Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 08:39:48 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  A Church Notice: Kal ShadowHand's Penance
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: A Church Notice: Kal ShadowHand's Penance  (Read 6064 times)
Garak Nightchill
The Light Company
Covian Legend

View Profile
« on: February 27, 2007, 04:52:34 pm »

People of Cove,

As some of you may know, Kal ShadowHand, believed burned for heresy, is alive.  He hath approached the church and doth claims that a golem, a wytch-created duplicate of himself, was responsible for the heresy and was the creature burned.  As he is alive, and hath displayed a second such creature, it may well be that he hath told the truth. 

But before he can resume his rank and place in Cove, he must prove himself.  As of this day he is now a Servant of the Church, and shall be watched closely.  He shall prove himself by undertaking the following Rites of Penance.  He is under the authority of the Church.  He may assist the Guardsmen in their duties. 

1: He will lead pilgrimages to all eight Britannian shrines and meditate at each one.

2: He must attend at least two Masses

3: Through organised hunts, he must raise at least 50,000 coins for the Church coffers

4: He must fulfill a Loyalty Task set by the army in order to regain his rank and be freed from his Church bondage.

Let all note that defiance of the Church shall nay be tolerated.

In Nomini Deus,

Father Reynard Destain
Bishop of Cove
« Last Edit: July 15, 2007, 01:06:58 pm by Octiovus » Logged
Kal/Mathew
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2007, 06:01:40 pm »

(Hooded figure walks by and reads the new post)

(Pulls his hood back and steps out of the shadows)

A Trial I must partake? Sound fair to me.

Servant to the Church? I can do this.

Father Hugo I will fullfill these tasks set for me with haste and without question. You could have had me burned on the same day I approached you but instead you told me to leave. I do swear from this day forth that I will never again speak against the church of Cove.

Signed Church Servant: Kal ShadowHand

Kal/Mathew
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2007, 06:38:33 am »

I Kal ShadowHand would like to go on report in letting the Fine people of the Church know, through helping Father Reynard Destain and Junior Guardsman Eve, I have so far donated a some of 6,000 coins to the Church.

More will soon follow till I reach the set amount set by the Church.

Signed Chrch Servant: Kal ShadowHand

Kal/Mathew
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2007, 03:21:37 pm »

Hunt to Destard

Led By; Church Servant: Kal ShadowHand

Attended By;

Grenadier Sergeant Vince Valentine
Scout Sergeant Mela Arkay
Dragoon Sergeant Hoagie
Regular Scout Kelly
Junior Guardsman Feraz
Guardsman Recruit Frenek

I arrived at the barracks where I gathered as many Guardsman I could. After they were all lined up I then began to tell them what it was we needed to do. When everything was said and done I then I placed my special book down and told them to head to Destard.
Once there, the lined up again and I told them that I wanted to see some good healing, that I did not want to see one fall that could have been kept up. On that we entered the Dungeon and went to looking around. For quite some time we did not see anything but Dragon Corpses. We moved on further and finally one came up from it's slumber with anger as he seen us. We formed and quickly took it down as another cam up, It wasn't long he was in a long sleep with his mate.

We then pressed on after collecting its coins to find out that we were not the only ones there, so we then moves up a path just west of the entrance where we were met by some Giant Snkaes that was easily disspatched. From there we moved down a big hole where we met up with one of them Shadow Dragons, but before we could retreat he was on us so all we could do is dig in our heals and fight it like there was no tomorrow. We fought it hard and fast till finally we found Victory.
We moved in further killing about two or three more before calling a final retreat. Once we were back on top we went and killed about two more dragons then headed to the Entrance. The coins I collected was sent to my bank for safe keeping.
Once out side I told the others to make their own way back to Cove and meet at the Barracks. Back at the Barracks we placed all the Collected coins down to be counted, and I then took 5,000 coins from it and asked Sergeant Vince to make sure the Guardsman got their share of the Coins for their help. I then dissmissed them and headed to the Bank where I could add the 5,000 coins to what I had in the Bank.

Now I have a GRAND total of 20,000 coins in my bank fer the Church. The rest will come soon.

Kal/Mathew
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2007, 02:13:45 am »

My Pilgramage to the eight Shrines

I set out early this morn to visit and pray at all the Shrines of Vertue. The forst stop on my long journey was to be Compassion, it layed deep in the desert north of Cove. I set out for the desert and on the road there I ran into some brigands so I felt it good to try and collest some coins for the church, so I quickly releaved them of their slightly heavy coin pouches. I made my way to Compassion shrine where I then knelt down and prayed.

After about thirty minutes I got up, dusted meh knees off and then looked at my list for the next shrine I needed to visit. Honesty was the next Shrine to visit on my list. I then set out to find this shrine by heading to Moonglow to hop on a ship that would take me there. I made it to the Moonglow docks in no time and quickly made arrangements with a boat captain and then boarded his ship. We set out once the ship was loaded with its cargo. On the way out the ships canons went to blazing as we came upon some of them Water elemental that tried to stop us from getting through. After about three hours we made dock at the Island of Snow and I then headed to the place called the Pass. Once there I seen the shrine. Walking up to it and forgetting about the cold winds that cut through you easily I approached the shrine where I was stopped by what looked like a troll,.. nut not a normal troll, it looked like it was frozen, I quickly took my blade and disspatched it.

From here I will head to Honor in the Trinsic swamps. I made my way there by moongate and headed to the south from the gate. Once there I then did as I was told.

Next was the Shrine of Humility, and after another long baot ride I was finally there.

Next was my favorite Shrine of them all Justice. I headed to Yew where I then headed east straight to the shrine.

Next was Sacrifice, I headed to where I was told it would be and seen that I did right by following direction.

Then on to Spirituality.

Then Valor wich was the longest trip of them all.

Along the way on this pilgramage I mannaged to collect over five thousand coins for the Church.

Which after adding it to what I have collected already gave me a new grand total of twinty five thousand four hundred & six coins now for the Church.

I hope that the Church is saticfied with this for I really worked hard to make sure I didn't miss a Shrine.

Conan Darkmoon
Dead
Covian Legend

Grenadier of Cove, Protector of the Baron..

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2007, 05:44:45 am »

*Glances at the notice, muttering to himself in the distance*

Nothing shall remove the fang from within Kal, he is aware of the evils of the Church.. the true evil lies in that which remains pure, we must make Avatar Proud Brother....

*Grins to himself, scratching at his ear as he passes by Flina, reatreating to the Green Goblin for a shot of some rum*
Garak Nightchill
The Light Company
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2007, 10:58:25 am »

Church Servant ShadowHand,

Thou art pleasing Avatar with thy steady progress.  Continue as thou hast begun.
Kal/Mathew
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2007, 03:03:28 pm »

(*Walks by and reads the responce*)

Mmm! The Fangs lives in me? Not anymore it doesn't, The Church is helping me get rid of it completely and once it is fully removed so shall ye be removed from Cove. You forget I know thee well, so save your self some pain and leave Cove for good and leave thy Church in peace.

And Thank you Father I will make the Avatar more pleased by completeing thy Tasks you set for me.

Kal/Mathew
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2007, 01:07:04 pm »

Whilst sitting back in my chair drinking a nice cup of tea, I was thinking about where I could go and what to kill to gather the remaining Coins for the church. I finished my tea and went to put the cup away when a pigeon came flying in with a note attatched to its leg. I took the note and read it, it was from Grenadier Sergeant: Vince Valentine, wanting to know if I wanted to join him in a smal hunt.

I then went down stairs to meh uncles old work shop to gather my things needed for a hunt and bandages needed to heal up. I then headed to the Barracks where I see the Sergeant waiting on me. I lined up and we then formed a Tactical and then headed to the Minocian Moongate. Once there we went in to a place called Honesty in Ilshenar. There we were met some foul creature that hang around there waiting for its prey.

We then move on to the Juka city were we had to show a few of them a thing or two. From there we made the pass north of the Juka City. We made our way throught the pass quite easily for there was nothing there to stop us. On the otherside was the most beautiful place I have ever seen, and some really awlful looking creatures, they looking like human horses. Human head, chest, and arms with a horse body.

Spread out and take as many down as ye can ordered by Sergeant Valentine. We have to contain the evil that make take the place over he replied as I was heading out. I did what I had to do to kill these things for their aim with the bows they used was amazingly accurate. One after another I moved swiftly as I could makeing sure the Coveian pride showed in every step I made, and every action I did.

After every kill I did gather all the coins I could fine for the Church would not be happy if I could not collect what was set for me to collect.

After about an hour I heard the orders for the retreat given by the Sergeant, so I quickly hit the shadows and headsed out to the entrance to meet up with him. As I got there he then told me to head back to cove for we did what we needed to do here.

Back in Cove I was then dissmissed. I headed to the bank to coint the coins I sent there whilst fighting.

I then put the gathered coins with what I had collected allready to find out that I did make my quota.

I hpe that Church will be happy for this was indeed hard work and very dangerous to fulfill, but none the less was done without question.

Garak Nightchill
The Light Company
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2007, 10:38:55 pm »

*The Bishop reads the notice and nods in approval*

userjosh5368
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2007, 04:06:00 am »

Tearlach Gradh
Covian Guardsman
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2007, 08:27:33 pm »

Thou truly art a man of many uses mister Shadowhand.

I have observed thy work being done for the Covian church.

When I return from my pilgrimage I shalt have some work put before you.

*Signed in red ink*

-Godfrey of Glenwood-
Templar Knight of the Covian Templi Order.
Kal/Mathew
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2007, 01:06:52 am »

Then I shall see that it is done as soon as I get the order

Kal/Mathew
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2007, 04:07:40 pm »

*BUMP*

Kal/Mathew
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2007, 12:50:23 pm »

Mass held by Bishop Reynard Destain

Inattendance we has Sergeant Hoagie and his wife Miss Teagan,
                                   Brandy Arrowsnap
                                   Durrav Ulcrus
                                   Farfar (who is Ill)
                                   Raziel Richter
                                   Decker
                                   Kal Shadowhand

I humbly ask the Church that sence I fullfill my end of the agreement and did yer bidding please let me have my Scouts Badge back.

Signed Church Servant: Kal Shadowhand                                           

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length