Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 10:46:29 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  SoS - Course one completed!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: SoS - Course one completed!  (Read 1961 times)
Jenifer Feather
Cove Command
Covian Legend

The Light Company

View Profile
« on: March 22, 2006, 10:30:10 pm »

Jenifers Outdoor Survival Course - Part One - The Swamp

Led By: Jenifer Feather
Present: Edmund Rufus,
                      Saladin
                      Perun

The guardsmen lined up outside the barracks, expecting their usual training drill, instead today they learnt more than they had expected. Some serious outdoor survival skills were put into motion. These three lucky guardsmen are the first to experiance, Jenifers SoS course. Becoming the first three to achieve the title "Supreme Outdoor Survivalist" getting themselves a nice shiney pin fer their sash if they complete part two.

Part one focused on the swamp, a dangerous terrain as anyone who has ventured in alone will know. I issued the men with their first pack, the swamp survival pack, containing one pair of jenifers special swamp trousers, extra strong swamp boots, kindling, wooden boards and food.

The Kit is issued...

Then we ventured forth to our on site training exercises. To the Altmere swamp we did hike! i taught the men (and woman) how ter build themselves a safe base camp in the swamp as this can also be used as a sentry building if we ever need ter keep an eye on swampy areas.

Base camp is set up...

Taking shape...

After camp was ready i told the men to patrol around the swamp and bring me back two thousand gold crowns from the creatures they slayed. This had a duel purpose, ter get gold fer the scout tower and to show the guardsmen how dangerous the swamp can be, by sticking together the successfully brought me twothousand fourhundred gold coins. A nice hefty sum.

Now the guardsmen knew how to look after themselves when they were awake, but what about if they were stranded at night!? Hoh! Well protecting the camp was the next part, i taught them how to set up food a good distance away from your camp to destract the creatures that come a roaming i nthe night and to light fires around your camp to scare th' creatures off, swamp creatures hate fire.

Night time survival training...

This ended the Swamp training session, it was time to head back, the guardsmen had done me proud, this first batch of SoS should prove to be some of Coves finest.

Signed : Jenifer Feather - Supreme Outdoor Survivalist Commander.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2006, 07:38:23 pm by Jenifer Feather » Logged

Hrothgar
Played by a Icelandic banker
Cove Command
Covian Legend

The Old One

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2006, 10:39:29 pm »

Excellent report Jenifer, and an excellent session ye ran there. We'll need to learn to adapt to the swamp if we are to ever setup fortifications and towers in that region.

Good work!

Signed-
Corporal Hrothgar De'Mar.

Jenifer Feather
Cove Command
Covian Legend

The Light Company

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2006, 07:50:52 pm »

SoS Course part Two - The Desert!

Led By : Jenifer Feather
Present : Edmund Rufus
                       Perun
                       Cor' Ari Ta
                      Thomas Sendrich

After the success of part one of the course it was time for some of the guardsmen to continue their training in the art of outdoor survival! This time joined by Cor' and Tom we ventured off into the desert. After the kit giving of course, a nice pair of sandels and a light weight skirt!

The Kit is given out!..

After that it was shelter building time! I first showed them how to construct the shelter, and then knocked it down and got them to work together to build it from scratch. Tom did not help matters by kicking crates around but i think he was TRYING to help..

Shelter Building...

After this it was time to show them how to get water from the desert, since its a very difficult task. I told them the two ways of getting water, from cacti and by animal trapping. After that i took the men to see one of the great creatures of the sand and explained that if they ever come across one they should leave it well alone because its dangerous!

Water and Sphynx's

This concluded part two of the SoS course and the guardmen who have passed are :

Edmund Rufus : Passed with honors
Perun : Passed with honors

Signed : Jenifer Feather

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length