Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 04:42:15 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Patrolling Log
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 59 Print
Author Topic: Patrolling Log  (Read 283834 times)
Arel Mortan
Covian Guardsman
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #615 on: April 27, 2007, 03:58:36 pm »

Patrolling Cove gates and town

Guardsmen in Attendance:

Raiden Morana, Grenadier Corporal (Leading.)
Arel Mortan, Guardsman Recruit.

My mentor, Raiden, took me on a walk to build up my communicating skills. On this walk, we decided to patrol Cove Town and the main gates. We walked around and checked the docks, which were clad with Mr Eason's clutter from his teaching earlier on in the day. We thought the "clutter" actually looked rather nice and we left it, in case Mr Eason would be in need of it again that coming evening.

We patrolled the bank and various other buildings, asking how the citizens have been faring and making sure there was no trouble. All was well.

Apart from the big dead pig outside the gates... But we don't talk about that.

We then left and set out on our next patrol.

*Signed Neatly*
« Last Edit: April 27, 2007, 04:05:33 pm by Arel Mortan » Logged

Arel Mortan
Covian Guardsman
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #616 on: April 27, 2007, 04:04:35 pm »

Patrolling Cove's Forest

Guardsmen in Attendance:

Raiden Morana, Grenadier Corporal (Leading.)

After patrolling Cove's Town, we set off and made our way into the forest past all of the houses. When we got into the center of it, we noticed various brigand camps, and we plan on taking some sort of action on those heathenous fools. We stood and pondered whilst looking at the state of the brigand camp, and we could smell its foul stench from where we were standing (a few feet away)... More dead cows and sheep and.. Eurgh. So nothing to report from that patrol, apart from brigands and dead cows. Not exactly a rare occurance.

*Signed Neatly*

« Last Edit: April 30, 2007, 10:10:02 pm by Darath Mithar » Logged

John Dell
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #617 on: April 29, 2007, 07:54:11 pm »

Patrolling Cove

Guardsmen in Attendance:

Regular Guardsman John Dell (Led)
Regular Dragoon Thomas Sendrich

We went to a quick patrol to Cove to see if order was kept inside the gates. A town crier has apparently been hired in Cove, surely a sign of prosperity and growth!
Nothing else interesting to report.

Signed,
Thomas Sendrich on behalf of,
John Dell

« Last Edit: May 12, 2007, 09:50:19 am by Darath Mithar » Logged

"Technological progress is like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal."

Oct sayeth  (19:47):
We need more Swedes.
Oct sayeth  (19:47):
"I was stabbed."
Oct sayeth (19:47):
"But I will hold this in and carry on."

First Story       --->      Smiley
Second story --->      Undecided
Third Story     --->     Sad
Eve Thenasa
Senior Guardsman
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

Mae na fordd i rhoi Wil i welly.

View Profile
« Reply #618 on: May 08, 2007, 12:28:46 pm »

Patrol of the shire from the Barracks to the Town gates

Guardsmen/women in attendance:-
~*~ Raiden, Grenadier Corporal
~*~ Faden, Watchman
~*~ Eve, Junior Grenadier (Leading)

This eve, as we patrolled downward towards the Town Gates,  I instructed the men to check inside the church building, whilst I patrolled the graveyard.  Our church has been the target of many a heathen recently.  The men were troubled by the quietness and eeriness that the night brought... In fact I even found myself hearing noises, that sent shivers down my spine...  but I was relieved when we discovered the noises were coming from a cow!

I instructed a thorough search of the town hall in the near vicinity, the building was clear, but the water appeared unusually murky!  I ordered Faden to sample the water... we watched and waited.  At first I thought he had begun to convulse violently but...

Raiden:-"Dell might have peed in it?"
Faden:-"I think it's Grief's Bath!"
(Faden vomits in the flower bed)

after vomiting Faden felt much better!

Following a search of the library, with nothing but dusty books!, we reached Cove gates as daylight approached.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2007, 10:49:00 pm by Eve » Logged
Eve Thenasa
Senior Guardsman
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #619 on: May 08, 2007, 10:46:46 pm »

Patrol of Cove Town

~*~ Faden, Watchman
~*~ Emanuel, Cove town Guard

I ordered Faden to remain and man the sentry at the gates, with a Cove town guard who came to assist us, whilst Raiden and myself, went inside to patrol the town.  We made our way to the docks uneventfully, taking in the sea breeze air.  We stopped to admire the H. B. S. Battleborn, but to our surprise another ship was docked in the harbour...

