Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 11:41:30 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Patrolling Log
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 59 Print
Author Topic: Patrolling Log  (Read 315619 times)
Falconheart
Baron's Own Grenadier
Covian Regular

Baron's own Grenadier

View Profile
« Reply #660 on: June 28, 2007, 05:12:50 pm »

Patrol around our Palisade we built inside the orc fort

Led by:
Watchman,  Falconheart

Attended by:
Regular Scout, Olchafa Serpent
Guardsman Recruit Darenenth

The purpose of this patrol was to locate and size up any information how large the orc forces are that where about to attack our sentry and palisade we built up in the orc fort. We expected an attack any time

I made the suggestion to Senior Guardsman Demarian Tel'var to lead this patrol for the above mentioned reasons. He agreed and asked me Olchafa should accompany us.
Of course I agreed! He followed us in the shadows where we prompt ran into an orc scout.

Well we made some noise sending this orc scum to hell so reminded this detail to keep it quiet and to advance slowly

After we sucessfully deystroyed the orcish scouts quietly as I hoped..It became almost eariely quiet.
Well recieved an education shortly afterwards. We walked straight into an ambush! We did not see any evidence of any orcs around no signs or prints on the ground..Actually the area looked clean..That was the problem too clean for an orc. I should have realized that!
Well I hastily ordered this patrol back to the palisade..*coughs* forcemarching of course. There I releaved the patol and reported to Senior Guardsman Demarian Tel'var

*signed* Falconheart, Watchman in the Covian Army

« Last Edit: June 28, 2007, 06:18:41 pm by Falconheart/Dah'Han » Logged

I work at a place with 2400 MW's of pure power
Belakor
Covian Guardsman
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #661 on: June 30, 2007, 06:22:30 pm »

Patrol area:
Graveyard

Time:
1935Hrs

Date:
Saturday 30th June

Patrol leader:

Regular Guardsman Jack Sinist

Guardsmen/Officers attending:

Guardsman recruit Belakor

First patrol for me, nothing special to report. An ogre attacked us and tried to "break" the silent atmosphere of the graveyard but failed. Some of the surprised undead citizens that came close to us received a "present" from Jack Sinst. 

Signed,
Belakor
Douglas Kione
Covian Guardsman
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #662 on: June 30, 2007, 06:42:57 pm »

Situation report on a routine patrol led by Regular Guardsman Jack Sinist.

Date:
Saturday 30th June

Attendants:
Regular Guardsman Jack Sinist, patrol leader
Guardsman Recruit Douglas Kione

We set out from the Cove Barracks around 2100 hours the wayside fort near Altmere as our destination. The route was a shortcut through the woods and then the road northwest to Altmere. Everything seemed in order and the contryside was quiet during the travel. No threats neither for the locals nor the Baronship were present at that time.
Douglas Kione
Covian Guardsman
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #663 on: July 03, 2007, 07:19:02 pm »

Situation Report
3rd of July

Attendants:
Regular Watchman Jakob D'Stoke, patrol leader
Guardsman Recruit Douglas Kione
Guardsman Recruit Belakor
Guardsman Recruit Dimman

We left the barracks for the patrol around 2100h to the
wayside fort of Altmere. Once at the fort, we searched it
for anything unusual, but everything seemed to be in order.

Then, suddenly a skeletal figure emerged from its hiding and
thrust its blade into my back. I was instantly reduced to
ground, bleeding like an animal. The figure backed away as
fast as it had emerged.

I remember my comrades dragging me away from the fort in
retreat, all the while the undead engaged us screaming that
'the Guardian' wanted our souls. As more and more of those
skeletal horrors closed in on us, it was only due to Jakob's
brilliant leadership that we ever made it out alive.

« Last Edit: July 03, 2007, 07:59:44 pm by Douglas Kione » Logged
Falconheart
Baron's Own Grenadier
Covian Regular

Baron's own Grenadier

View Profile
« Reply #664 on: July 04, 2007, 03:36:44 pm »

Patrol of the Althmere Outpost- 7pm GMT, Tuesday 03/07/07

Leading Guardsmen:

Demarian Tel'Var, Senior Grenadier

Attending Guardsmen:

Falconheart, Junior Guardsman

I recieved a pidgeon from the Senior Grenadier Demarian telling me to come quickly to the barracks.
After I ate the pidgeon which tasted mighty fine I went to the barracks. Senior Grenadier Demarian Tel'Var asked me to join him on a patrol of the Altmere Outpost to check on any enemy or illegal activity there.
He gave me the order to force march to Altmere. We both ran like thechurchies whole yewish army where after us.
When I reached Altmere I noticed the Senior Grenadier was missing! Before I had to time to worry he showed up and explained without me asking why he was delayed. Well it seems he had a natural urge while running.
While he was relieving himself. He was attacked by .......*shruggs* can't actually remember what it was?
For logical reasons he was "onehandingly" fighting off some various scum. After he "finished" *coughs*he showed up in the appropriate time frame Grenadiers need to *coughs* destroy there enemies.
which was erm like two minutes meh thinks..or maybe less

Well we continued on with our patrol and gave an evidence of Grenadier intelligence. Well shortly after we realized where we where at Senior Guardsman Demarian Tel'Var actually had access to both of his hands..Thank the Avatar! Because we would have not made it!

