Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 04:39:28 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  To the Scouts - Task sheet.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: To the Scouts - Task sheet.  (Read 4001 times)
Jenifer Feather
Cove Command
Covian Legend

The Light Company

View Profile
« on: July 19, 2006, 12:13:15 am »

Right! You lazeh sods!! I'm going ter spend some time in a deep dark dungeon killing things ter make myself stronger!.. Now... i know you didn't think that was possible! But i assure you.. it is. Now.. Chaff's will of course be looking after you... wont you Chaffs!? So... I've got a lovely gift wrapped task fer each and every one of you! They all follow the same structure.. getting ME the infomation i want about some towns!

Chaffers

Ahh, Chaffers.. Theres this place i've heard of... never seen it thoough... an island i beleive... called... Skara Brae.. I want you to go there and proved me with..
>Sketches o' the towns main buildings
>Infomation on their Militia.. if they have one.
>Currency
>Apparnt wealth (they rich looking folk of poor?)
>Is the place well defended

I want to see a report in here. Do this alone. Nay let anyone see you unless your disguised!

Mela

Now.. I've heard some town names... Luna and Umbra. I've heard theres something good about one... and evil from the other.. and i've got a damn good idea which way around from the names but i need facts!! I want you to locate these towns and i want to see sketches of them and a report on what goes on in each town... whose the damn evil ones!

I want to see a report in here. Do this alone. Nay let anyone see you unless your disguised!

Perun

Newly joined.... havn't shacken yer tail feathers yet girl!! Prove your worth! I want you to go far far far away... Ter a land i did some studying of and made a map, to Tokuno. Find any cities that you can and i want to see..
>Sketches of the main areas
>Infomation on language spoken and currency
>Infomation on their fighting.. anything we could learn from them?

Edmund Rufus

Havn't seen you for many moons lad... but im sure your still alive! Now git yer ass to Ilshnar... Mela had a mishap in a town there.. full of... cat people... i don't trust this place... so i want you to go there.. and make some sketches of these people and their building.. observe their lifestye... learn anytihng you can about them!

Valiro

Something feels odd about writing your name under orders, but it must be done! I have not seen Stonekeep for many a moon... I am sure they have made some changes in fortification.. So im sending you on the most dangerous mission of the lot. Go there and bring back as much infomation as you can! You know the drill! Sketches, infomation on their defenses and what not! Good luck!

Kelly

Ahar! Lass! Bet yer didn't think youd see your name here! Well... Yer not yet a Scout... but yer damn close and yer my apprentice! So im setting you a task also! I want you to sneak to the town of Dulucia... I beleive they are a rural community and may therefore be able to supply alot of leather for our damn uniforms!! So... go there and get me..
>Sketches of the main buildings
>Infomation on agriculture
>Bring back some hides to sample.. if you can.

Now my friends! Good luck! Goodbye for some time... i hope to return to some interesting documents.

Signed : Jenifer Feather

[OOC]: Im on holiday in Amsterdam for a bit.. hope this keeps you entertained ^.^      Dave[/OOC]

Perun
Covian Guardsman
Covian Citizen

*smiles evily*

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2006, 07:46:25 pm »

Perun's Tokuno Expedition

Makoto Jima

I started my information gathering on the central island of Makoto Jima. The main settlement Zento is a huge centre of trade and commerce boasting all the amenities of any major settlement in our lands: bank, provisioner, weaponsmith, tailor, inn etc. etc.

The place seems to be full of warriors mainly split into two groups the Samuari and the Ninja. Now the Samuari are alleged to be an honourable warrior not unlike a Paladin, while Ninjas are sneaky buggers like ourselves Ma'am. I think Chaffers may have studied the Ninja a little - it seems than can vanish with a puff of smoke! We may need to investigate them further.

In this settlement alone there were several weaponsmiths and "Dojos" which are centres for warrior training - If this place is anything to go by an army could be raised, trained, fed and equiped in no time.

The bank was small by Sosarian standards and the currency dealt in is similar to our own and they all seem to be able to speak in our tongue ,while their language is as foolish as elven speak. Also I know not what god they pay homage to but shrines exist.

Isamu Jima

Nothing much to report from this island. An apparently deserted citadel with a huge potted tree outside. I thought these people liked minature trees? I came across more shrines, avatarian or heathen i know not.

There does some to be a huge pest problem on this island though. The woods are infested with bugs and lizardmen. Yet another dojo is located here - The Fan Dancer Dojo. I stayed in the shadows as it looked a gruesome den indeed. It was surrounded by ronin - bandits and them sneaky ninja fellas.

Homare Jima

More shrines and a Bushido Dojo for the Samurai can be found on the northern part of this island while to the south there is a large mining operation presumably to supply ore to all the weaponsmiths in Makoto Jima.

I hope this information is of use to the Baronship Ma'am.

In my opinion these islands house a sleeping giant in military terms.

Perun, Junior Scout.

Tweeso Pebble
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2006, 02:21:46 pm »

Stonekeep
The fair Town of Stonekeep is built of .. Stone. Her fortification is heavy and is hard to break. Luckily the stone makes it harder for them make hidden passages.
They easily defend it from attacks from North and South. The best oppertunity for us Scouts are the Sides. The walls can easily be destructed there to make a hidden passage through to the defenders.

Stonekeep seems currently fairly populated.

The Citadel
The Citadel is in our language , their Barracks.

A Map from Yew to Stonekeep
I thought it was abit thin , about the Fortification. So I'd made you a lil' bonus and had myself some fun mapping their lands.

Rumors
I've heard that a certain family within the Guardsmen calling themselves "D'gars" are having somekind relations with or against the Guardsmen.

*Signed*
Senior Scout Valiro Gyrphonclaw
Cove Army
Kelly Sanderson
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

By Jove and Sheeshy McGee!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2006, 02:47:19 pm »

Information on Delucia

I looked up on how to get to Delucia on foot in one of Valiro's old books. I followed the directions that were shown in his book, and it was a long walk. I got there eventually, after sneaking my way past all the orphidians in Papua, and traipsing all the way along the winding roads with terrible terrain, to Delucia.
This town seemed to be made up of stores for resources and places to make resources. I made sketches of all the relevant buildings. All apart from the healers, which was being invaded by cows, sheep and bulls. The place where patients were meant to be staying consisted of lumps of hides dropped upon the floor and very uncomfortable looking hammacks, which were also being gnawed on by cows and bulls. Everywhere I went, I was surrounded by cows.

As I took a larger sneak around the place, I realised the huge amount of cows in this place. And the size of them, too. I don't know what they're feeding them, but they are HUGE. And the bulls are even bigger! The main priority in this place is definately wool and leather.

The crops are also on a larger scale of large. They had more than their fair share of turnips, cabbages and wheat to say that there didn't seem to be many mouths to feed. However, some parts of this town were clean and pleasant, wheras other sections seemed derelict and decayed. The "Barely Inn", for example. Someone desperately needs to patch that place up. The amount of farmers to control these cattle was sufficient, and they appeared to be getting the job done well. The standard of leather and wool nevertheless is worth using for our Covian Uniforms. It is very high standard and they lots of it! More than plenty to go around. The only problem getting there would be the walk, if anyone was planning on walking there. And the ophidians in Papua weren't a small bunch, either.

I hope this is enough information Jen Ma'am.

Signed: Kelly Sanderson. Junior Guardsman.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2006, 11:51:40 pm by Kelly Sanderson » Logged

John Dell:
My ultimate aim is to nag someone to the brink of total blindness and hate that they kill me.

John Dell:
It's for me like for you and pies; if one is staring you in the face you just can't leave it alone.
Mela Arkay
'Must be stopped'
The Light Company
Covian Legend

<3 PooSwallower

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2006, 05:48:55 pm »

Task:
Now.. I've heard some town names... Luna and Umbra. I've heard theres something good about one... and evil from the other.. and i've got a damn good idea which way around from the names but i need facts!! I want you to locate these towns and i want to see sketches of them and a report on what goes on in each town... whose the damn evil ones!

Luna

Fact. Luna is home to many paladins and what they call holy mages which are mages which focus more on healing and curing.

Fact. Luna is a very yellow city.

Fact. Tailors, Provisioners, Blacksmiths, Mage shop and carpenters are squashed around the bank!

Fact. On the second floor above the shops and the bank is a meeting room centered with a white throne.

Fact. On the second floor there is also an inn called "Paladins Stopover" as well as what looks like a private quarter's for some one important, which has a table with two swords on and a trophy of a dragons head on the wall.

Fact. The Keepers of Chivalry live in Luna and to learn how to use it you must travel to Luna.

Fact. In luna there is a hidden vault called "The Vault of secrets" legend has it that if you are wicked you may not enter the secret vault. Which apparently I am wicked for I was sadly unable to enter.

