Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 11:43:46 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Into the mines of doom....
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Into the mines of doom....  (Read 3955 times)
Vince Valentine
Cove Command
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

Carl Hammond - Detective

View Profile
« on: January 17, 2007, 04:16:54 pm »

In the heart of the sacred mountain lies the treasure that many seek. be wary of the power of the jade monkey, for if used for evil, it has the potential to bring ruin to all that you hold dear...

Ancient Tokunese folklore

Guardsmen attending:

Hoagie                       Captain
Vince Valentine          Grenadier Sergeant  (Leading)
Raiden Morana           Grenadier Corporal
Garak Nightchill          O.C.  Scouts
Kurt                            Regular Grenadier
Kal Shadowhand        Regular Scout
Jack Sinist                   Junior Guardsman
Thovin Farrow            Junior Scout
Eve                             Watchman
Falconheart                Watchman

We began our perillous journey on the path heading southwest of Homare moongate, down a worn, dusty path. The snow was still thick on the ground, giving the area a bright glow.

Onwards Covian heroes!

Twas quite scenic, but we'd have no time to admire it's beauty on this trip. Our destination, according to the map piece found in the Dojo a few evenings ago, was a long abandoned mine, crawling with members of a strange cult of some sort....

They obviously didn't care for visitors, for no sooner had we started our journey, we were assaulted by some of these cultish warriors! Nothing our band of hardy guardsmen couldn't handle though, and we were soon pressing on...

After a brief pep talk on how we were to handle ourselves inside, we entered....
A couple of sentries posted at the door spotted us immediatly, and attacked at once! We stood firm, and soon had them eating dirt.

As we proceeded deeper still, these cultists started using dirty tricks, even a few of them disguising themselves as harmless birds!

Bird my foot! *Stamps*

Not ones to be easily fooled, we slayed the bugger, let that be a lesson to them!
The sheer amount of these bastards was astounding, with not even a second passing where we wern't assaulted from all sides! Covian training, and a healthy dose of swagger saw us through, and we continued our search....

The carnage!

Suddenly, something glinting in the corner of one of the crevices caught watchman Eves eye, and i ordered her to stow it in her pack, for we were in no position to examine it where we were! With our search successful, we retreated slowly and steadily, the full force of the evil buggers on our tails! A few times they did attempt to halt us with nasty spells that made it impossible to walk, but to no avail. We managed a steady retreat and made our way home, where we examined our prize...

Mysterious indeed....

Over 40,000 gold coins were gathered, distributed between the attending guardsmen, and by avatar, they earned it! Our mission a resounding success, I dismissed the Guardsmen, saluting them proudly. An excellent job all round folks, keep up the fine work.

*Signed*
       Vince Valentine
     Grenadier Sergeant

Conan Darkmoon
Dead
Covian Legend

Grenadier of Cove, Protector of the Baron..

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2007, 04:40:26 pm »

Forty-Thousand eh! That's a fine hunt..

*Signed* Conan Darkmoon
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2007, 04:57:42 pm »

Harr!

We left a trail of death and destruction in our wake...'Tis the Covian way!

*signed*

Raiden, Grenadier Corporal.

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Kal/Mathew
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2007, 06:36:07 am »

Aye them bloodi buggers now know the Coveian way. Thhem step up, them fall down. Vesper will learn the same lessons!!!!!!!!!!!!

Signed; Regular Scout: Kal ShadowHand

Conan Darkmoon
Dead
Covian Legend

Grenadier of Cove, Protector of the Baron..

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2007, 06:41:01 am »

Aye them bloodi buggers now know the Coveian way. Thhem step up, them fall down. Vesper will learn the same lessons!!!!!!!!!!!!

Signed; Regular Scout: Kal ShadowHand

I hear that Shadowhand!

*Signed* Conan Darkmoon
userjosh5368
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2007, 11:02:42 am »

Well done lads last i was in there Mela got captured what a scout they always die or get captured. Har har!
Jack Sinist (•̪●)
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

Growing up hurts when you compare

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2007, 11:04:35 am »

Last time I set my foot in one of those Yellow skinned people's Cave!

"Kyle! This is how the world works. If you want to find some quality friends you have to wade through all the dicks first."
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length