Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 05:36:23 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Dragoon Trials - Geit Arma - COMPLETE
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Dragoon Trials - Geit Arma - COMPLETE  (Read 2331 times)
Joey Lanai
Dragoon Squad Leader
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

........=IIII=........

View Profile
« on: February 27, 2006, 12:44:15 pm »

Dragoon Trials
Geit Arma

Congratulations on making it into the trial phase, soon enough you'll earn your Neophyte status and begin your training, after you complete the Dragoon Trials ofcourse!

Your Tasks
  • Dragoon's, being the primary assault force of the Army, need to think quick on their feet, sometimes you'll be left to fend for yourself on the battle field when your partner falls, so alas, to prove you can do such a task, i want you to slay a Dragon on your own, bring back the claw of the beast and post a report below as proof of your heroic deed.

• A Dragoon must also be a competant leader, as in some cases you may be required to lead the squad into battle, to prove you are capable you must lead a group of Guardsmen (You and 3 others) to the Orc fort, gather 50 Shadow ore from two Orc Brutes and bring it to me, with this ore we will create your mark of the brotherhood, your Dragoon Shield.
[/s]

• You must attend a cerimony where you will be branded with the mark of the Dragoon, marking your acceptance into the Squad.
[/s]

Goodluck

*Signed*
 - Joey Lanai, Dragoon Corporal
« Last Edit: February 28, 2006, 11:01:26 pm by Arc/Joey » Logged

Arma Renox
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

"What did you say about my hat?!"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2006, 03:48:22 pm »

February 27th 2006, 3:00pm GMT

Hunt for a Dragon

Well, I thought it best to get started...

I got up in the Stronghold, to find blood and bootmarks allover the watchtower. Seems a bit of Scout training had been going on!

I picked up the sheaf of papers at my desk that I had been giving outlining my Trials. The empty echoing of the Stronghold told me no one was about, so I opted to go for the solo task: Dragon Slaying.

Venturing to Destard

I made my way to the Minoc moongate. After consulting the maps in the War Room, I discovered that heading to Skara Brae would take me closest to Destard.
I crossed to the mainland by the means of a kindly ferryman, and made my way to the dungeon entrance.

Making My Way Inside

To my misfortune, a Dragon lay in wait immediately inside the Cave, chewing on the charred remains of the warrior that had come so close to escape before his demise.
His tasty snack drew his attention however, and I managed to land a firm blow to his leg. This seemed to keep him stranded for a while, and I was able to Skirmish the beast. However a few of his smaller cousins soon joined him, and all at once I thought I was finished.
I dispatched the weaker beasts and returned my focus to the dragon. He was bleeding now, a large gash in his neck. I summoned all of the holy might I could muster, swinging my mace and forcing myself to remember all the training and tactics I had recieved.

Slaying the Beast

Finaly, with a great roar, the beast fell. I took a moment, on the verge of collapse, to attend to my greatest wounds. The fire of battle emptying from my veins, I ripped the largest, smoothest claw from the beast with boot knife.

I dragged my weary body slowly back to the Stronghold.
I hope this report is satisfactory.

*a bag is attatched, soaked in blood, containing a large, smooth Dragon's claw*

*signed*

-Geit Arma-

Arma Renox
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

"What did you say about my hat?!"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2006, 11:12:36 pm »

February 27th 2006, 9:30pm GMT

Collecting Shadow Ore / Orc Brute Slaying

Lead by myself, Geit Arma
With
Jonas Ancroft
Kas Valentine
Yue Yan
Gimbly
Olchafa Serpernt

My second trial: assembling a team to free the orcs of some of their resources!

I managed to rally a good sized force at the gates to the Stronghold. I tested their battle cries, trying to send them into a fighting frenzy after an earlier defeat at the hands of Royalists. I inspected their supplies, and decided we were ready to begin.

Rallying the Troops

We reformed again at the entrance to the mountains, and I gave the troops more detailed instructions for what I required, and gave them some battle orders.

We began our assault on the orcish fiends, eliminating the guards at the gate.

Beginning the Assault

The first brute set upon us quickly. They seemed to like whatever scent Jonas was wearing, as they swarmed him and knocked him a few times. But the brave lad picked himself up time after time and we slew the original beast. But it was not long before the second approached us.

Slaying the Brutes

We had the ore I required for my trials, but the troops still needed a lift, some more passion! So I rallied them on to taking down one more brute.

And, as fate should have it, we encountered a fourth as we attempted to make our escape, due to some members of the team being so weighed down with the ore we had gathered.

Enthusiasm Please!

We finaly escaped the fort and made our way back to the Stronghold. I attempted to encourage a bit more speed in the men, so I set them a little... challenge!

Unfortunately, a certain Mr. Valentine lost the race, even without a heavy shield or weapon to carry like the rest of us non-arcanists!

Overall I was proud of the team, we gathered as much ore as we could carry, totalling 79 pieces of ore! More than enough for my trials. We also obtained over 6000 gold pieces for the Army Coffers.

Joey sir, I'll get you the ore as soon as possible.

*signed*

-Geit Arma-

*a note is attached*

Jonas also requested to write a report to help for his promotion. Never one to deny a recruit some work, I allowed him to do so! It should be posted on this board somewhere.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2006, 11:14:22 pm by Geit Arma » Logged

Joey Lanai
Dragoon Squad Leader
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

........=IIII=........

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2006, 11:40:39 am »

Excelent work so far! only the Cerimony to go.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length