Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 04:33:29 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  [COMPLETE] Senior Guardsman Tel'Var - Regain Your Arms!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: [COMPLETE] Senior Guardsman Tel'Var - Regain Your Arms!  (Read 4255 times)
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« on: May 31, 2007, 02:29:34 pm »

Senior Guardsman Tel'Var - Regain Your Arms

Greetings Dem',

So ye wish ter rejoin the Grenadiers eh?
Well here are your trials... Careful now, if you rejoin and then leave again we may not be so forgiving.

Brotherhood

Lead a Brotherhood hunt to Tokuno and retrieve the "Hair of the Snow Lady" trophy to honour the Grenadiers.

This is a hunt for Grenadiers and aspiring Grenadiers only.
At least three fellow Grenadiers/Grenadier Recruits must join you on this mission.

I want a full report with sketches of the action posting below.

Loyalty

Lead at least three other guardsmen and make a security check on all of the Household buildings.

Then I want you to set up a sentry position close to our border with Vesper.

They seem to be spoiling for a fight so keep an eye on any activity in the area.
Make sure the outpost is on Covian land, do NOT encroach into Vesperian territory.

Man the post for at least 15 minutes and keep the guards attending busy.

Post a full report including drawings of the security check and the sentry post.

Discipline

Lead a training session focussing on cross healing, targeting and team combat.
Make sure at least six other guardsmen attend to make the session worth while.

End the Training with a free for all.

Post a report including sketches to outline what you covered in the session.

Ability To Fight

Lead a hunt to the Ice caverns.

Take at least four other guardsmen with you.
To show your combat and leadership abilities I want your group to slay the following...
An arctic ogre lord, a white wyrm and an ice fiend.
Also bring back at least 30,000 gold coins back for the coffers.

Write a full report including drawings of each of these slain foes below

Swear your fealty to the Baron

Once all these tasks are complete seek out either the Baron or myself to swear the Grenadier Oath.

Good luck Senior.

*signed*

Raiden, Grenadier Corporal.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2007, 10:26:07 am by Raiden Morana » Logged

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

userjosh5368
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2007, 05:00:05 pm »

*Tears down his trials and peers at them* Hrm.... not alot harder than my last trails huh... well ill try get them done soon as i can, anyhow these can stay at the HQ *Pins the parchment to the board again with his dagger*
userjosh5368
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2007, 08:39:40 pm »

Time:1630hrs

Date:Monday 4th June

Leading officer/Guardsmen:
Senior Guardsmen Demarian Tel'var

Attending officers/guardsmen:
Scout corporal Kelly SandersonValentine
Watchman Falconheart
Guardsmen recruit Aaron Cael
Guardsmen recruit Joseph Milner

Briefing:
Lead a hunt to the Ice caverns.

Take at least four other guardsmen with you.

To show your combat and leadership abilities I want your group to slay the following...

• An arctic ogre lord, a white wyrm and an ice fiend.

• Also bring back at least 30,000 gold coins back for the coffers

What happened:
We headed off after some time gathering able bodies and meat shields for the task at hand after travelling there by mystic means. Once there we headed into the dark cavern lit only by the torch i held and the flicker of wycthes as they approached us in the dark ... yes first few ninny's to get us were rat's i knew this area well as i trained here with my deceased superior and good friend Vince Valentine i remember him doing his trials the slaying of the mighty frozen ogres, these lord of ogres they say have a hit of stone and i tell you they bloodi well hit hard.

We approached there lair to engage several of them one after another they fell and i Gave my war cry for my old friend! FOR VINCE! After dealing with these creatures i made my way other the small foot bridge toward where the loud roar of what we nicknamed the white wyrm a smaller cousin of the Ancient wyrm but still a ferocious and challenging foe, we made are way through several small ice snakes and puddles of slime and gunge.

This creature we lured towards us quickly we engaged in a furious battle as the first one fell another advanced fro the Caverns darkness and quickly knocked us back, after regaining are ground and devising plan's we soon engaged again this time they were pushed back and we earned a good amount of loot as well as a small souvenir for myself.

Heading on we quickly dashed past the numerous icicle rocks men that charged at us, after retreating into a small area we noticed they stopped chasing us and that we faced a new Threat! Ice fiends they are called Daemons of the Ice cavern,cousins of the Balrons the daemons of old from past the old servants of the Guardian we cut through these like as bolts and arrows skimmed the air and embedded into the monster its squealed as it died this cavern full of them we carried on fighting before heading out to the barracks.
There i thanked what was left are lot and dismissed them.

Signed
Demarian Tel'var
« Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 11:43:06 am by Tel'var/Sacrow » Logged
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2007, 10:27:36 pm »

A fine start Dem'.

I'm monitoring yer progress.

Keep it up Senior!

*signed*

Raiden, Grenadier Sergeant.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

userjosh5368
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2007, 04:19:15 am »

Time:1900hrs

Date:Sunday 10th June

Grenadier sergeant Raiden Morana
Dragoon sergeant Hoagie
Senior Guardsmen Erik Arkay
Senior Scout Valrio
Regular ScoutChurch servant Kal Shadowhand
Regular guardsmen Jack Sinist
Regular guardsmen Kas Valentine
Junior guardsmen Delcarakdur
Watchman James Covium
Watchman Mercy
Watchman James Covium

Briefing:
Lead a disciplinary training session it must involve

• Cross healing, targeting and team combat.
  • Make sure at least six other guardsmen attend to make the session worth while.

• End the Training with a free for all.

What happened:

We gathered at the 1900hrs inside Coves walls, where I ordered the men to create a line over time several more guardsmen joined us and I began the session, I started off briefing them what we would be going through targeting, cross healing and team combat.
I started the session off with the healing exercise I allowed are men to wear fun armour but no shield or weapons as well no hand to hand combat disarming from the mages.
The two scouts and I pummeled the squad with vigorous attacks poisoning and whacking them round the head in full armour they stood as a unit and healed not one fell till I swapped the mages for the scouts and then gave a recruit a painful wound that was hard to heal he fell quickly and then I stopped the session and informed them of several ways to counter act the method. Special type of apple some cooks have been known to make it but very few are known takes along time to learn the art, there is also the chivalric Avatarian holy magic spell “Remove Curse”. After some debate I explained how in a battle situation mages are the main priority as they have power and long range at there disposal, the archers should be taken care off they are an nuisance they fire splinters and twigs, next head for melee poisoners they are pesky and can be lethal and finally general melee units macers, swordsmen and fencers deal with them in formations or group attacks.

We soon headed onto Team battling where my team the first time round lost due to poor technique, second time round a good battle between us saw the other team smashed and the last man a Grenadier! Sergeant Morana Huzzah! Grenadier Swagger for you! Managed to get him down after a lot of running!
Finally we finished up the session with a free for all! Went rather well Raiden was in high spirit until a surprise attack by Kal sent him down in his tracks finally me and Kal ended up fighting each other as his kryss struck me the poison took effect in the area but fighting through it I took him down and ended up the last man! I dismissed the men and sent them on there way knowing they now have some more knowledge!

Signed
Senior guardsmen Demarian Tel’var
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2007, 10:55:59 am »

Aye, a good workout Dem'.

Keep it up.

*Signed*

userjosh5368
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2007, 06:53:33 pm »

Time: 2000hrs

Date:Tuesday 12th June

Grenadier Sergeant Raiden Morana
Officer Cadet Eve
Watchman Falconheart

Briefing:
Lead a Grenadier Brotherhood hunt to Tokuno

• retrieve the "Hair of the Snow Lady" trophy to honour the Grenadiers.

What happened:

After assembling we quickly gathered, as time was of the essence this would b a quick errant testing Grenadier fitness and agility we ran through the center of Isamu-Jima, by the volcanic center slaying a few elements that came from the larva pit, quickly eve catch us up after being guided by Raiden.

We soon moved off on a quick sprint dodging through trees and ruins past huge two headed wolves and then into the thick forest full of lizards and beetles! We reached the other side and well turned and engaged them cutting down a lot of scaly buggers! We headed on forcing are tiring bodies in all that armour into another skirmish with some yellers, there pansy fans and poking sticks weren’t a match for maces and bolts!

