Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 11:58:39 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Training: Sneaking in The Shadows
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Training: Sneaking in The Shadows  (Read 2347 times)
Smudrud
Covian Citizen

I came, I saw, I ran away!

View Profile
« on: February 17, 2007, 12:14:46 am »

When: 16/2
Who:
Althalus, Senior Scout (leading)
Smudrud, Watchman

Today me's weapons were blunt after all me's fighting, so me's went over to Hew Phella's workshop, to see whether him's were home and willing to help.
When me's arrived, Hew stood by the forge and were smithing some new shine and sharp weapons.
Me's explained the situation to him's, and with a wuick grin, him's sharpened all me's weapons.
Now him's went in to the house, and sent out Althalus, me's mentor.
The second training were about to start.

After me's had waited a while, Althalus stepped out of the shadows behind me's with a sound, and scared me as usual.
Him's had obviosly planned the next training, and today him's wanted me's to learn how to avoid enemies.
With an evil smile on his face, him's said that we's had to go to a place with a lot of enemies, and asked me's whether me's knew what place him's were thinkin' of.
Me's stomach were right, we's were to sneak around in Fellucia.

Him's told to meet at the moongate, and we's both faded into the shadows.
A bit later me's was there, and we's both took the moongate to Britain in Fellucia.
There Althalus waited for me's, afraid of loosin' me already...

We's started of hidin' and walkin' in the shadows in Fellucia, when suddenly me's got assaulted by a mounted murderer. Him's knocked poor me's unconscious before me's reached to blink.
Althalus stepped back out from the shadows to defend me's, but the mounted murderer had a grat advantage due to him's mount, and took down Althalus as well after a hard fight.
Him's stole some from me's, but then healed us, and set off.
So Althalus sneaked in front, and used what him's called "mirror image" to guide the way, but soon me's lost the way and wandered off alone in Fellucia for a while. That was a scary experience.

After a long time of wandering lookin' for Altalus, a wolfie came and barked at me's.
Then it showed me's a direction, and the faded into the shadows just like Althalus uses to do...
Me's followed the wolfie for a period of time, and then ended up with Althalus.
It almost seemed like Althalus had some sort of contact with the wolfie
Anyways, we's went over the mountains through a tight pass.

From here him's lead way, both hidin', and him's leaved "mirror images" behind to guid me's.
Me's sneaked through Fellucia, and all of sudden me's were noticed by a couple of brigands.
The dagger were quickly in my hand, and me's slayed them's easely.
Althalus however, got mad at me's for not doing me's task, sneakin' past, rather than slaying them...

Now me's started to understand the purpose of this training, and avoided all the new enemies me's saw, just sneaked through the shadows. Me's continued searching for wolfies telling directions...

At our final destination, when we's had walked all from Britain to Yew, Althalus waited for me's in the city center near the Yewian moongate.
There him's had at least 2 wolfies, and 3 mirror images of himself.
Althalus told me's to sneak to the nearby moongate, watching me's'self so me's didn't get noticed by the murderer waiting by the moongate for innocent victims...

Me's didn't get revealed, and made it to Minoc in Trammel again.
By the moongate Althalus stepped out of the shadows behind me's and scared me again.
Him's asked what me's had noticed and learned, and told me's some useful information about sneaking and enemies.

After this, another sneaky trainin' were ended with a salute, and both fading into the shadows...

*Signed* Smudrud
« Last Edit: February 17, 2007, 12:26:03 am by Smudrud » Logged

Althalus
The Light Company
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2007, 04:08:25 pm »

Very good my young Apprentice you are comming along well. Next time Things will be a little harder though so keep practicing thoughs exercises i set ye!

Mela Arkay
'Must be stopped'
The Light Company
Covian Legend

<3 PooSwallower

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2007, 10:40:27 pm »

Keep up the good work Smudrud.

Scout Sergeant,
Mela.E.Arkay.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »