Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 07:43:47 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Demon Skulls in a Big Black Hole
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Demon Skulls in a Big Black Hole  (Read 1982 times)
Joey Lanai
Dragoon Squad Leader
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

........=IIII=........

View Profile
« on: October 13, 2005, 02:59:37 pm »

Demon Skulls in a Big Black Hole
The Search for a Demon Skull Trophy

Joey woke up to the sound of loud banging outside, he poked his head out of
his little shack and winced as the sun shined down on him, he looked around
to notice a peasant banging on the door of a house near by.

"Keep yer bloodi' noise down ye man lover !"

Joey yelled at the man, the man turned to say something but upon realising who
he was talking to, he turned and ran. Joey mumbled to himself, it was time to
get up anyway it -was- reaching 5:00pm.

Joey grabbed his uniform hanging on the wall and pulled on his armour, checked
his timepiece and set off towards the barracks.

After letting off a few notes about the upcoming trek to Doom, he stood on the
Barracks steps and waitied for the men to appear and sure enough, an entire unit
of Guardsmen were at his disposal, ready to go he asked one of the Arcanist
Guardsmen to open a portal to the public moongate, and after some fiddling about
with runes they were on their way.

"T'tha dark place.. wi' the dead tree's.. an' stuff.." Joey said to the Guardsmen who
had no clue as to where to go, but luckily managed to follow Joey through to the
city of Umbra where their journey would begin.

Joey makes a comment on the town

The Guardsmen continued through the city until they reached the bridge on the eastern
entrance, from there they would head through the dark woods, past the abode of an
ex-Sergeant, through MORE dark woodland until they finally reach the entrance to one
of the most dangerous places in all Britainia, the accurately named Dungeon of Doom.

Joey lined the men up, it was time to seperate the mice from the men !

"We're about to enter the most dangerous o' dungeons an' search out f'its deadlist fiend, Who's with me ?!"

All was quiet except one man who yelled "For Cove !", yet all others seemed quiet.

"Even your Grenadier Corporal is afraid, WHO IS WITH ME !!"

This time the entire line-up roared, they were ready, and it was time to enter the dungeon.

After climbing down through the Big black hole the Guardsmen were attacked by several
bats with huge teeth, but they were no match for the Covian steel and quickly fell, once
the men were gathered, Joey lined them up and explained the situation.

"Some fella says there's a lass in 'ere who wants a thousan' or so bones from these 'ere
creatures, 'en she'll show us where the demon is, so we're goin' t'split up an' gather them in 3 squads !"

Sure enough, the Squads were formed;

Squad 1

Joey Lanai, Sergeant (Leading)
Hoagie, Guardsman Recruit
Roland Dagorian, Guardsman Recruit
Vince Redfield, Guardsman Recruit

Squad 2

Erik Arkay, Grenadier Corporal (Leading)
Judas Debeau, Junior Guardsman
Kiyoshi, Guardsman Recruit

Squad 3

Drachir, Junior Scout (Leading)
Dalamar, Guardsman Recruit
David Barid, Guardsman Recruit

Once all squads were selected it was time to move out, each squad set off in a seperate
direction and began gathering the bones, imediately Joey's swuad were almost overwhelmed
by the boney beasts, but alas they were no match for Joey and his squad of Recruits.

After a long while of battling the undead threat, Judas Debeau decided it was a good idea to
lure nearly every beast in the dungeon to their swuad, who were easily overwhelmed by
such a large number of foes, Joey's and Drachir's squads merged at their location and began
fighting off the core of the beasts, while Joey lured the large blue beasts away from the
formation and to a safe distance.

Once the bigger beasts were out of the way, the remainder of the hunt pulled together and
battled the undead threat, who after several minutes of a constant fight for survival, the
Guardsmen were Victorious.

Guardsmen battle the threat

After the threat was neutralised, the group headed into the main chamber where sure enough,
the lady was waiting for the bones, what she had planned to do with these bones was unknown,
until ofcourse, we gave them to her.

Once she had the bones, she threw them into the couldron and demanded for the demon to
reveal himself, everyone looked around as to see where the beast was to be, until we heard
a loud crash, the huge beast smashed through a solid stone pillar and into the light of
the Guardsmen's torches.

