Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 08, 2024, 12:05:55 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Location of the Brigands
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Location of the Brigands  (Read 2002 times)
Talpa Europaea
Guest Of Cove

Assassin in Militia clothing

View Profile
« on: November 28, 2005, 02:42:55 pm »

*A report with an accompanying map is sent to an officer of the Covian Militia*

Dear Sir,

As you may have heard, a gate sentry that was being held yesterday evening, the 27th November, was ambushed by a group of approximately five brigands.  They had either sneaked into Cove earlier that day when the gate was not being manned or had arrived by boat, for they appeared from within the town walls with weapons drawn.

A fight broke out in which the brigands overwhelmed the guards, and then began to dismantle the sentry.  I was fortunate enough to escape to the shadowed alleys of the buildings outside the Covian gate, and watched the brigands from there.

One of the brigands that was injured in the fight started moving South through the forest, so I decided to follow him and perhaps take him in for questioning were I to get the chance.  It turned out that I would not need to question him after all, for aa I watched and listened from behind a tree I was privvy to a very interesting conversation...

*The conversation is recounted below*

*As the brigand makes a slow departure from Cove, clutching his bruised ribs and brushing away low hanging tree branches with one hand, he is startled by someone calling out after him.  One of the strangers that was standing by the Covian gate when they attacked was following him.  As the pair get deep in conversation, they are oblivious to the Covian guard lurking in the trees nearby getting closer to listen in on their conversation*

Stranger: Well i'm a fighter, banned from Trinsic in fact.

Brigand: So you mean... you wish to join the Brigands?

Stranger: Hhmm you could put it like that.

Brigand: *Rubs his beard in thought before folding his arms*

Stranger: Only problem is...

Brigand: Yes?

Stranger: I used to fight for the Britainnia Guards, before they fired me for attacking Trinsicians.

Brigands: *Nods* I thought I recognised you, part of the rebellion?

Stranger: *Smirks* I only fought for 'em for the money.  Aye, I started the uprising.

Brigand: *Smirks*

Stranger: Although i'm afraid I felled a few of yer chaps who were hired by the Dutchy.  Not sure if teh be a problem there?

Brigand: *Nods slowly* Okay lets go somewhere safe, don't know who's listening.

With that the brigand concluded the conversation and opened up a gate.  Once they were inside I crept from the bushes and followed them, appearing at what is evidently their hideout.  Unfortunately my cover was blown somewhat as I stood on and snapped a twig as I departed the gate. 

Anticipating that he was being followed, the brigand turned to look in the general direction of the bushes in which i was hiding and tried to perform some ludicrous charade about how it was "Lucky this isn't the real place!...".

Deciding that perhaps he wasn't being followed after all and just being paranoid, he decided that "They wouldn't be heard inside anyway..." so they proceeded into the building.  I decided it would not be prudent to enter the hideout alone, so I made a note of the sextant co-ordinate of the location and headed through the trees to the nearest road to try to get my bearings.

It turned out it was just off a road leading South from Yew, an area I know very well having lived there for many years.  I have submitted the location of this building in the hope that it may be useful in apprehending these criminals.

*Signed*
                   Talpa Europaea

Drachir
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

Cutlass-wielding pirate-scout!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2005, 05:29:00 pm »

An excellent find young Talpa! And all but the Light Company will be pleased to know of this evil place. But us Light Company have no for many a year!

Excellent report none the less, although, I have yet to master the skill of drawing whilst staying hidden from enemies.

Kiran
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2005, 06:14:13 pm »

Looks more like she memorised it then wrote it down after, normally thats what done from what I know.

*Signed*

Kiran.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length