
Banned for profanity on command forums
Cove Command
Covian Legend

I worship Cabbage

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2005, 07:20:21 pm »

*Mutters*

Errr...Alright Alright! Perhaps the story picked up some embellishments along the way! But we did get 'em Vesperians in the end eh?

*Chuckles*

Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2005, 07:48:37 pm »

Aye we showed 'em Sir!

Vesperian ale tastes foul though!!!

*grins*

*signed*

Raiden Morana, Watchman.

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Shadwell
Administrator
Covian Legend

Retired Commander of the Covian Army.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2005, 11:16:32 am »

Good job.. I think!

Rid the world of Vesperian ale!

The Baron's Adjutant.
Hoagie ‎(6:24 PM):
Basically, the core purpose of BoC is to troll Grd
Pages: [1] Print