Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 02:41:03 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Into the Lairs of Orcs
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Into the Lairs of Orcs  (Read 1960 times)
Marie
Citizen of Cove
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« on: October 23, 2006, 09:36:29 pm »

Roit Sirs

Here is my report on the search into the orcs lair in Yew. It were a rather uneventful evening when I and the other guardsmen on watch where hustled outside and lined up before the barracks. As Mela explained it seems that this lad, Miner Tim, had got himself into some trouble. Not only had the daring and enterprising lad ventured deep into Yew with risk of being captured by Loyalist and executed as being a heretic and a spy, he had also penetrated the orcs lair there, in the hope of finding some precious ore without doubt. For all his trouble he had only succeed only in misplacing a rare necklace. And now it seemed, we would have to go and get it from the orcs – a task done with usual favour and discipline.

Mela, Hoagie, Belrak and Marie getting themselves into trouble.

Without further delay we gathered our arms and a fair amount of bandages,  and by a Rift made our way into the depth of Yew. As our numbers seemed rather small for such a ordeal, I were rather glad that we were meet by only orcs and not by the wretched Loyalists. The scattered the few orcs outside and walked into their lairs. Now Sirs, dungeons are dungeons, but nothing compares with the stench of a place a orc calls home. Surely were are well used to their filth from the regular patrols against the orc Fort – but the damp darkness of a dungeon seems to concentrate the stench to new highs. Cloth covering the noses barely made the stench tolerable, but even then it seemed that the filth creeped into every gap in your cloth and armour. At the higher levels the dungeons seemed unpleasant indeed, but somehow what you would expect from such creatures, but as we descended deeper , we found many signs of advanced mining and event forges of a unknown designs. It seemed for me, Sirs, that these orcs are much more advanced then most expect of such creatures. If it is them there are behind this? We only encountered orcs, but perhaps they have made a alliance with some creatures? I fear that new weapons and infernal devices are forged in these dungeons. Well, one can only hope that their wrath will be directed at the nearer enemy of Stonekeep. It will serve them well, those scoundrels!

The strange forges of the orc lair.

After numerous encounters we came to a big chamber. We were longing for the Sun and fresh air, but orders are as always orders – still we would like to return to the sun and fresh air as soon as possible. In the weak light of our torches we could se huge piles of black ores and mining equipment and in the soot; a print of a human boot leading to a mining shaft. Our morale were rising, when we hard a big roar and saw the silhouette of a huge titan of a orc. It were big and it went directly for our hides. Thanks again to our many patrols against the Orc Fort, we were able to form a disciplined block where we could meet the threat and I am glad to report that there were no signs of panic.

Here it comes!

So much trouble for so little a thing..

After we had dispatched several of the beast we investigated the chamber and found the missing necklace in a crate. We made a rather hasty retreat to the surface and were harassed by orc patrols, and even ran into a ambush. But thanks the Gods we made our way to the surface and the sun greeted us. Never have I seen it shine so brightly.

From there we made a rift to the Barracks and returned in orderly fashion. I think the necklace have been returned to Miner Tim, and one can only hope the citizen have learned not to venture into that kind of danger again. On behalf of my comrades of arms, I dare to ad that it is a honour to unselfish do our duty to our citizens.

Signed, Marie Le Blanc

Mela Arkay
'Must be stopped'
The Light Company
Covian Legend

<3 PooSwallower

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2006, 10:06:31 pm »

Rather delayed report but its excellent, Well done Marie.

Scout Corporal,
Mela.E.Arkay.

Vince Valentine
Cove Command
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

Carl Hammond - Detective

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2006, 10:33:35 am »

Damn those Orcs, damn them to the abyss!

Grand report there Marie, keep up the fine work!

*Signed*
    Vince Valentine
 Grenadier Sergeant

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length