After our patrol we forced marched back to the barracks where I was dimissed.....Ahh yes...Senior Grenadier, Demarian Tel'Var asked me to do this report in his name because he was ...busy

in behalf of Demarian Tel'Var, Senior Grenadier

*signed* Falconheart of Deepwater, Junior Guardsman in the Covian Army

*slaps head* This could be a story of true Covian swagger meh thinks
« Last Edit: July 04, 2007, 04:07:11 pm by Falconheart/Dah'Han » Logged

I work at a place with 2400 MW's of pure power
Belakor
Covian Guardsman
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #665 on: July 05, 2007, 08:43:25 pm »

Patrol area:
Altmere

Time:
20.05Hrs

Date:
Thursday 5th July

Patrol leader:

Regular Guardsman John Dell

Guardsmen/Officers attending:

Watchman Celuvian Haap
Watchman James Covium
Guardsman Reacruit Dimman
Guardsman Recruit Belakor

Details :

We marched towards Britain, leaving behind our honored barracks to reach our noth outpost, Altemere. Once we got there some bloodthirsty creatures appeared out of the woods and attacked us. Unfortunately, there was an unlucky but still hungry bear with them and joined them in afterlife's journey...

John Dell then ordered us to check the Altmere and evaluate that everything was silent and safe. We searched the whole building, inch by inch, but everything was "untouched".

So after some moments and while following the rocky road towards the Cove, screams full of hatred sounded from the forest besides us... "Attack them..!!!" ...were the last words that echoed in my mind and in a blink of an eye two burglars charged us. After exchanging some "nasty" blows they ended up lying on the ground...

The report procedure was normal. There was a battle waiting for as after all...

Signed,
Belakor
Brandy Arrowsnap
Covian Guardsman
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #666 on: July 10, 2007, 09:17:24 pm »

Patrol leader: Brandy Arrowsnap - Watchman

Attended

Hoagie - dragoon sergeant
Baraz - guardsman recruit

9:30 (GMT) 10th july 07

We Patroled the city of cove, to check the area was clear

Signed *Brandy Arrowsnap*
« Last Edit: July 10, 2007, 09:22:35 pm by Brandy Arrowsnap » Logged
Brandy Arrowsnap
Covian Guardsman
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #667 on: July 11, 2007, 03:55:35 pm »

Patrol leader - Brandy Arrowsnap - Watchman

Attended soliders.

Olchafe Seprant - Rugular scout.
Hittler - Guardsman Recruit.
Hoagie - Dragoon Sergeant.
Kal Shadowhand - Church Servant.

Time: 16:00 pm [GMT]

Date: 11/7/07

Place:Cove town

I was strowling in the town of cove when a few men jumped at me and knocked me down then ran away. So i got a patrol together and patroled the town of cove.

Signed * Brandy Arrowsnap - Watchman *
Dimman
Covian Guardsman
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #668 on: July 13, 2007, 12:35:55 am »

Patrol Area:
Orc Fort near Cove

Date & Time:
13'th of July around 01.00 AM

Patrol Leader:
Watchman Ronas Xerad

Attendance:
Hoagie - Dragoon Sergeant
Kerri - Junior Guardsman
Desmond Kriger - Junior Guardsman
Olchafa Serpernt - Regular Scout
Dimman - Watchman

Details:

Orcs have been awfully quiet of late so it was a very good idea to take a patrol towards the Orc Fort to see what they have been up to.

The orcs did definately not like that idea and attacked us! We managed to defeat the attacking forces and decided to do a swift counter attack to thin their numbers down a bit.. everyone knows orcs breed like bunnies so for the safety of Cove its good to get their morale down a bit now and then.

*Signed* Dimman, Watchman
Radek Wilkes
Yewish Sergeant
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #669 on: July 17, 2007, 10:20:54 am »

Patrol of Cove Graveyard - 10:30am GMT, Tuesday 17/07/07
Just a regular visit to lower the numbers of undead.
Led by Demarian Tel'var, Senior Grenadier
Attending:
*Ihiniar Tel'var (Guardsman Recruit
*Marcus Tel'var (Watchman)

After sparring on the roof for a while, Grenadier Tel'var suggested we take a patrol, he lead us to the graveyard, and we 'desicrated' the undead, (his words, not mine). Dispatched them with ease, and charged into huge groups of them, knocking the liches flying first.

We marched back, we had gathered 4,000 crowns, then we were dismissed.

*Signed*

Ihiniar Tel'var.