M. N. F. Explorer II?  I asked the Corporal if he recognised the ship to be one of ours, but he did not recognise it.  I therefore decided that we should patrol the rest of the town in search of our invaders visitors and if we were to find them, question them on their business and the purpose of their visit.  Alas, we found nothing but a disturbingly quiet town!  I ordered Raiden to check the fields and tower, whilst I covered the bank and healers.  Upon returning to the sentry, I was dismayed to discover Faden snoring away, and the town guard not looking particularly lively.  After abruptly waking him, I ordered him to do twenty press-ups (it will be a lot more if I ever catch him again).  Raiden joined us shortly afterward, reporting that after slaying an ogre and headless munching away on crops, he had not found our visitors to Cove.

*signed*

Eve, Junior Grenadier

« Last Edit: May 08, 2007, 11:13:29 pm by Eve » Logged
Eve Thenasa
Senior Guardsman
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #620 on: May 08, 2007, 11:11:20 pm »

Patrol of the Orc Fort

~*~ Faden, Watchman
~*~ Emanuel, Cove town Guard

After clearing the sentry, I led all to the Orc Fort, to clear it of it's inhabitants.  The Watch towers and wooden buildings were brought to ashes, along with the orcs and it's chief!  But all did not go quite according to plan, since the Cove town Guard has obviously had different training to the Army, he seemed incapable of following orders, and he tended to wander off.  We were forced to rescue his sorry arse time and time again.

*signed*
Eve, Junior Grenadier

Celuvian
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

I bring the Haap..

View Profile
« Reply #621 on: May 10, 2007, 09:18:08 pm »

Patrol of Altmere Outpost.

Lead by:
Celuvian Haap ~ Watchman

Attending:
Perrin ~ Watchman
Zoie Hayden ~ Guardsman Recruit

Took the fresh recruit Hayden out for a patrol to the altmere outpost. Nothing of significance to report, cept that the recruit shows promise.
Maldraedior
Covian Guardsman
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #622 on: May 11, 2007, 11:00:59 am »

Patrol of Cove town.

Lead by :
Watchman Maldraedior.

Guardsmen in Attendance :
Sarge Hoagie
Regular Dalamar
Regular John Dell
Watchman Perrin

After a failed attempt to patrol Cove town during the night - I curse the sun for staying up way to long, we decided to just do a regular patrol around the town, checking if everything is in order.

We split into 3 search teams to quicken the task. I stayed as one unit, Dell and Dalamar as one and Hoagie and Perrin as the last.

We found nothing suspiscious or worth mentioning, the town was quiet and still celebrating our grand victory over the Yewians.

« Last Edit: May 14, 2007, 07:17:31 pm by Darath Mithar » Logged
Mercy
Covian Guardsman
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #623 on: May 13, 2007, 09:19:44 pm »

After the boxing lesson at the Accademy, Recruit Zoie asked if we could be lead on a patrol.  Firstly Guardsmen Dell said he'd take us but was interupted by Junior Delcarakdur who wanted to talk to us first.  When we turned round John had gone, so Watchman Amy took us both instead along with Sergeant Hoagie and Watchman Celuvian.

We started off looking round the Shire when Amy decided we should walk to Altmere instead, the journey there was uneventful and nothing seemed out of place so we headed back.

On our return there had been some trouble, a shadowy figure had attacked Decarakdur so we headed to his aid and almost got the person but he used the shadows to escape.   He attacked again when we were standing near the barracks and managed to injure both Dec and Amy, suffering Dec a wound that needed healers treatment.

Leading Guardsman - Watchman Amy
Accompanying Guardsmen

Dragoon Sergeant Hoagie
Watchman Celuvian
Recruit Zoie
Recruit Mercy

Moritz
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #624 on: May 14, 2007, 07:15:27 pm »

town Cove-19.45GMT Monday/14/5/07

Followed report about thiefs in Cove

Led by Tyrael Styx, Watchman
*Moritz, Guardsman Recruit

Nothing found, cleaned town from rats.
Zoie Hayden
Dragoon
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #625 on: May 14, 2007, 10:24:10 pm »

14th of May, Afternoon patrol

Celuvian Haap, Watchman leading
Zoie Hayden, Guardsman Recruit in accompaning

Celuvian took me out on a patrol of the Covian Shire this afternoon and to introduce me to the nearby dungeon of Covetous.