Fact. From what I could see in the vault there was necromancy scrolls being contained leading to the conclusion that Luna is not the evil place

Umbra

Fact. Umbra..people don't look at all friendly. Infact their skin is terribly pale and their hair is white as snow. The clothes they wear are always dark.

Fact. The trees around umbra are all dead and look to be charred. Except the odd few which look unhealthy or are surrounded by over sized mushrooms. There is barely any grass or pavings and again the only grass is either dead or dying.

Fact. Around the town of umbra there is a drop down into what looks like stars.

Fact. Around the town of umbra there are a collection of skulls in different places seemingly as decoration to match the glum dark walled buildings.

Fact. There is a random skull covered alter down the south-east end of Umbra.

Fact. By the bone covered alter is a broken moongate which goes to no where!

Fact.
Umbra is the town of Necromancy

Fact. There is an ancient necromancer teacher named Mardoth who lives and teaches there

Fact. If you travel across the east umbra bridge and keep traveling east you will come to the most dangerous dungeon, Doom.

Conclusion

I have infact come to the conclusion that luna Umbra is the evil town Jen and Luna is the..not so evil one as Luna is home to the paladins.

*Signed*

Mela

(OOC: Sorry if this isn't the report style you wanted!)

Leofwin Edmundson
Covian Guardsman
Covian Citizen

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2006, 04:30:15 pm »

Report on the Cat People of Ilshenar

The easiest route is by the Sacrifice moongate. From here I travelled North toward the town keeping myself hidden and moving in the shadows.

Approaching the town you first pass through an orchard. This is tended by two human women although from their conversations they are worried for their safety from a variety of other inhabitants of this land. From them I learned that the Cat People are known as the Meer.
I explored the town thoroughly and plotted out a map which is shown below.

All of the buildings appear abandoned and in decay. It is clear to me that the Meer are not the builders or original inhabitants of this place. In one building I found a tattered journal which I copied as best as I could. I believe this indicates that the original occupants of this town were human.

The Meer themselves appear to be divided into four classes. I have sketched them below:

The first are well armoured and would appear to a be warriors, the second wear no armour so may be ordinary citizens or practiced in magic arts, the third are also armoured but more lightly and the armour is clearly of higher quality than the warriors. The last, large cloaked beasts are clearly the most dangerous. They bristle with magical energy and, as one walked past my hiding place, I could feel myself weaken as if the life were being drawn out of me.

None of the Meer appear openly aggressive but I would not like to see them provoked.

Signed
Edmund Rufus
Junior Scout
Olchafa Serpernt
Covian Guardsman
Covian Regular

*Mutters*

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2006, 03:05:09 pm »

Chaffers Scouting mission!

To get to Skara i tried shouting at an abandoned boat to get me to cross. When i realised this wouldn't work i  sunk onto a transport boat used to ferry people across the sea.

Once i had arrived i began to search the down and spot the key buildings. There were many houses and shops in Skara so i just noted down the main buildings.

After much searching ans snooping i found absolutely no militia at all. Seeing as Skara is a bustling trade town this surprised me alot.

I could not steal myself any money from the bank because of all the guards around but outside there were many stones on the ground, i naturally assume that this is the currency of the local people

As i searched the town i also took not of the people. Mostly they were traders on the streets, people who cannot be classed as rich or poor but as i continued to the north of the town (by the bank) the look of people around went up alot. During my search i did stumble across a thief who tried to mug me! Of course i delt with him in the proper way...

Skaras best defence is the fact that it is surrounded by water. A land invasion would be very impossible (unless the entire army is up for a swim). I noted four points where we could cross.

1. The first location is the crossing from the small island to the north west. This may take a wile but with the small island all to ourselves it would be a great place to group up all our force and camp there until the time is right for the invasion.

2. Enter from the north. A quick spot to cross the seas BUT seems like an obvious position to cross from and so that side of the island would be heavily defended (if a militia came to defend).

3. The most obvious and fastest crossing spot but with that the most defended. The docks are very small and so our force would be pushed into a tight area leaving us venerable to attacks.

4. We set sail from right down the coast and boat it up to the south west part of the island. This would not be expected at all and we should have the advantage of a surprise attack.

*Signed Olchafa Serpernt*
Jenifer Feather
Cove Command
Covian Legend

The Light Company

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2006, 11:06:25 pm »

Ah my Scouts! You never cease to amaze me! Each of you has performed perfectly! I congratulate you all and shall reward you as soon as i've sorted these papers out!

Signed : Jenifer Feather

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length