Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 03, 2024, 05:38:28 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  OOC Boards
| |-+  OOC Board (Moderators: Kelly Sanderson, Hoagie)
| | |-+  Cove needs Orcs!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Poll
Question: Would you be interrested in roleplaying an Orc?
Yes, I'd absolutely love it!
Yes, but only to play that character casually and when I feel like it.
Well, if I have to make an Orc to increase actvity, sure, just don't expect too much of it.
Not really my thing.
I'd rather play another evil race, such as an undead.
I absolutely despise orcs, hate them, would never even dream of playing one, EVER! *has a fit*

Author Topic: Cove needs Orcs!  (Read 3969 times)
Kazuo Shinrai
« on: August 23, 2006, 03:02:04 pm »

Cove without the occasional orc pestering the local population would not be Cove, right?

Well, here is my idea to make that happen!
Why not have people be able to sign up on the BoC stone and apply for the Orc title?

Orc Hierachy

[Orc Warchief] - the orc in command (to bash other orcs when they step out of line), this would be a special rank. In the orc hierachy it is survival of the fittest. Any orc raider may challenge the warchief to a duel. In a 2 out of 3 duel (without interruption) a raider can try to take the claim of Warchief. Inactivity may eventualy cause the Warchief rank to go to the most active Raider at that time.

[Orc Raider] - orcs who have received some renown among the orcs for being a proper pest to the people of Cove (these would be the more active orcs). Only Raiders can eventually earn the Warchief title.

[Orc] - generic orc type, the kind of orc that likes to be a nuissance to humans. It generally takes only a few raids and a little reputation to make it up to Raider (this is also a trial phase).

Rules when playing an orc :
- wear an orc mask at ALL times
- always stay in character as an orc
- you cannot participate in guild events
- if you get knocked, you retreat to the orc camp (and cannot re-enter Covian territory for 2 hours)

Rules for creating an orc :
- only warrior skills allowed
- no magical skill of any kind (including resisting spells/chivalry/bushido/etc.)
- armour and weapons must be made of either iron, dull copper or shadow ore

And here is an additional rule, orcs can loot!
- up to 250 gold at any time
- bandages, food and gems
- any non-exceptional craftable items
- these limits also apply to the stealing skill

All in all, having orcs in Cove would add an additional sense of danger and living things up a bit more in Cove. Anyone can apply as long as they are willing to dedicate a character to the cause and stick to the rules. Playing an orc can be nice to kill some dull moments if you have little else to do. It can occasionally be an event type thing (i.e. raid) but usually not much will be organized, making this a low maintenance system.
Kazuo Shinrai
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2006, 03:09:06 pm »

One of the first comments I got when someone read this was that this has been tried before and there were not enough alts. Well, I should remind you that we could go CoRE wide with this. Anyone could like to have a character which they can log on with and blow of some steam, just some casual roleplay as an orc.

(and hey, conveniently this would have more people come to see what BoC is all about)
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2006, 03:11:40 pm »

Sounds like an interesting concept (although i dont have space for an orc character).

Would certainly liven up gate sentries Wink

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Darath Mithar
Grunter Extrodinare
Cove Command
Covian Legend

*Grunts*

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2006, 03:14:26 pm »

Not sure how much things have changed but:

http://cove.fantasyworld.nl/forum/index.php/topic,3850.msg37139.html#msg37139

Kazuo Shinrai
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2006, 03:16:22 pm »

Pfsch, trying to steal my idea eh?!
Darath Mithar
Grunter Extrodinare
Cove Command
Covian Legend

*Grunts*

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2006, 03:22:42 pm »

Just drawing attention to the comments regarding it!

Honest!

Samuel West
Regular
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

Beasting will continue untill morale improves!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2006, 03:44:40 pm »

Tried before....

Hrothgar
Played by a Icelandic banker
Cove Command
Covian Legend

The Old One

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2006, 04:25:04 pm »

Indeed, The Bloodeye Orcs were setup a while ago by yours truly with exactly those intentions. To create a more exciting life for the guardsmen and put a little danger into Covian citizenry. Unfortunately this idea recieved very little interest from members, sure there were many who wanted to fight Orcs and encounter them but too few were any interested in creating an actual Orc.

Hell as i recall only me, Oct and Shadwell were bothered to create orcs. So eventually the concept just faded away.

Perhaps in the near future Command may consider reviving the Tribe, but as for now we'll have to settle for NPC's.

Garak Nightchill
The Light Company
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2006, 10:16:33 pm »

I have an RP orc on Lake Superior called Bogroll, unfortunatly he's a mage (orc shaman) which kinds makes it pointless to move him over. 

Always had fun playing him though. 
Gregor Eason
Cove Command
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2006, 12:26:24 pm »

HEY!
Don't give it away, Sendrich!
*slap*

;d

Garak: "Uh, I was under the impression we didn't allow neon hair?"
Grief: "I was under the impression we didn't allow hair at all!?"
Devlin
Sailing the Veety Sea
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2006, 01:00:55 pm »

My advice is that if you want to have orcs plaguing Cove, make a separate guildstone for them. From past experience, things run from subguilds of existing guilds NEVER last longer than a week.

I don't know what the reason is for that, but I don't think you can seriously have enemies of Cove on the same guildstone.

Create a new guild for the orcs, it's only 25k and will probably increase the orcs' chances of surviving longer than 2 weeks - it might be said that it's easier to start up within an existing guild, but its confusing, and I think the guildchat between orcs and humans would make the IC attacks seem a lot less credible.

If you want to play orcs, my advise is to start a new guildstone and be based in the woods between Cove and Vesper - that way you can attack both of us *Grins* And the woods between Vesper and Cove will be hopefully dangerous to traverse =)

Good luck with it whatever you decide to do!!

Samuel West
Regular
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

Beasting will continue untill morale improves!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2006, 02:46:08 pm »

Bah!

John Dell
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2006, 02:54:04 pm »

My advice is that if you want to have orcs plaguing Cove, make a separate guildstone for them. From past experience, things run from subguilds of existing guilds NEVER last longer than a week.

I don't know what the reason is for that, but I don't think you can seriously have enemies of Cove on the same guildstone.

Create a new guild for the orcs, it's only 25k and will probably increase the orcs' chances of surviving longer than 2 weeks - it might be said that it's easier to start up within an existing guild, but its confusing, and I think the guildchat between orcs and humans would make the IC attacks seem a lot less credible.

If you want to play orcs, my advise is to start a new guildstone and be based in the woods between Cove and Vesper - that way you can attack both of us *Grins* And the woods between Vesper and Cove will be hopefully dangerous to traverse =)

Good luck with it whatever you decide to do!!

I like that idea!

However. Wasn't there a sub guild created for something opposing cove before? Altmere? No I don't remember, but there was something and that folded faster then you can count too.. folded but in numbers *nod*

But, I'd help if I had the time. The orc sub guild on a diff stone.

"Technological progress is like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal."

Oct sayeth  (19:47):
We need more Swedes.
Oct sayeth  (19:47):
"I was stabbed."
Oct sayeth (19:47):
"But I will hold this in and carry on."

First Story       --->      Smiley
Second story --->      Undecided
Third Story     --->     Sad
Hrothgar
Cove Command
Covian Legend

The Old One

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2006, 03:04:39 pm »

The other sub-guild was called "House Falconberg" or something similar.. It folded due to lack of interest...

Hrothgar
Cove Command
Covian Legend

The Old One

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2006, 05:11:05 pm »

Oh and Devlin.. do you forget the fact that BoC used to be a sub-guild of -V-.. Cheesy

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length