On the way, Cel had me kill off any zombies and rats we came across, and soon we'd reached the cave entrance. He showed me inside to view the harpies that reside there, then we left to head back to the Barracks.
On the way back however, we decided to clean out the graveyard and confront the Liche that had been squatting there for some time. After an intense battle with the Liche and it's minions, I was wounded, and Cel directed us back to the Barracks. We made it safe and sound and felt good having protected the Shire once again.

*Signed*
Zoie Hayden
Guardman Recruit

Perrin
Beardsman
Covian Guardsman
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #626 on: May 14, 2007, 11:23:44 pm »

Monday, May 14
Patrol in Cove

Leading: Perrin
Attending: Maldraedior
                Zoie Hayden
                Andrew
                Celuvian Haap

Following the skirmish with Yewish fighters in Cove, I led a patrol to the town gates. We split into two groups, one to check the walls and one to check the docks. Everything seemed to be in place and no suspicious persons were found. Never can be too careful when dealing with Yewlanders...

« Last Edit: May 14, 2007, 11:29:16 pm by Perrin » Logged

Zoie Hayden
Dragoon
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #627 on: May 19, 2007, 01:03:56 pm »

18th of May, Late night patrol

Led By:

-Hoagie, Dragoon Sergeant

Attended By:
-Zoie Hayden, Guardsman Recruit
-Gabriel Drachen, Guardsman Recruit
-Faden Wildheart, Watchman (Joined late)

With rumours of a supposed ghost still circulating around Cove, Sir Hoagie gathered us night owls up to put an end to it once and for all. We were to make a patrol around the township making sure to visit the "hotspots" including the lighthouse, docks, and bank.

We made our way around the township searching for any clues, but we found none save a beautiful white horse who had gotten trapped in the lighthouse. Sir Hoagie declared that it was now the lighthouse operator's problem, and we moved on to the bank and met up with Faden. With one last, quick, uneventful look around the town, Sir Hoagie called it a night and we were dismissed.

*Signed*
Zoie Hayden
Guardsman Recruit

Kerri
Covian Dreamer
Covian Guardsman
Covian Citizen

To lazy for you..

View Profile
« Reply #628 on: May 20, 2007, 04:01:50 am »

Late night patrol - 4:30AM

Led by:
Gabriel Drachen, Guardsman Recruit

Attended By:
Kerri, Guardsman Recruit
Hoagie, Dragoon Sergeant (Came late)

We went and walked around the forest, clearing it of the trolls, ettins and ogres which tainted it. Nothing special to report, sirs.

Guardsman Recruit, Kerri.

Zoie Hayden
Dragoon
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #629 on: May 21, 2007, 11:37:43 pm »

22nd of May, Evening

Led by: Jack Sinist, Regular Guardsman
Attended by: Zoie Hayden, Watchman

While admiring Sir Hoagie's steed, and wondering if I'd be able to lead a patrol or something before the night was finished, Guardsman Jack popped up seemingly from nowhere. He ordered my parade arm out, shouted something about my getting him promoted, and off we went.

We entered the town of Cove and started making the rounds when all of a sudden we saw a Giant! It looked like a giant orc wearing armour and before we could close our gaping jaws, it murdered someone! So immediately Jack shouted to charge the beast, but before we had a chance, the Giant shrunk and morphed into an armoured human. It then walked off as if nothing had happened.

We were agast to say the least, but continued with our rounds and saw nothing else of significance.

Another thing of note: As I was preparing this report in the Barracks, I felt an object brush my leg, and found that it was a bag left on the ground. I picked i up and searched through it and found a note amongst the food and alcohol.

I read the note, and it was addressed to me! It was a thank you to Jack and I from a person called Zli. Apparantly they appreciated that we were willing to fight the Giant in Cove to save them, even if we were too late. They must be the person who we saw killed when we entered Cove!

*Signed*
Zoie Hayden
Watchman

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 59 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length