Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 09:47:29 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  ~*~Apprentice Task~*~Sean
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: ~*~Apprentice Task~*~Sean  (Read 3680 times)
Eve Thenasa
Senior Guardsman
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

Mae na fordd i rhoi Wil i welly.

View Profile
« on: June 24, 2007, 12:04:57 pm »

Sean! An aspiring Grenadier, and an archer like myself.  I have a task for you...

I wish ye begin by researching and studying the virtue of Honor, a virtue that is followed by all Grenadiers!  Following your study of this virtue, I wish ye to make a date and time with myself for us to travel to the dungeon of shame (anti-virtue of honor) where ye shall put your theory into practice!

Post a detailed report of this task below.

Good luck my Apprentice!

*Signed*

Eve, Officer Cadet

[ooc]The task is optional, but it will help you towards your report and training requirements.[/ooc]
Sean Greyson
Covian Guardsman
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2007, 06:22:50 pm »

Honour is a virtue I know very well and one I studied under my previous tutors.  I shall complete this task with vigor.

Ileana Leontine
Citizen of Cove
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2007, 06:31:54 pm »

Mister Greyson,

Perhaps it is not my place but perhaps I could be of help in this task. I have learned much of the Virtues, including honour, and perhaps among my incoherent ramblings there may be something you find useful.

My raven cage is 401552764.

Regards,
Miss Leontine
Mercy
Covian Guardsman
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2007, 01:42:35 pm »

*sticks a note below*

Thats a very nice offer miss.  I'll make sure he looks you up.

Sean Greyson
Covian Guardsman
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2007, 07:05:54 pm »

Firstly I wish to apologise for the lateness of my doing this task.  I was unable to find time to speak to Miss Illeana so decided to continue on my own.

Honour is something many people respect in another and indeed having honour will often gain a person's respect.  There are many aspects that honour covers so I shall put together a few of the most thought of examples.

Being honourable can also refer to upholding an oath when you have sworn a promise to serve someone you continue to serve them against all the odds including the possibility of losing your own life.

Being truthful is also an act of honour, never telling a lie and keeping a promise. 

Honour can also involve courage, this can be seen in battle where you fight an opponent evenly, some would say using poison, spells and disarming an opponent to get an unfair advantage would be fighting dishonourably.  Not backing down from an enemy especially if you are protecting someone you have sworn to protect would again be honourable.

From this it is easy to see two of the three principles are covered by Honour, these are Truth and Courage.  But in my eyes Love can also be considered a part of Honour for if you truely love someone you would treat them with respect and be honourable towards them in speaking truthful to them, keeping any oaths made and having the courage to stand by their side through all trials and tribulations.

I hope this has givn enough evidence of my knowledge of this virtue.

*neatly signed*

Sean Greyson.

Eve Thenasa
Senior Guardsman
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

Mae na fordd i rhoi Wil i welly.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2007, 09:42:00 pm »

Indeed it does Sean!  Now it is time for you to put this into practice and begin your path in honour, contact me to arrange a suitable time for us to head to the Dungeon Shame!

*signed*
Eve, Officer Cadet
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length