Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 03, 2024, 09:33:26 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  *In a deserted mine*
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: *In a deserted mine*  (Read 2168 times)
Wispers of Cove
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« on: May 08, 2006, 04:31:01 pm »

How long had I been down here? Days....Weeks....Months? At first I tried to keep count, but as the days had progressed and my supplies diminished I simply stopped caring. I quickly resorted to catching bats and catching dew off the rocks, but as time progressed I got more desperate. The last few days I have resorted to eating slimy things covered in dirt and drinking my own urine. Sure, at first it disgusted me, but sooner or later you just stop caring.

It feels like ages since I was down here. I'm not even sure why I came down here in the first place. At first I thought it was arrogance, thinking I could find the main vein by myself. Lately, I'm starting to believe I was tricked in here by an evil coalition of Yewsmen, Orcs and pixies. Never could stand 'em pixies. Nasty, sparkly little buggers the lot o' them! What I do know is that after the shaft collapsed I haven't been able to find my way back.

It doesn't really matter anymore. Who needs the outside? I'll just found my own kingdom down here! Gwahaha! YES! And you! Mr Spider. You shall be my first subject. Together we will rule the underworld! I will protect you, provide for you, entertain you and.....eat you!

*A bewildered man scurries after a spider into a tunnel*

Wait! Don't go! I won't bite... hard! Come here you nasty little....

*The man stops in his tracks as a single ray of light pierces his eye. His skin seems to shrivel and burn upon contact. Bewildered he keeps blinking as his dirty paws claw at the tiny ray*

Could..... Could it be?
Wispers of Cove
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2006, 05:15:58 pm »

Trancelike the scruffy man keeps staring at the ray of sunlight. Could it really be....sunlight? At first I clawed at it with my hands. It took a while before bruised, and bloodied I paused in my insanity. The rocks did not budge.

Among the few thing I had kept lugging around was my pickaxe. Blunted and rusted it still seemed like a better option then clawing the flesh off my fingers to the bone. I struck and struck at the rockface but just as I thought it was going to budge the iron finally snapped. Iron splinters flew everywhere and a few lodged themselves into my legs and torso. Dirty, sweaty and bloodied I banged with my two fists on the rockwall cursing like a sailor.

Then something snapped, a blind rage took over and I hurled my body at the rocks headfirst! SNAP! Wether it was my head or the rocks that made the sound I don't know, but the wall crumbled. Dazed by the gloomy light I lay on the floor of the cave for what seemed like hours.

I was still staring at the hole I had just crawled out of when I felt a sharp pain in my fingers. Dazed and confused I turned my head only to find a rat licking and biting at my bloodied hand. Once again, the rage set in. I grasped the rat and in one swift motion bit off it's head. I had been eating slimy things that crawl for what seemed like year, a rat seemed like a grand supper. I gnawed at the rat at first, but pretty soon I was breaking off huge chunks and eating it whole. Meat, entrails, skin....even the hair eventually went down leaving nothing but some tiny bones I suckled on for minutes at an end.

Slightly revived after eating the rat I crawled my way to what seemed like the entrance of the cave. It cannot be... did I.....make it out?

Erik Arkay/Evinyatar
Banned for profanity on command forums
Cove Command
Covian Legend

I worship Cabbage

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2006, 02:16:43 pm »

After a long walk Arkay reaches the familiar surroundings of the Covian homelands.

I better get some food into me before my belly has shrivveled away beyond any hope to recover it's former splendour!

Erik's Jaw drops to the floor when he reaches the barracks. They had rebuild the darned thing!

Looks like I'll have to get used to some changes around here! Well, no use sittin' here on me arse. I better go find my spare uniform and a soldier or two to find out what in the name of Avatar has happened here! And more importantly...why noone came looking for their Commander! Yes Mr Spider, left me there, that's what they did! *Twitches*

« Last Edit: May 12, 2006, 02:18:57 pm by Erik Arkay » Logged

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length