We moved on steady this time sort of tired one might say but Grenadiers never tire! We entered the frozen cave it contents crystallized in ice, we moved onto the frozen barren and engaged are prey the Snow lady the weak fickle thing had to summon things to help it alas I claim it a weak embodiment of the Guardian, it soon lay dead and i had to right to take a nice lock of frozen hair for a trophy.
From here we headed to the Grenadier HQ and I dismissed them all in all a good quick hunt but one important one also.

Signed
Demarian Tel’var

Obtained trophy: Hair of snow lady
« Last Edit: June 24, 2007, 11:53:15 am by Tel'var/Sacrow » Logged
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2007, 07:13:52 pm »

Aye, we warmed her cockles alright... Grenadier style!

Well led Dem' and well done Grenadiers!

*Signed*

userjosh5368
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2007, 09:05:37 am »

Time: 2000hrs

Date:Thursday 14th June

Dragoon Sergeant Hoagie Grayner
Senior Guardsmen Erik Arkay
Regular Guardsmen Kas Valentine
Officer Cadet Eve
Junior Guardsmen Delcarakdur
Watchman Falconheart
Watchman Marcus
Watchman Mercy
Watchman James Covium
Watchman Jakob D’Stoke
Watchman Faden Wildheart

Briefing:

• Lead at least three other guardsmen and make a security check on all of the Household buildings.
  • Make sure that all is in order and that the Barracks, Tavern(Currently under construction) Church and Townhall (Currently under construction)  are free from threat.
  • Then I want you to set up a sentry position close to our border with Vesper.

What happened:

I rallied the guardsmen to the barracks lining them up and briefing them about the task I had been given, after gathering a good number we headed off on a forced march to Cove on arrival I lined then men up again giving them a job each two would check the interior walls ,two would check the ramparts(My job) and one the exterior..

After some time expecting the battered walls of Cove we found several weakness on the southern wall, rotting wood, cracks and arrow/bolt damage. The northern wall however was strong not even a recruit could go through it with Arkays AA assault assessment thing. After finding all finding we moved to the Covian grand arena, again allocating teams to search the area I also made some observations on equipment used in the arena stone work on the top looked battered by the weather and benches rotting from not enough care, again the outside structure was proved by the AA assault assessment with a full example using James Covium.

Pretty sure he has no brain, here some more came to join In the inspection where we moved onto the scout cabin testing if it was fire proof and explosive proof we also found some secret doors which were hazardous, after the explosive assessment I called a general retreat why Mela tried to kill me with her crossbow always entertaining to take out a scout’s legs with a stick, after she gave me an earful of insults and warning, I ordered the church to be searched telling guardsmen about twenty times to disarm and remove there headdress most are disrespectful it seems after a good time inspecting the place we found it was well preserved and in good state, last I moved onto the barracks which from exterior viewing we could just see the resent burn marks from Yew and there pyro attacks!

Here Watchman D’Stoke left to prepare for his navigation training session ,wasn’t soon before some others left to do other chores leaving four of us I sent Kas to Altmere but we actually headed to the Vesper borderline and set a small sentry post that blocked the road and had good vantage point, using natural resources from the trees and wildlife we constructed are self a small fortified position after holding it for twenty minutes we headed back, the other joined in the navigation training while I headed off to draft this report.

Signed
Senior guardsmen Demarian Tel'var
userjosh5368
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2007, 09:09:44 am »

I requested an audience with the Baron so i could complete this pledge i never made before joining last time, this time im binded by it glad to be back as well,

Honour to protect you again my lord Baron!

FOR THE BARON!

Signed
Demarian Tel'var
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2007, 10:28:24 am »

Well done Demarian, you have completed your trials and sworn your oath to the Baron.

*Slaps Dem' across the face*

And tha's ter make sure ye remember it!

Welcome back old friend.

*Signed*

« Last Edit: June 24, 2007, 10:34:21 am by Raiden Morana » Logged

userjosh5368
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2007, 09:04:17 am »

So when have i got to be at parade? *Scrtaches cheek in though*

« Last Edit: June 29, 2007, 09:06:25 pm by Tel'var/Sacrow » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length