Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 06:07:00 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Action at Altmere...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Action at Altmere...  (Read 1208 times)
Kas Valentine
Spellbook of Cove
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« on: February 25, 2006, 11:35:53 pm »

Altmere Sentry Report

As ordered by: Officer Cadet Vince Valentine.

Led by: Regular Guardman Kas Valentine.

Attended by: Guardsman Recruit Saladin, Junior Scout Olchafa Serpernt, Junior Guardsman Vincent Redfield.

While I was out hunting in the forests earlier today I received a message via communication crystal, it was from Vince Valentine;

"Afternoon there Kas, I was wondering if you might do me a favour...? Yer'see this evening I have some very pressing business to attend to but recruit Saladin is in dire need of some sentry training. If it's not too much bother do you think you could command this exercise in my absence....? I'd be very grateful if you could, Saladin should be hanging around the barracks somewhere."

I agreed to help out the Officer Cadet and promptly recalled to my home to set things in motion.

I sent a call to my close friend Tawny Cobalt asking that he construct a basic barricade around the front of Altmere outpost. After a short period of time I received word that he had finished his business so Saladin and I set out to inspect it.

Off to work we go !

Upon arriving at Altmere we discovered a distinctly sturdy barricade with a table and chair set up for the keeper of the logbook.

The guardpost is erected.

However upon closer inspection it turned out that Tawny had not reinforced the walls with the standard animal furs often used by the Baronship. I assigned Saladin to the task of gathering some and got to work on bringing the logbook up to date.

Don't get too many Saladin.

While Saladin was away gathering hides in the forest I bided my time by recording our actions in the logbook.

Leatherbound logbook, ooh fancy.

Soon enough Saladin returned with a hefty supply of freshly cut animal furs. Together we went around the barricade and reinforced it so that it would hold up against heavy blows and be protected from any wet weather headed over our way.

I was scribbling an entry onto a fresh page in the logbook when suddenly Junior Scout Olchafa Serpernt jumped out on me, as he usually does. Once my heart started beating again there was a knock at the gate, it was Vincent Redfield.

Vincent Redfield: "Fear not my friends, I am here and you are saved."

The squad protecting the outpost was now four strong, so we spread out and got to work on defending Altmere from a multitude of fierce creatures.

Aieeeeee, quick save the handsome mage !

Once the ettin had been vanquished (along with a couple of bandits and the odd headless) the men relaxed a little and began to lighten the atmosphere with some excellent jokes.

Punchline: Humanity.

After we had a good laugh I ordered the men back to their stations. Olchafa was sent down the road to the south to make sure nothing out of the ordinary was occurring. Saladin and Vincent took their places at the gates and we awaited the scout's return. Unfortunately for us his report was a resounding "all clear".

Vincent is informed that he is the greatest man in all Britannia.

By the end of the sentry my logbook looked like this;

• We arrived at the sentry without trouble, a few giant spiders had to be dispatched but aside from that the outpost was untouched.
  • I sent Saladin out to fetch some animal fur with which to reinforce our barricades.
  • Olchafa Serpernt and Vincent Redfield joined the staffing of the outpost.
  • Olchafa enforced the security of the outpost by insisting that Saladin take off his helm before entering.
  • The sentry was defended from an errant ettin.

Since the coast was clear I dismissed the men and we headed back to the barracks to prepare for Rory Munro's training session.

State of the Altmere Outpost: Safe for this day.

*signed neatly in very official handwriting*
Regular Guardsman Kas Valentine[/i].
« Last Edit: February 26, 2006, 12:12:40 am by Kas Valentine » Logged

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length