Rbl <3 Thf
Sean Greyson
Covian Guardsman
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #670 on: July 17, 2007, 04:42:48 pm »

Patrol of Altmere - 16.30pm GMT Tuesday 17th July

Led by Sean Greyson
Attending Ihiniar Tel'var
Marcus Tel'var

I decided it would be a good idea to do a patrol to Altmere as it had not been patrolled for a few days.  On the way there we came by the usual Troll in the woods and an Ettin attacking a Great Hart, presumably for it's meal.  Making sure the outpost was secure I felt we should patrol the area to the east towards the mountainside.  Upon entering one of the mining tunnels we came across a party of brigands that were using the cave as a hideout and possibly location to coordinate attacks on Cove.  We believe it is important to keep these caves patrolled in case of further brigand camps occupying them.

« Last Edit: July 18, 2007, 04:16:14 pm by Mela Arkay » Logged

Radek Wilkes
Yewish Sergeant
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #671 on: July 19, 2007, 05:12:41 pm »

Leading: Demarian Tel'var, Senior Grenadier

Attending:
*Ihiniar Tel'var, Recruit
*Sean Greyson, Recruit
*Hoagie, Dragoon Sgt.
*Arcturus, Recruit
*Kas Valentine, Regular
*Daniella Strawn, Recruit

Objective: Patrol to Altmere, then continue to Falconberg's keep and patrol that area.

Was a pretty eventless patrol to Altmere, except the inevitable ogre and troll, once there it was also empty, accept for a cow, which Senior Grenadier Tel'var put his training to practice and killed it.

We then walk onwards to Falconberg's keep killing any animal or creature we found on the way, hopefully the locals will take note of this ruthlesness and stop comitting crimes! We found only a single brigand at the keep, and took him down.

*Signed*
Ihiniar Tel'var

Rbl <3 Thf
Kas Valentine
Spellbook of Cove
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #672 on: July 20, 2007, 03:33:21 pm »

Patrol to Compassion Crossroads

Led by:
Regular Guardsman Kas Valentine.

Attended by:
Guardsman Recruit Ihiniar Tel'var.
Guardsman Recruit Sean Greyson.
Guardsman Recruit Esquaton Quale.

At the barracks earlier this afternoon I discovered Ihiniar and Esquaton in the middle of a sparring session, the latter having a little trouble against his opponent.

Kas Valentine: We'll have to toughen you up recruit, line up outside the barracks, we're off on patrol.

Esquaton and Ihiniar (in unison): Right away sir !

You will find my report beneath the attached portrait.

We headed directly north, my intention being to clear a safe passage from Compassion crossroads all the way back down to Cove. The recruits were eager and swiftly dispatched the one or two creatures that inhibited our progress towards Altmere outpost. I made certain the outpost was safe by sending the men inside for a thorough inspection.

Once this was confirmed we had a brief problem with Esquaton who was distracted by a nightshade plant at the side of the road. Clearly Ihiniar had dealt which similar situations before, he administered a quick flick to Quale's nose and the chap was wide awake. The remaining stroll to the crossroads was uneventful aside from the odd bandit that was foolish enough to meddle with our worthy recruits.

At the crossroads I had the local buildings inspected for any ruffians who had fled in advance of our patrol. At this point someone came running up the road;

Kas Valentine: Who goes there!?

Sean Greyson: Sean Greyson sir, I heard you might need some assistance.

Kas Valentine: Ah good work Greyson, we'll head back to Cove once the others conclude their inspection.

The buildings turned out to be the hiding place of a single bandit who had taken refuge when we engaged his friends only moments earlier. We disarmed him, forced him to abandon his clothes and sent him in the direction of the swamp with some harsh words. The recruits suitably amused we travelled the road back to Altmere and through the woods to Cove.

Back at the barracks and safe in the knowledge we had cleared the road for traders to trade and visitors to visit I dismissed the guardsmen with pride.

Gold collected for the Baronship coffers: Eight hundred crowns.

Signed faintly in barely legible handwriting,
Regular Guardsman Kas Valentine.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2007, 09:36:38 pm by Kas Valentine » Logged

Sean Greyson
Covian Guardsman
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #673 on: July 20, 2007, 03:56:35 pm »

Patrol to the Graveyard

Led by:
Recruit Sean Greyson

Attended by
Recruit Ihiniar Tel'var
Recruit Esquaton Quale
Recruit Arcturus

As we were still at a loose end after the previous patrol and Mr Valentine had taken to writing the report as soon as done, I decided to lead another patrol, this time to the Graveyard.

The other recruits were keen to join another patrol, even putting off having an ale for the thought of vanquishing some zombies at the graveyard.

Trying to keep the other recruits together proved a little difficult at first as they just seemed to want to split up and attack everything standing.   I even had to tell Esquaton a few times to stand still so we could heal him.   Other than that we made short work of everything in the graveyard, even two liches that threatened to thwart our efforts.

On our return I dismissed them after a short lesson.

Gold gathered - 6150

Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #674 on: July 21, 2007, 08:43:18 pm »

Patrol To The Altmere Outpost

Led by:
Raiden, Grenadier Sergeant

Attended by: Lara Stevens, Guardsman Recruit

I took our newest Recruit on a trip to the Altmere Outpost to get her used to army life after her spell in the citizenry.

Nothing much to report a few ogres slain and the outpost was clear.

*Signed*

Raiden, Grenadier Sergeant.

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 59 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length