The Beast Reveals himself

The beast hurled the Guardsmen around the room with little effort, Kiyoshi threw spells at it,
Erik stood back and fires his arrows, other Guardsmen lept at its legs only to be thrown into
the air by the beasts huge boney arms, was this beast to much of a challenge?

After seeing the many Guardsmen hurtled around Joey made a charge at the beast, shield
infront and mace raised behind him "FOR THE BARON !" he yelled as he charged the huge beast,
which noticed him running and swung its arm around, knocking Joey flying across the room
into the wall, and then darkness.

Joey awoke a few minutes later to notice the remaining Guardsmen still fighting for their lives,
Erik and Kiyoshi were tending to the wounded, it was time for revenge ! Joey charged the
beast again, smashing at its legs and the beast stumbled, then noticing it was weak, everyone
lept at the beast, weapons hacking, bashing and smashing at every part of the beast until
finally, the beast gave up resisting and crumbled into a pile of boney remains.

For Cove !

The group then marched back to the woman, she was cowering behind her couldron the whole
time, but after she was helped up, she dusted herself off and thanked the Guardsman for
ridding the place of the beast, atleast for the time being...

She then promised to fund Fifty Thousand gold to the Militia funds for their efforts
this day, another Victory for Cove !

After Joey rummaged through the bone pile and removed the head of the Demon, Kiyoshi
opened a portal back to the Barracks, the men were home...

----------------

Guardsmen in Attendance

Joey Lanai, Sergeant (Leading)
Erik Arkay, Grenadier Corporal
Drachir, Junior Scout
Judas Debeau, Junior Guardsman
Dalamar, Guardsman Recruit
David Barid, Guardsman Recruit
Hoagie, Guardsman Recruit
Kiyoshi, Guardsman Recruit
Roland Dagorian, Guardsman Recruit
Vincent Redfield, Guardsman Recruit

Loot

Gold: 13603
50,000 Gold Promised by the Lady in Grey
The Skull of a Bone Demon (Trophy)

*Signed*
 - Joey S. Lanai, Sergeant

(Comments Welcomed - Squad leaders during the hunt, post your seperate parts below please)
« Last Edit: October 13, 2005, 04:23:13 pm by Arc/Joey » Logged

Drachir
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

Cutlass-wielding pirate-scout!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2005, 03:54:59 pm »

Aye, tha' bone demon were very 'ard I tell ye', I give a fine hand shake te' tha' red 'ead Recruit Kiyoshi, a fine job wi' the healin' an' all.

Also a fine job te' me squad, although they were no' as experienced as some o' the other members o' the hunt, i think they did a fine job, well done!

*signed*

Drachir Junior Guardsman

Oh an'...Sarge, congratulations on ye' trophy kill, a fine slaughterin' an' a fine hunt!

*cheers*

Erik Arkay/Evinyatar
Banned for profanity on command forums
Cove Command
Covian Legend

I worship Cabbage

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2005, 04:52:23 pm »

*Erik listens in on the story being told*

Aaah yes! A grand day that was! It was not my first visit to the Pit o' Doom so I knew we were in for an evenin' of blood 'n gore! We were not disappointed!

After decendin' in tha foul smellin' pit, Sergeant Lanai sent us on our way to collect rathar pagan lookin' bones. Confident of our abilities I order my squad to move right in the thick of it. It didn't take long for me to find what I was lookin' for. I had a cunnin' plan!

Myself and Kiyoshi set up a barrier in one o' the corridors and I ordered Junior Judas to fetch us a demonic creature. This he did and beast after beast it fell upon our blokkade!

Beasts break upon our formations like the sea on a kliff

Unfortunately at about the same moment as the other teams battled their way to our location Junior Deibeau didn't quite remember his mission, or was it battlefatigue? A huge pack of deamons, undead and other unholy creatures flocked down on the different teams as Sergeant Lanai already mentionned.

After that, Sergeant Lanai's story is pritty much straight! Bodies were flung left and right by that hideous beast and I even heard some cries for retreat! Luckaly it pays to have our local Hero with us and we held fast.

Bodies flung left and right

A glorious day indeed! Although despite the victory I doubt many of those there will venture down that Pit again with a stout heart!
« Last Edit: October 13, 2005, 04:58:42 pm by Erik Arkay » Logged

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length