Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 06:44:34 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  OOC Boards
| |-+  OOC Board (Moderators: Kelly Sanderson, Hoagie)
| | |-+  [proposal] Bring citizenship to the next level
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: [proposal] Bring citizenship to the next level  (Read 2839 times)
qom_riyadh
« on: November 07, 2006, 07:09:45 am »

Dear All!

Since we all can notice, that Citizen activities are raising (in small, but constant steps). For few days I was thinking about something...

Would it be possible to transfer all citizen-related matters to the Town Hall? Actually it is almost completely unused (except for yesterday's trial, which owns)?
Thought that our three factions might have their offices there, also citizen recruitment might take place in there, weddings (for those which doesn't follow the Avatar *thinks to himself: squire will hang me*), ceremonies etc...
Also - why to still promote citizens as usual, I mean on the top of the barracks? Tell me - are Covians are military society? Don't think so - although military is the main group of bocers, but do we have to keep it that way? Wouldn't be that great to have a living, strong citizenship which consists not only of alt-characters to play when ye are bored or sth like that...
 Yesterday's event showed that we might need a citizen court, also it (in future) might lead to "police" tasks and quests for the arms(wo)men etc...

Well, that's just a bunch of ideas and thoughts, comments very welcome...
Kazuo Shinrai
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2006, 09:47:10 am »

The townhall was originally meant as a place to host the council meetings and other high profile citizen diplomatic/political events. However, the fate of the covian council is that everyone would love to see something like that thrive yet no one can be bothered to put in an ongoing efford. Ergo we have an unused townhall.

I still feel that the townhall should be an intrinsic part of Cove though.
However, the townhall should not be available for lower rank citizens to hold events at will.
As for the townhall being used as a justice court, that is something that should be left either to the military (which means the barracks should be used) or the church (in which case the church would be the place of event). Citizens do not police Cove, so they should not have a binding matter in legal affairs. Citizens being appointed as councelors or advocates is a different matter though. Meaning citizens can organize the defence in the case of a trial, the offence should always be left to either the army or the church.

Just my two cents.
(and I think that brings my total of official donations to Cove at 18 cents already!)
qom_riyadh
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2006, 09:57:35 am »

Okay, so what about citizen recruitment / promoting? I think that the town hall would be a great place for such ceremony. Also some kind of an office somewhere in the town hall building (the upper story is even more unused) would be IMHO good for citizen recruitment or sth like that.

Also notice one thing: armsppl got their barracks, towers, outposts etc - what does the citizen have? Erm, church? Goblin? If it will continue this way I think that basic problem will remain with citizens of Cove - we don't feel like a part of the town...

Tasks are simply not enough... "Folks got their homes" one will say. - Sure, but that's all... Do we have official hq for the hunters, crafters and artisans (whose forums disappeared even)?

It is said that citizens are welcome to create companies, businesses - I think that facilities of kind like I've mentioned will add more to the life of this town (and a great aid in RPing)

The last thing - if one want to keep tthe town hall reserved for councils, high-rank meetings - okay! Maybe would it be good to think about / make some modifications to this building to accomodate even those commoners and workers with their matters?
« Last Edit: November 07, 2006, 10:11:44 am by qom_riyadh » Logged
Kazuo Shinrai
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2006, 10:11:08 am »

That is a proposal I have opted to command a long time ago.
When I'm back home I'll see if I can dig it up and post it here again.

The citizenship program does indeed need alot of love, but it needs love from dedicated people and I'll be honest and say I'd love to work out the entire concept (as I once promised to do) but I am not sure how much I can be there on maintaining it. I'll have a look at things tonight and let you guys know (also on how much time I will be able to put in in the coming months).

As for a recruitment ceremony, I like that.
Ideally, every citizen who gets recruited into the baronship should collect his citizenship papers at the townhall. Also for promotions in the citizenship program the ceremony should be held at the townhall.
Khaelieth
Citizen of Cove
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2006, 12:58:25 pm »

When I get my internets running properly, I will return with a vengeance. I would love to help a bit=)
Garak Nightchill
The Light Company
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2006, 05:30:25 pm »

The Hunter/Artisan/Harvester guilds are pretty much gone, the citizen system has been simplified. 

Citizen promotions will be kept separate from the military ones so far as I know. 

The town hall definately deserves to be used more.  But don't forget Cove town itself is just to the south and has some buildings that can be used. 

I'm also in the process of changing the Gatehouse into the Stables.  I hope to have a little office at the top for citizens to use.
Marcus Kobra
Regular Grenadier
Cove Command
Covian Legend

"Death is certain, When is up to your Medic."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2006, 10:32:46 pm »

*rubs chin thoughtfully* Ah yes, the Town Hall and the covian Citizenship whom I am a part of, if rarely seen! Yeah I agree, It would be nice if we had more... but that's where the new ESTATES Come in I think, the shires run out of land..... and its wilder than the Nine Hells, I say that on each estate (as they are established) we try and set up specific shops in each region, smithies in the mountains, carpenters and woodworkers in the altmere, and well tailors and butchers might make a living in the swamps, Hides and meat gallore.... this would also set up trade between estates.  Maybe I'm throwing more into this than should have been but being a Citezen... and not intent to make a militia character. I see the need for more Civy type things, I also acknowledge the need for barracks and guardtowers and the HQ's for the squads, We live ina WILD part of Sosaria, and are constantly at wars. So um I think i have began to ramble. How and Shinrai, i always love how you manage to make the citezens feels lowly, even OOC LOL you damned noble! J/K!! but rabble does hurt...

The Lord hath created medicines out of the earth; and he that is wise will not abhor them.
Conan Darkmoon
Dead
Covian Legend

Grenadier of Cove, Protector of the Baron..

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2006, 01:12:13 am »

\. I would love to help a bit=)
Ditto.
Vince Valentine
Cove Command
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

Carl Hammond - Detective

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2006, 04:46:23 am »

I agree, a citizen version of the barracks is much needed, where all citizens can pop their wares/generally hang out. Personally i think at this time it's wise to keep the citizenship as it is, recruiting more crafters and such, until we're in a position where we have a large group of active civilians. When we're comfortable there, we can always expand/upgrade a little bit at a time.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length