Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 10:23:13 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  Guardsman Boards
| |-+  Light Company Board
| | |-+  Scout Archives (Moderator: Linaeus)
| | | |-+  Light Company: Weekly Training Reports.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Light Company: Weekly Training Reports.  (Read 7435 times)
Mela Arkay
'Must be stopped'
The Light Company
Covian Legend

<3 PooSwallower

View Profile
« on: September 20, 2006, 07:59:11 pm »

Greetings fellow scouts!
Underneath here stick your reports from the weekly Monday training's. Please try to use the template drawn up below.

Training Lead by: (Training leaders name goes here)

Attendees: (Names go down in a list with their rank)

Training Topic: (Training topic goes here.)

What happened: (Write the rest of the report here with paintings)

Mela.E.Arkay
« Last Edit: December 24, 2010, 10:53:52 pm by Keane Wakefield » Logged

Perun
Covian Guardsman
Covian Citizen

*smiles evily*

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2006, 09:06:10 pm »

Training Led By:
Mela, Officer Cadet.

Attended by:
Valiro, Senior Scout, Kal ShadowHand, Retired Scout, Perun Junior Scout, Edmund Rufus, Junior Scout.

Training Topic:
Leading Scouts In Battle

Mela sat Kal and me at the table and gave us each a book in which to take notes, Valiro and Edmund joined us mid training... Or was Valiro in the shadows the whole time???

Mela explained what the Light Company's role in battle is and what should be expected of it's leader.

We act independantly of the main force and our officers are expected to give us clear and constant orders using hand signals as we attempt to stay hidden.

The officer leading will call a target usually a wytch or archer and with a combination of attacks... pinning bandages, stunning them with blows to the head, slashing flesh wounds and poisoning etc. we take them down.

Officer Cadet Mela in full flow.

If things don't go to plan then we are called back to the shadows to heal and regroup before our next attack. If there is little cover in which to hide there are certain potions which can be drank to aid in being hidden.

Perun's notes.

That concluded the training. I hope I covered everything it seems a long time since i studied as a child in Luna.

Perun, Junior Scout.

Kelly Sanderson
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

By Jove and Sheeshy McGee!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2006, 08:42:22 pm »

Training session led by.. Mela Arkay!
22/10

Attendees:
Kelly (Junior)
Perun (Junior)
Kal (Regular)

Training Topic: Different types of Field healing.

Mela led a training on the roof/"arena". She landed the report on me all because i nodded inappropriately. But oh well!

I made some sketches of Mela herself, giving us a grand talk about methods of healing whilst running from Yewians. Kal made some good points, as well as Perun.

Then she randomly stated that we should go to Stonekeep. I don't actually know why, but we learnt.. Nothing, seeing as our enemy were out actually FIGHTING undead. Yes, that's it. Our enemy- FIGHTING. Get that. Anyway. Yes, no-one was there, so it wasn't much of a lesson. The healing tips came in handy, and the other useful facts. But so far as Stonekeep went, that was an unlucky failure.

Nothing much more to report.

Signed: Kelly Sanderson, Junior Scout.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2006, 09:15:56 pm by Mela Arkay » Logged

John Dell:
My ultimate aim is to nag someone to the brink of total blindness and hate that they kill me.

John Dell:
It's for me like for you and pies; if one is staring you in the face you just can't leave it alone.
Garak Nightchill
The Light Company
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2006, 07:47:43 pm »

Training Session: 19th October

Led by Mela Arkay, Corporal

Attended by:

Kal ShadowHand, Regular Scout
Garak Nightchill, Junior Scout

Training Topic: Disguises

This session involved a recap on disguises.  Mela ran through various ideas, such as constructing a convincing character, dressing the part and playing the part.  In particular she offered ideas on those of us with elvish characteristics on how to mask them when spying on the Yewians.

Signed,

Garak Nightchill
Junior Scout
Mela Arkay
'Must be stopped'
The Light Company
Covian Legend

<3 PooSwallower

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2007, 02:44:05 pm »

In attendence:
Mela Arkay, Scout Sergeant (Leading)
Dalamar, Junior Scout
Kelly, Regular Scout
Garand, Junior Scout
Smudrud, Watchman (Aspiring Scout)

Me's heard rumours of the scout training takin place this eve, so me's asked Mela.
Mela confirmed this, and me's met up at the training.
So me's went to me's very first scout training.
First we's discussed a bit of weak points at heavy armours, and so on.
Then Mela ordered us to Line Up. The order sounded that we were supposed to enter Covian town, the sneaky way.
Outside the gates of Cove City all of us glided into the shadows, and Mela whispered us to enter the city, and head for the fields.
A little away from the field, all of us lined up again, and Mela told us of the plan and target.

She's had information confiming a grenadier training on the fields, and the scouts plan were to check, whether "The Greatest Soldiers of The Covian Army", were on the alert, and could handle a surprise attack.
We's agreed on the targets to take down first, Vince Valentine and Marcus.
The signal for the attack, would be when the grenadiers shouted "For Cove"
When Mela were finished asking everyone to confirm the targets, we's all armed up and dissappeared into the shadows.
The very moment Vince shouted "For Cove", he laid unconsious on the ground.
After another ten seconds, Marcus were knocked down as well.
The socalled "bodyguard of the baron" were all panicing, and the four scouts and me's took out the grenadiers quite quick, in spite of being outnumbered.

Raiden and the other grenadiers felt embarrased, and wanted revenge.
Mela agreed of anothe round, and we followed the same tactics.
This time, the grenadiers knew we's would strike, and when the attack came, they took us down quiet easy.
Raiden wanted one final round, and as him's said "this one will be the decider!".
So we's went out of sight from the grenadiers, and started discussing tactics and targets.
Now we's agreed on taking down Marcus first, then Vince and then the Baron Himself!
We's all agreed on a signal once more, and dissappeared into the shadows...
When all of us were in place, the signal came, and Marcus fell the same instance.
Me's were not wearing scout armour since me's a Watchman, and me's sneaked into the crowd among the grenadiers.
Then me's saw the golden oppurtunity, the Baron unguarded!
Me's lifted the dagger and cut him's down.

Now all the three main targets were down, including the Baron, and his bodyguard had failed their task, to protect him's. Raiden were shouting "Cease" and we all calmed down.
Though Mela continued a bit with here sneaky poking.
Even though the grenadiers lost this training, and the Baron were taken down, Raiden kept his honour, and said the truth, the Scouts had won that round. The Baron though, won't admit getting knocked down by a goblin *giggles*

After this Mela and Raiden agreed on an "Free for all" and everyone went mad.
Mela dismissed us, and the training was over.
What a first training!

Smudrud

(POSTED IN HERE FOR SMUDRUD!)

Kelly Sanderson
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

By Jove and Sheeshy McGee!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2007, 03:05:06 pm »

Training Led By: Mela Arkay, Scout Sergeant.

Attending:
Kelly, Regular Scout
Dalamar, Regular Scout
Kal Shadowhand
Faden Wildheart, Watchman
Shardak, Guardsman Recruit
Brandy Arrowsnap, Guardsman Recruit

Hoagie, our Dragoon Sergeant also attended this Weekly Training Session to address the matter that we were to discuss this week.

The topic this week was... WEAPONS!

For the first half an hour-three quarters of an hour, Mela spoke to us about different fencing weapons. We discussed Kryss', spears, daggers and the like. Mela gave us a little too much information about where she stores her daggers, but OH well. We discussed how poison may be able to be applied to this selection of various weapons. After a long rant about all the different types of fencing weapons, which is shown above in the sketches I drew (and in which Mela insisted to thrust around the room with each weapon at "fitting and appropriate" times), Hoagie stood up and talked to us about swords and axes.

So, anyway! Hoagie stood up and started talking to us about different swords and axes. He didnt have as many to show us as what Mela did, and also didn't stand and talk for as long, either. We discussed probable/possible methods of poisoning the weapons that Hoagie displayed for us. We also saw his Avamass present that he got, which was a HUGE black axe. Hoagie taught us that if you dig deep enough with curved weapons, bandages may not be able to heal the wound efficiently. We all asked questions which were appropriate and learnt quite a lot about weapons, even those of us who do not use melee weapons.

This training session, although over an hour long and involving a lot of listening from us all, taught us ALL a lot about what techniques we should use in the field and what to expect from others with those specific weapons.

Signed: Kelly Sanderson, Regular Scout.

John Dell:
My ultimate aim is to nag someone to the brink of total blindness and hate that they kill me.

John Dell:
It's for me like for you and pies; if one is staring you in the face you just can't leave it alone.
Kal/Mathew
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2007, 03:45:47 pm »

Scouts Training. Led By: Scouts Sergeant: Mela Arkay

Attended by: Church Servant: Kal ShadowHand
                      Regular Scout: Chaffers
                      Junior Scout: Garand

We met at our usual meeting place where we were ordered by Sergeant Mela to head to the roof.

Once there she begain taling about group healing in Combat. She told us the she want us to heal while she struck us with her bow to make sure we could stand up to the challenge. And we did in fact stand up to it indeed.

She then gave us partners and told us to spread out and to listen to the order to heal when it is called. We then engadge each other and we did form and heal with our partners as told to. We then was toold to Cease and were rearranged with another partner after Chaffers was hit kinda hard.

We were then told to use the Waywatchers tactics, But Sergeant Mela forgot that Garand and I were both poisoniers. We begain as told and Sergeant mela went down quickly, and was quickly helped up.

She then ordered us to line up and debriefed us on some things and then dissmissed us.

Signed Church Servant: Kal ShadowHand

Dalamar
Covian Guardsman
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2007, 11:24:35 am »

Interogation training, part I

Leading:      Dalamar, Regular Scout
Attending:    Mela Arkay, Scout Sergeant
                   Kelly, Scout Corporal
                   Olchafa Serpernt, Regular Scout
                   Kal Shadowhand, something odd...

This is first training I have done since Sergeant Arkay named me as scouts trainer. Topic of day was interogationing, methods and ideas behind them. First I told some basics of interogaion, what are the goals and two main ways to get there.

“First method... is where you torture your subject to get the information you want from him... So you will cause unimaginable pain to him...”

“Second method... mental torturing... it’s where you don’t cause physical pain nor damage the tissues but you attack the mind of subject...”

I had chocen that this day was dedicated to first one. So I showed some tools used in physical torturing. Like needles, nails, saws, tongs and poison. After that I told Kal and Olchafa to pair up and show us how it feels. First item they tested was common needle. It is small and usefull as it dosn’t cause much physical damage but it cause alot of pain. I told Kal to push needle under Olchafa’s finger nail. It didn’t take long before he was begging Kal to stop. Soon Olchafa got turn to revenge Kal by using tongs to pull his finger nail off. Or atleast pull so that Kal feels it’s getting ripped off.

Last thing I wished to point out in the training was what kind mental state you should be when you are doing interogation.

*Signed with red ink* Dalamar, Regular Scout

Mela Arkay
'Must be stopped'
The Light Company
Covian Legend

<3 PooSwallower

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2007, 11:58:58 pm »

Training Lead by:Mela Arkay

Attendees: Kal Shadowhand, Regular Scout
                 Garand, Junior Scout
                 Perun, Junior Scout
                 David Sacrow, Junior Guardsman
                 Calico Kate, Regular Scout
                 Kelly Valentine, Scout Corporal

Training Topic: Cross Healing

What happened:

Not really much to say. Handed out a copy of Salicks book. Did a few team healing trainings and then we boxed. We then did a lost man standing of which Kal was the victor!

Jenifer Feather
Cove Command
Covian Legend

The Light Company

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2009, 11:46:37 pm »

This board is now back in use:

Led By:
Jenifer Feather
Attended By:
Alirly, Sergeant
Kal, Officer Cadet
Edward, Guardsman Recruit
Ruby, Watchman Recruit Guardsman

Topic: Basic Drill and Attack training.

This training session began with a normal training session of drill commands and healing training.. We practiced the Valiro manouver covered in the past training session and this led to a cross healing training session where Edward decided to protect his best parts..

Then the training got a bit more exciting, we attempted to attack the sentry being help by 'Pickles' outside the barracks. Though we were vastly outnumbered things were going pretty smoothely.. Though as soon as one of us fell.. we all started falling.. proving have well we work as a team!

Good to know that the barracks will stand strong against any attack! Even from the Covian Scouts!

Signed: Jenifer Feather

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length