Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 11:24:24 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  OOC Boards
| |-+  Scribe's Trove (Moderator: Kelly Sanderson)
| | |-+  Earth Serpent Fang
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Earth Serpent Fang  (Read 3304 times)
Conan Darkmoon
Dead
Covian Legend

Grenadier of Cove, Protector of the Baron..

View Profile
« on: October 05, 2006, 06:31:44 pm »

I have never once shared the story of my wife Sarah... and my son.  Well that is to say on any other drunken night I probably would have shared with but a few eager listeners....

All I will stay is that stumbled upon the bodies of my wife... and my son.. and now I finally KNOW who is responsible!!

THE EARTH SERPENT FANG

I don't know how many days I held her... crying for death to bring me peace away from this terrible world.  But something inside me kept me alive... something kept me awake..  Anna's body decomposed slowly into my thick minocian arms... and I kissed her ever so sweetly as if she was still alive.  After the fourth day.. I had a sort of feelin up in mah' body.. I had to leave this wicked place.  I had to survive, to thrive and seek revenge for the bad luck that had befallen my wonderful family. 

I looked around the charred wasteland that was once my humble home, my son.. my sweet son had a large serrated cut about' his neck..... and the Covian wood around me seemed to echo certain death.  I looked inside myself for a reason to this evil deed... and after what seemed days of being utterly and completely pensive.. I had my murderer...

I'll admit, it took me a long while to realize who had actually killed my two loved ones, Teagan Trix and Hoagie had heard my story many a time, and even though me and Hoagie had our obvious differences, even he was taken aback by my sad tale.  But not one of my acquaintances in the Covian army understood who had taken Sarah, well.. perhaps one knew but his tale will be told later on.

Getting back to my horror on those dark days... I finally decided to move on.. to live.  I let Sarah's body fall away from my arms, a solitary tear falling from my grizzled beard.  My feet seemed to stumble toward the dark wood' the memories of my loved ones fell away from my subconscious in one fell swoop.   I repeatedly cursed myself for being such a stupid brute, for not realizing the flaws in my thought at once.  For not.. insuring my family's safety...

But yet the wood called to me, and I at once decided to respond.  I walked into the scary place, with  not a thought of evil, no fear for my physical body... these assasins had killed my family, but had they wanted to kill me they certainly would have done so already.  As I walked deeper into the wood, my sense of anger floated away... the animal within me was unleashed.. and Conan Darkmoon became an animal.

I spent days in the Covian wood, seeking only to rid myself of the memories which plagued my sickened mind.  Who would have thought that the village idiot Conan Darkmoon was actually once the Minocian/Trinsician Philosopher "Dragen M'aein".  This would be a secret that I would have to keep... for the rest of my existence.  You may ask yourself who the murderers where... and while I chuckle as I write this.. I know for sure who they are. 

Philosophically speaking, modern Covian thought would make no room for an Atheist.. but Dragen was no atheist.  For years in Trinsic... I! Conan Darkmoon the Dunce was able to revolutionize thought! To ensure that at least in the intellectual capitals of Luna and Trinsic the Avatarian Church would not dictate thought!  Only to return to my home to realize that my thoughts and actions ensured my familiys untimely death. ..

I never thought it would happen... But while I ate moss and thrived on swampwater in that demonic wood.. I came to the conclusions that were neccesary to come to... The Church killed Sarah... and they killed my son Gideon too... because I opposed them.  I laughed for days realizing finally that the Church would never admit to the murders... and no Court would find me.. Conan Darkmoon in favor.. the Church had far too much money. 

I smiled while basking in the covian swamp... immune to the poisonous snakes swimming around my feet... my revenge would come.. I would join the Covian Army and start a revolution... I would destroy the true heretics.. the Church.  And the Baron would for once reign true over all!
  But without the help of the Earth Serpent Fang.. my revenge would not be complete...

Hope you all enjoyed!

PS:  ESF 2 is Coming soon.. and this story is being applied to BoC and my character in game.

Also please leave comments!
Mela Arkay
'Must be stopped'
The Light Company
Covian Legend

<3 PooSwallower

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2006, 11:09:05 pm »

Excellent story. I've never been able to write in first person. Hats off to you good fellow.

Marcus Kobra
Regular Grenadier
Cove Command
Covian Legend

"Death is certain, When is up to your Medic."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2006, 06:54:23 am »

A storey straight to me heart it is, always loves sotries that made the church evil Cheesy  Great work mate!

The Lord hath created medicines out of the earth; and he that is wise will not abhor them.
Kal/Mathew
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2006, 03:22:56 pm »

A very, very most interesting story, I enjoyed reading it, If I could write like that I could be a Millionair. I hope to see more like this soon.

Conan Darkmoon
Dead
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2006, 08:08:20 pm »

Thanks for all you're feedback guys, I hope even more of you read Conan's tale.  I'll continue more with ESF 2 when I begin to implement it in-game a little more, so as to spice it up a bit. 

Conan Darkmoon
Dead
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2006, 06:09:58 pm »

OOC: Anyone who wants to be incorporated into the ESF "Freedom over faith" RP in-game please send me a pm, thanks.

Conan Darkmoon.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length