Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 03:47:47 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Watchman's Trial: Geit Arma - COMPLETED
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Watchman's Trial: Geit Arma - COMPLETED  (Read 2712 times)
Gregor Eason
« on: February 07, 2006, 05:23:12 am »

Eason looked over the Watchman's record.
"Hrmm. Seems this fellow's a rich chap! Buying up the local land. But what of his competence as a guardsman. No stray errors. Working well on his duties. Aye, he seems adequate." Eason pondered. "What to give him. Hrm. Ah yes. A Sentry here, a Patrol there.. Perhaps a Hunt. And..." Eason chuckled to himself.. The Exploring Officer, relegated to administrative duties, stamped down on the document.
Trial approved!

Watchman's Trial: Geit Arma
Addressed to Watchman Geit Arma

Hail there, Watchman Arma.
Your record has shown a good commitment to the Baronship Household and the Covian Army. It is now time for ye to progress further amongst the ranks, to that of Junior Guardsman. In doing so you earned the Covian Cap, the great honour that all those at the rank and above of Junior are proud to don.
Below are a few tasks to earn ye this. Get the job done!
Gregor Eason, Exploring Officer

Tasks
* Hold Sentry outside Jessica Hawkins' Tailoring Shoppe.
* Lead a Patrol through the Covian Shire, entering the Graveyard and dispatching the Undead.
* Lead a Hunt to Ice Dungeon.

Conditions
* Sentry must include at least THREE other guardsmen.
- Ask around for the location of Jessica's Shopee.
* Patrol must include at least THREE other guardsmen.
* Hunt must include at least FOUR other guardsmen.
* All aspects of this Trial must be documented in THIS thread.

Good Luck!
« Last Edit: February 22, 2006, 01:45:45 pm by Gregor Eason » Logged
Arma Renox
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

"What did you say about my hat?!"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2006, 06:56:04 pm »

A Graveyard Patrol!

February 10th, 6:00pm GMT

Watchman Geit Arma
Watchman Edmund Rufus
Watchman Bayne
and that wonderous mage, Khaelieth!

I rallied up as many guardsmen as I could, but everyone were sleeping. Thankfuly that battle hardy mage Khaelieth was able to offer his support in our battle.
After a briefing, quick bandage and supply check, I marched us on our way to the graveyard. Khael had mentioned seeing a lich wandering Cove, and I decided he must be stopped before causing any more trouble or harm to our citizens!

When we arrived, it seemed that even ogres were amassing with the undead. They attacked us at the gate, but we quickly felled 'em and moved inward.

The undead swarmed around us, ghostly figures to walking corpses to warriors made of bone, we felled 'em all in the name of Cove! A small tomb stands at the back of the graveyard, so we ventured closer, Watchman Bayne noticing Lich tracks in the dirt.

As we approached his sanctuary, a lich came at us from behind, enraged at the defeat of his minions. He must have been a lesser lich however, as he quickly fell to the mace, sword, arrows and magic of our combined force.

In order to prevent more of his kind emerging from the ground, I asked Khael to burn the disturbed grave. I could almost swear I heard faint screams coming from within as the magical flames burned away at the earth and bones.

Confident in our performance, we exited the graveyard, dispatching the last few undead that had crawled their way out of their graves.
We managed to collect a small pile of gold, which we added to the coffers.

For Cove!!

*signed*

-Geit Arma-

Gregor Eason
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2006, 12:31:20 am »

A good start to ye Trial, and an excellent report!

Covian Army & Baronship Council
Arma Renox
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2006, 04:56:58 pm »

A Tailor Shop Sentry

February 12th, 4:00pm GMT

Watchman Geit Arma
Officer Cadet Vince Valentine
Watchman Bayne
Junior Scout Olchafa Serpernt

In these dangerous times, no one is safe. Jess' tailor shop sits close to the gates of Cove, yet has no defenses! I decided it was time to send a message to any enemy forces watching Cove, that no target goes unprotected.

We began constructing the sentry, and I made sure that it was clear the kind of defenses I wanted!

Work progressed quickly, and a grand sentry came into existance. Stretching across the vunerable access to the shop, we managed to create a blockade matching the walls of Cove itself!

Miss Jessica's thanks was all the reward we needed, as we knew that a clear message had been sent: Cove is strong, and we defend our own!

*signed*

-Geit Arma-

Gregor Eason
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2006, 03:25:41 am »

Tasks updated.
*bump*

Arma Renox
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2006, 06:15:16 pm »

Final Task: Hunt to Ice Dungeon

February 21st 5:15pm GMT

Watchman Geit Arma leading, with

Regular Highlander Kurt
Junior Guard Bayne
Watchman Regdar
Guardsmen Recruit Yue Yan

and Regular Guard Kas Valentine, joining us at the beginning, and the end!

After returning from a successful sentry at the graveyard led by Regdar, and also finding a potential recruit, I decided it would be a good time to venture into Ice Dungeon for my trials!
Kas kindly gated us to the entrance of the dark, icey cave.
I gave the men a choice; ogres or rat men?

Decisions, decisions...

The general concensus, especialy from battle-hardened highlander Kurt, was to take on both foes! So we ventured inside, and I appointed Regdar in charge of lighting our adventure. We slayed many creatures of ice, venturing far into the dungeon to avoid groups of adventurers already attacking the monsters that lived there.
We managed to tackle one ogre, and we were fuelled with the fire of battle. However on sighting the next foe, things didn't go as well as we'd hoped...

Famous last words

After many fallings and being overpowered by the creatures that seemed to form from the ice on the cave walls, we pulled back to the bridge across a frosty lake.
We finaly managed to retrieve our belongings and slay the second icey lord of ogres.

Eventualy, victory!

I gave the weary fighters a choice; to continue on to the ratmen, or to exit now, on account of the beating we had all recieved.

But my generosity went disregarded, no one seemed alert enough to make a decision. So for that, I took them further in!

The Second Wave

Charging our way into the fort we stood our ground at the main gate. Half rat, half human creatures assailed us from all angles, but we held fast. I barked orders to stand firm and stay strong, healing each other at all times. We had no desire for a second thrashing, despite having recovered from the last, and this strengthened us more!

A heated battle

We finaly used the gate to our advantage and slew the enemy. The only men that were left standing after we had finished had no part of rat in them!

I announced our hunt a success: we had redeemed ourselves by dealing a mighty blow to the rats in the fort.

A Success

We collected a total of 7368 gold, 3368 of it went to the coffers and I gave each attending member 1000 gold to compensate for the beating they received.

For Cove!

*signed*

-Geit Arma-
« Last Edit: February 22, 2006, 01:56:28 pm by Geit Arma » Logged

Gregor Eason
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2006, 01:46:06 pm »

Good show, Watchman Arma.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: