Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 02:33:54 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Report: Searching for the Statue of Kahn
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Report: Searching for the Statue of Kahn  (Read 2609 times)
Gregor Eason
« on: February 28, 2005, 04:33:17 am »

An interesting adventure this eve. And as I have some time now.. *looks through the window viewing onto the Barracks Courtyard* and as things are quiet, I'll scribble down a quick report for ye all.

Attendance List: Corporal Arc, Corporal Althalus, Recruit Darath Mithar, Recruit Delcarakdur, Commander Gregor Eason, Recruit John Dell, and Junior Guardsman Ryan Greystone.

Searching for the Statue of Kahn - Sunday Eve
I nay had the privilege of being amidst the patrol that secured the legendary axe of Kahn, and so I ensured that I would be present for Corporal Arc's quest in uncovering the missing Statue of Kahn.

Who is Kahn?
Information is little, other than he was formerly some sort of assassin and bounty hunter. His age is prolonged by some unknown mystery, and it is a question itself as to whether this man is infact a man, and nay a ghost.

The Search
The Search started at the location where Kahn could be found, the sinister libraries of Deceit. Corporal Arc muttered an incantation from a spellbook that revealed the ancient assassin from a gloomy mist. Kahn greeted the Covian force, and spoke with Corporal Arc quickly regarding current affairs. The assassin waved his hands and produced a set of runes with notes for Arc, stating that at each location a special creature must be slain in order to prove the Militia worthy of Kahn's respect, and being rewarded with the precious Statue that they sought.

Unsure of where they would be heading, Corporal Arc converted the etchings on the first rune into a magical portal. The guardsmen charged through the gate and upon arrival at their destination were greeted with the howling of hell hounds, the intense heat of fire elementals, and the dark and sinister laughter of Undead liches; we were in Fire Dungeon.
The sudden surprise of the variety and number of creatures caught the squad off guard, and the Covians had to withdraw. However, on return, the guardsmen managed to control the situation and defeat the opponent that had been noted down by Kahn; an efreet.

From here, Corporal Arc opened the next portal - to which location this lead to, I am unsure... but at once we began engaging several Ogre Lords! Ogre Lords! A fiercesome enemy, of which a great number have invaded the streets of Britain. The guardsmen charged the huge creatures, and made easy work of them - defeating the next creature on Kahn's list.

Travelling to the next location, the Covians found themselves struck by a sudden biting chill that ran straight through their armor. Some unknown cold dungeon they were in, and it was soon evident what they needed to slay; an ice fiend.

Stepping through the next portal, Corporal Arc and the Covian guardsmen found themselves outside the Lich Throne Room of Covetous; and upon entering were tasked with the objective of defending the grand throne inside the main room.

Successful in this mission, the Covians then travelled through a portal to their final destination, their final test, their final battle...
They had been pitted against an Ancient Wyrm. The battle lasted for an age. The Covians fell, got up again, fell some more, and got up some more. It was a hard battle, with Covians using "lance" tactics to hit and run at the ancient beast. Their Courage and their strength prevailed, and, after great length, the final test of Kahn was conquered.

The tasks had been completed. Tired and weary, the Covian force returned to where they had encountered Kahn. Upon repeating the incantation again, Arc revealed the ancient assassin; who complemented the guardsmen, and presented the relic they had been fighting for, the Statue of Kahn.

A special commendation to Corporal Arc for this most excellent adventure!
Commander Eason
« Last Edit: May 22, 2005, 03:23:21 am by Gregor Eason » Logged
Joey Lanai
Dragoon Squad Leader
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

........=IIII=........

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2005, 03:11:59 pm »

Searching for the Statue of Kahn

The time had finally come, to claim the statue and move onto finding out more about Kahn and his brother Kalo.

I arrived at the barracks, everyone was ready to go, turns out i was.. a bit late but never the less, we pulled it together and set off to the one place we know is linked to Kahn, the very same place we found the Axe of Kahn, the dungeon Deceit.

We arrived at the snowy isle through a moongate and entered the darkened cave, we then entered the library and found an old brazier, a word of warning could be heard on the air as we entered the room, but no-one thought anything of it, until a mist filled the room and a demon appeared out of nowhere, "this must be the trial i read about" i thought, as we slay the beast.

I moved forward to the brazier and began to utter the chants written in the book, and before we knew it, we were faced with the Spirit of the Bounty hunter Kahn, he spoke of the Orcish attack on Cove, and about several things... until i asked him for the artifact, the spirit smirked and said we had trials to complete before we were alowd to hold the ancient statue, it then moved its ghostly hands and 5 runes appeared in my hand along with an ancient scripture of the several targets we had to face in order to earn his respect, and claim the statue..

Trial one, The Efreet

We entered the first moongate and appeared in the middle of the dungeon of
Fire, several liches attacked us from all angles, firey wolves attacked from the
firey crypts, and amongst the evil rabble was an Efreet, the most deadly of the
firey beasts waiting to strike.

We were all thrown around like rag dolls by the beasts evil magics, but alas
some of us managed to get to our feet and take down the beasts, one by one,
i on the other hand was left in a cavern, just me and the firey demon. My arcane
knowledge of icy spells was enough to defeat the beast, we then gatherd the
patrol and set off to our next trial.

Trial Two, The Ogre Lords

We entered the second gate and found ourselves at the mouth of a bridge,
heading onto a small island dominated by three giant ogres, the Ogre Lords !

We crossed the bridge and were swamped by the three beasts, a few of us
fell but the ogres were no match for us and were defeated quickly.

Trial Three, The Ice Fiend

We entered the next moongate and found we were standing in a chilly room
in the centre of what looked like a bloody pentagram, nothing was in sight
except for a few chests and old beds. We searched the area and there was
no sign of the icy beast, until we headed towards the exit and an icey brease
was felt, the beast then appeared before us, blocking the exit.

We battled the beast, many of us shivering from the extreme cold the demon
gave off, sweat turned to frost within a few seconds and soon, the best was dead,
we then gatyhered our things and headed to the next trial.

Trial Four, The Liches Crypt

We entered the halls of the crypt, voices could be heard on the wind, warning us
not to venture forward, but we pushed on through the first corridoor and into the
throne room...

Before we knew it we were surrounded by liches, they threw their evil spells at us
trying to defeat the Covian force, but they were not enough for us, we held our
ground at the entrance and defeated the rabble of liches, though our task was not
complete, we had to secure the throne long enough for me to chant an ancient scripture
in the name of Kahn which took several minutes, our patrol was strong enough to manage
to protect me until i ahd finished the chant and we moved onto out next trial.

Final Trial, The Ancient Wyrms Lair

We entered the final gate and were met with a lava pit and a huge cave, roars and loud
thuds could be heard from around the corner ahead of us, men trembled as we marched
as quietly as possible to the den of the Wyrm, though we had missed one of the wyrms
underlings which had spotted us, the small beast fell quickly, but as it hit the floor it had
atracted the attention of its mother.

The angered wyrm came at us, hurling balls of fire and evil cursings, followed by three of its
underlings, we held our ground for a while but it wasnt long before the beast managed to
fell nearly every one of us, it then roared with anger, rocks fell from the cavern roof as it
stomped through the cave, after some time the men came to and charged the beast again,
this time using hit and run tactics to weaken the beast, but every time it almost fell, the
beasts wounds would seal themselves and it would be even stronger.

The fight wore on for a while longer, each of us hacking and blasting the beast with all we
had, but it just wouldnt die !, in the end it took many strikes to the under belly of the beast
to make it stumble and them a swift bolt to the head to fell the beast, Victory to Cove !

We then returned to the spot where we met the Spirit and he greeted us once again, he was
surprised we were still alive but soon after presented us with our reward.

---------------------------

Guardsmen in Attendance

Commander, Gregor Eason
Corporal, Althalus
Corporal, Arc
Junior Guardsman, Ryan Greystone
Recruit, Darath Mithar
Recruit, Delcarakdur
Reacruit, John Dell

Loot

Gold, 10000+
The Statue of Kahn (Artifact)

---------------------------
*Signed*
 - Arc

Joey Lanai
Dragoon Squad Leader
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

........=IIII=........

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2005, 03:56:30 pm »

(OOC: Comments welcomed people, post away !)

Locke DaOrt
Cuts Elves limbs off (Dell does too!)
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2005, 07:03:26 pm »

what do they actully do?

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length