Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 03:38:58 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Victory in Yew!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Victory in Yew!  (Read 2740 times)
Octiovus
Grandmaster tyrant.
Administrator
Covian Legend

View Profile
« on: February 02, 2005, 10:13:03 pm »

Well done men! Victory! Post your sketches and tale's of bravery below!

Vince Valentine BoC (01:26) :
Don't mock me! I get 10% discount at tescos!
Althalus
The Light Company
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2005, 12:11:10 am »

(ooc) no pics sorry but a pertrayle of the battle from a plain soldiers point of view

(ic) Well there i was gathered in front of the barracs with the rest of the men and i could hear the exited babble of the otheres and the predominant phrase that was buzzing around was "War with Yew" there was an air of excitment and anticipation but underlying it all a vauge feeling of aprehension.

The baron came out after a while and gave a rousing speech then led us all to yew.  we gathered a short distance from stonekeep, home of the guardsmen of yew, and i was instructed to scout around so i slipped into the shadows and, soft footed as a mouse i crept upto the castle  and slipped up the stairs.  Once there i peered through a gap in the doors and quickly counted the men inside then slipped back to where the troops were holding position. 

Steping from the shadows i reported what i had seen and  and the numbers i had counted then preapared myself for  the coming battle.  We marched to the entrance to the castle and an envoy was sent up to ask for the serender of our foes.  he returned some moments later looking scared and slightly unnerved.  He reported that they had said if WE surended we might live!!! the gall of these people!

upon hearing this the Baron ordered the advance and we proceded up the stairs.  Upon reaching the top we carefully opened the doors and with a roar charged in only to find the room deserted!  Had they ran away? we stood for a moment staring around us woundering what had happened when suddenly from the depths of the keep we heared a roar and then troops began pooring up the stairs and they were upon us.

The battle was comenced and all was chaos i was ducking and weaving around slashing out with my Nunchuka, blocking an incoming sword with the chain then lashing out to catch a foe around the knees taking him off his feet whereupon i quickly droped to one knee next to him whilst at the same time drawing my dager and plunging it up under his helm and into the base of his jaw through to his skull. a shadow across the now dead mans helm alerted me to a presence behind and so i rolled to the side and swung with all my might crashing my weapon into the helm of another foe distracting him long enough for one of my comrads to deliver the killing blow.  The battle raged around me as i continued to battle untill eventually there were just the dead, the wounded and us ..... vitcurius! i slowly relaxed and stared around me whilst wiping splatered blood from my face.  The barron stood a short distance away and after servaying the scenn he orderd us back to cove where we were congratulated us on a battle well fought and dissmised us to tend the wounded.

Sitting in the taver later i smiled gently to myself.  We showed them the bloody swamp dwellers.

Locke DaOrt
Cuts Elves limbs off (Dell does too!)
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2005, 01:19:10 pm »

We charged the steps and then suddenly were charged....locke saw the purple potions flying towards him...he broke out into a dodging movement and saw one aimed at the baron...he smashed it in midair with his scythe and then broke into combat...moving swiftly his first man was to be....a trainee....a mere trainee fought they could handle a woad raider?....ha!...the trainee fell fast and then he moved onto a man that seemed to be chasing the baron....this man was already wounded and he fell with ease....locke started fighting as many men as he could as they came....untill the battle was over....or was it?...he saw two men fleeing from the corner of his eye...he broke in chase but they split up....he followed the one in blue and started fighting him alone...then it happened...*Whack!*

Locke lays on the grass thinking to himself what could have gone wrong...how could one man fall him...even with his wounds from the previous night...he should have been able to take one mere guard....perhaps locke was getting old....in his youth he would never have let one man take him down...perhaps he just lost his footing...he replays the battle over and over in his mind and suddenly he realises his mistake.....he twitched at a small burn on his chest....coves own militia was responsible for his failure

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length