Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 06:38:53 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Training at the Barracks
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Training at the Barracks  (Read 1672 times)
Darwin
Citizen of Cove
Covian Regular

View Profile
« on: July 14, 2006, 02:39:33 pm »

Another day of standing around outside the barrack, three dragoons standing around looking fearsome as always. Along with some new recruit fella and some Senior called Arc, scary bloke that one. Anyway, halfway throught an akward silence Nich decided to break it by ordering us to the roof. Once up there he lined us all up in the arena, explaining what we were supposed to do, training. Ahh, my chance to prove my skills i thought, beaming slightly to myself.

Nich glances us all over, splitting us up in to two teams, Hoagie and Vince versus Arc, myself and another recruit. Peering at the other team, then my own i tensed slightly at the thought that i may have to play a big part now. I couldn't enterily rely on the Senior now could i? Of course not, it was time to show my skills, and hopefully impress atleast the other recruit. The rules were simple, our team were suppose to defend ourself without using our weapons, meaning we would need outstanding healing. Lifting my gaze up before the start i faced two grim Dragoons, and knowing what theese blokes could do i decided to merely keep a straight face and not say anything inappropiate. Nich started the countdown, 3.. 2.. 1.. and they set of, charging at us much like coyotes that haven't eaten in days. Luckily for me, Seamus was their target, i truly felt for him.. it took barely 3 seconds before the poor boy had fallen to the ground. Now it was our turn to attack, a mission impossible to anyone i would have thought, knowing the Dragoons were likely to be the best team workers in Sosaria currently. However, that was before i had seen Arc fight.

While he glanced at me, penetrating me with his cold stare, i could feel myself getting stronger, i lifted my normally quite heavy shield with ease, and my mace was like a feather in my hand. The countdown had begun yet again, i gripped my mace firmly.. 3.. 2.. 1.. suddenly flames and lightnings bursted out from Arc's palms, and shocked as i were, i was like paralyzed.. i merely stood there staring at him, unable to fight or move at all. It was like nothing i had ever seen before. But after snapping out of the dreamlike trance i was in, i was back in reality, turning toward the dragoons and charged, swinging my mace like a madman. And after what felt like hours of fighting, one dragoon finally fell, and the sweet taste of victory filled me up.

The training continued with other excersises, a pair fight being one of them. For obvious reasons Arc seemed to win no matter what team mate he had, bastard and his wytchery, hm. However, after this excersise it was time to round thing of with a last man standing. Spreading out in the arena we all seemed eager to win. Glancing around slowly, eyeballing my opponents i found nobody meeting my eyes, was i to be left alone in the start? Hrm, perhaps perhaps. And yes, so was the case, after countdown everyone started to chase random targets, people falling at my left and right. Grunting slightly at not getting challenged i set out to aid Arc who had become brutally outnumbered. The dragoons were out after him, i mannaged to pick out one of them and Arc the other, and before i knew it it was me versus him in the final. Gulping slightly i decided to keep my head up high, i wouldn't allow myself to fall that easy, i was definatly going to give him a challenge. Storming at him with my mace i started getting mixed feelings, i got sick, i was burned, i lost my breath plenty of times.. but for unknown reasons i shocked everyone by bringing Arc down, becoming the winner myself. Glancing around, i heard the crowd cheer and i could still not believe it myself, i'd won the first free for all i had ever been in. Not a bad start at all.

'

Leading Guard:
Nicholi Ravnthorn

Attending Guards:

Senior Guardsman, Arc
Junior Dragoon, Vincent Redfield
Junior Dragoon, Hoagie
Guardsman recruit, Seamus Mchain
Guardsman recruit, Darwin (Myself)

Signed ~ Darwin
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »