Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 02, 2024, 02:47:12 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  A Scout Outpost - Minoc/Vesper Crossroads.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: A Scout Outpost - Minoc/Vesper Crossroads.  (Read 2220 times)
Salick Kaysen
Scout Recruit
Covian Guardsman
Covian Citizen

View Profile
« on: August 22, 2006, 11:03:39 am »

Being a scout recruit, im always looking for ways to impress dedicate my life to the scouts. During the recent Minoc campaigns, ive thought that as defenders of the Minoc/Vesper area, we should really have an outpost in the area to keep an eye on the roads, and look out for loyalists.

Such a structure would do no good if it was obvious to the eye however, and so the idea for the scout lookout was born. The lookout would combine a small concealed camp with a hide, concealed in the trees next to the road, with a similarly covered path from camp to hide. In this way, the road can be observed with noone walking the road noticing.

I started by setting up the hide in a collection of trees next to the road, at a location i had decided would be best for the purpose - right next to the Minoc/Vesper crossroads. After some problems with the local snake population, the lookout was well on its way.

Using branch-lattices woven with leaves and branches, the entire hide was concealed, until it was near invisible from the road. A concealed path was set up which lead back the camp. A simple place for the scouts on duty to rest when it is not their shift. A log book was included so that reports can be made as to acvitity on the road.

I hope in the future to set up scout outposts all around the local area, up towards altmere, and even up to the Yew border, to gather intelligence on our foes.

Attending Guardsmen -
Salick Kaysen - Leader and Builder
Hoagie - Spectator - Helped build a bit
Teagan Trix - Entertainer
Amy - Guardsman Recruit
Kelly - Junior Scout

- Signed Salick Kaysen

A fair fight? Thats just one where theres a 50/50 chance youll LOSE. Would you bet your life on the flip of a coin?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length