Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 10:43:54 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  Character Profiles
| | |-+  Aerlyn Talaviir
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Aerlyn Talaviir  (Read 2268 times)
Aerlyn Talaviir
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« on: February 03, 2007, 04:41:06 pm »

Well where do I start, I know what your all thinking - what in the nine hells is a Half-Elven doing this far East, away from the Wildlands and how did he end up in the Baronship.
Ill tell you the answers to these questions and more lads, now relax and grab some Ale.

First off yes, I am a Half-Elf. Born to a Human Father and an Elven Mother, Cerene Talaviir. I do not know my Father as Cerene didnt like to talk about him much so I thought he musn't be worth wasting my breath or time on!
I grew up in a small Hamlet of Elves in the Forest of Lisadiil in the Wildlands. It was quiet, but seldom peaceful as there were always Raiding Parties fo some Race or another always trying to take the Lisadiil from us - personally, I think they were all jealous as ours was the only 'community' for miles in any direction.
Most of the Hamlet had fighting skills of some sort or another, otherwise Lisadiil would have fallen many generations ago. Only the Elders didnt fight, although there was always a strong aura about them that made you feel that if pushed, they would be a very dangerous foe.

I learned my Swordsmanship and Healing skills from Ehyonna Darknight, a very skilled Ranger that taught me from the moment I could walk. She was very patient as both a hunter and a teacher and over the years we developed such a bond we could almost tell what the other was thinking. We would disappear for days in the forest of Lisadiil yet noone in our Hamlet would worry, they knew we both would be a match for almost anything in the great forest.

I remember one night, we were stalking an Orc Party that had just appeared in Lisadiil, they had just made camp and seemed worn out and ragged. My and Eyhonna circled the camp, just out of range of the firelight, to try and figure out what these creatures wanted. There were only 20 or so of them and yet every single one of them was on guard.
'Strange' I saw Eyhonna hand-code me.
We were just going to leave them this night, as they did not seem intent on harming our Hamlet or the forest this night when we heard the unmistakeable growl of a Timber Wolf, quickly followed by another then by 10 more. Me and Eyhonna were shocked to our souls - never have Timber Wolves gathered in so many numbers before. We both blended into the trees as the wolves appeared and encircled the camp. They jsut stood there, snowling and drooling, as if waiting.
'Why?' I signalled Eyhonna. she only shrugged her shoulders and shook her head.

Suddenly a huge barbarian of a man appeared and the Timber Wolves parted for him. The Orcs readied their weapons - clearly they were afraid of this barbarian. He shouted something to the closest Orc in their own language, the Orc just snarled and charged at the barbarian. The Orc swung his weapon at the barbarian, who just stood there. Just as it looked like it would cleave the barbarian in two, several Wolves pounced on the Orc and tore it to pieces within minutes. The Orc didnt even have time let out a cry or anything.
The other Orcs cried out some sort of battle-cry and charged the barbarian. They all met with the same fate as ther first. When the wolves had finished devouring the foul-smelling corpses of the Orcs, the barbarian simply walked away and the wolves followed. Since then I have never seen or heard of this barbarian.

Anyway, enough reminiscing, why did I leave the Wildlands I hear you wondering. Well I simply was not contented with life. Plain and simple, no great mystery. I felt I was meant for more. Don't get me wrong, the life in Lisadiil was great and anyone else would have been content with it, everyone else was - except me. I had always spoke about leaving but noone ever thought I would actually do it, except Cerene. She was the only one who understood how I felt and so got me trained in other skills that could help me survive wherever I went. And for that I am grateful.
I always keep a journal with me so I can chronicle my adventures and hope it will become a source of great inspiration for anyone who reads it when I am grey and old, or passed away.

Anyway I heard of a small boat leaving the Wildlands and heading East, I spoke to the captain but he wouldnt let me on for love nor money, stubborn bastard! So I snuck on and hid in the cargo hold. For three long weeks I hid there all day and only snuck out on night to steal food and stretch my weary muscles. I had no company, except the occasional banters of Sailors as they went about their business. I ended up alone, cramped yet still eager for adventure in a town called Skara Brae.

That is where Regdar saw me and asked if I was interested in joining the Baronship. I admit I wasnt interested to begin with - I had only just snuck off the ship and spent no more than time than it does to adjust ones pack and I was already being offered to join some organisation, what a strange town I thought.
However, after speaking for some time with Regdar I decided to sign up - the Baronship of Cove had the right ideals and I knew this would provide me with the right opportunities so I followed him to the Barracks and signed my life to them! A hasty decision some might say, but I knew in my heart it was the right one to make.

So now here I am, Aerlyn of the Elven Talaviir family of the Wildlands, Guardsman of the Baronship of Cove and loving every minute of it!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length