Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 29, 2024, 02:54:05 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Watchman Trials: Gabriel Drachen - COMPLETE
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Watchman Trials: Gabriel Drachen - COMPLETE  (Read 3815 times)
Mela Arkay
'Must be stopped'
The Light Company
Covian Legend

<3 PooSwallower

View Profile
« on: June 26, 2007, 09:10:45 pm »

"Gabriel Drachen! Thats a familiar name." Mela mused as she read over a piece of slightly tea stained paper "Oh.. yes hes one of my Scout recruits. Well then, best give him a trial to warm the noggin' then." taking up her best quill Mela began to write. Taking up the piece of paper she scanned over the writing and nodded approvingly to herself "Good good, lets see if he is really worthy of wearing the Covian Cap"

Watchman Trial: Gabriel Drachen

Penny for the poor

I heard some time ago, in that ratman cave the one where Vince died (Avatar bless his soul) right at the back, there is a large stash of treasure. I think it would very much benefit all of Cove and the Baron if we investigated this and brought some of the treasure home! The only problem, is its guard.

Task:
Lead a hunt to steal the treasure which belongs to the Skeletal Dragons.

Conditions:
  • At least five people must attend your hunt.
  • On this hunt you must gather at least 15,000 gold crowns.
  • You don't have to slay the Skeletal Dragon but try, the treasures what important.
  • Bring at least one thing from the treasure and present it as a gift to the Baron, be creative with the gift this is coming from a big pile of treasure after all.
  • Have a citizen polish the gift you bring back before presenting it to the Baron.
  • A report must be done with sketches.

Ability to Teach!

Many years ago I ran a class teaching people about the different methods of healing during and after battles. And I think its time that the new additions to Cove learned how the basics of first aide as well.

Task:
Lead a class talking about different ways to help wounds heal. The different potions and their uses aswell as any other healing aides.

Conditions:
  • Contact one of the citizens and have any resources used for this training made by them. Including potions, furniture..etc.
  • Set up a small stand with food and drinks for those taking part in the training, and given them a 5 minute break
  • At least 3 people must attend this training.
  • A report must be done with sketches as proof

Fruit Basket

When the new tavern is built the guardsmen have been asked to supply it with exotic fruit for puddings and sweets. This is where you come in Drachen!

Task:
Travel far and wide and collect a fruit from each City and village. Write a report explaining how the fruits taste and what pudding you think they could make.

Conditions:

• Include at least five different fruits.
  • It is advised that you take a couple of civillians along with you, however this is not vital.
  • You may make your own fruits up but keep them within reason, no polker dotted fruit!
  • You must include pictures with the report.

Good luck Drachen! You'll need it!

Scout Sergeant,
Mela.E.Arkay.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2007, 02:20:34 am by Mela Arkay » Logged

Lucas Gabriel
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2007, 06:01:51 am »

Lead By: Gabriel Drachen, Watchman

Attending:
Hoagie, Dragoon Sergeant
Perrin, Watchman
Tyrael Styx, Junior Grenadier
Demarian Tel'Var, Senior Guardsman
Raiden Morana, Grenadier Sergeant
Flina Trix, Junior Dragoon
Dalamar, Regular Scout

Heading into The Cave of The Skeletal Dragon We tromped through the Elementals and Ratmen filling the main chambers. as we headed inward we discovered a more volcanic area of the cave, we soon heard the roar of a Dragon as we got closer. We encountered The Dragon almost as soon as we got to the treasure chamber, it raised the Dead Lava Lizards around us into Skeletal Warriors and brought hordes of undead upon us.

We dealt with about Five of the Dragons before I decided that it would be safer if I snuck past to claim a piece of the treasure from it. I snuck in and examined the treasure pile for quite some time before finding a piece I decided the Baron would like. A shield with an ankh upon it, seeming very old and well made.

Returning with the shield I ordered the others to return to the Barracks,when we did we piled up the gold and everyone was soon dismissed. The Hunt went well except for a few cases of soldiers not quite listening to orders, I would suggest this Sunday everyone got a refresher course on Orders...

Gold Collected: 15017

Shot at 2007-06-29

Signed: Gabriel Drachen
userjosh5368
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2007, 10:25:05 am »

Don't forget the extra 8657 gold i brought on my return!
Tyrael
Diciplined Soldier
Baron's Own Grenadier
Covian Regular

The Baron's Own

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2007, 10:41:09 pm »

A Grand start on your Trials Gabriel!  Keep it up mate! You'll be promoted in no time!

*~Signed~*
         Tyrael Styx,
            Junior Grenadier
Lucas Gabriel
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2007, 04:31:17 am »

Job Performed by: Teagan Grayner

Gabriel handed the old Silver shield to Teagan, she grimaced at the old thing but smiled and got to work polishing it. The years seem to rub off the large metallic object, soon revealing the silver sheen beneath.

Gabriel eyed the shield and smiled, teagan did a fine job.

(was unable to get screenshots of the polishing due to my own stupidity.)

Lucas Gabriel
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2007, 08:27:32 pm »

The Following is my report on Five fruits I found while searching around the globe. I am not very knowledged in fruits and their uses but this is my best try.. I have included a sketch of each fruit, followed by what I know.

Lucas Gabriel
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2007, 02:13:33 am »

Teaching: Gabriel Drachen, Watchman

Attending:
Celuvian Haap, Watchman
Hoagie, Dragoon Sergeant
Olchafa Serpernt, Regular Scout
Mela Arkay, Scout Sergeant
Grief Dryfh Gry, Hardened Guardsman

For my watchman trials I performed a class on healing for a few of the Soldiers. I went over the basic methods of healing, by the use of bandages and potions to heal wounds. The others took to the concept very easily understanding the processes used to healing wounds during battle.

Next I moved on to methods of curing poison, Going over the simple methods such as using a potion, to the more complicated and exotic forms like Petals and Bandages. I also gave them fair warning that the best way to fight poison is to avoid it, and to not go chasing assassins on their own.

It was at this time I let them break for ten minutes, Allowing them to partake of the pizza and Ale I brought compliments of the Green Goblin (and my gold purse).

My list moved on to more unconventional forms of healing. Magery and Chivalrous abilities were covered in this subject. Though useful I let them know these forms are more suited for support.

Finally I moved on to the forbidden art of healing known as Spirit Speak. I did not explain how to do this but I did tell them it's concept and how it worked.

All in all they learned much and I enjoyed teaching it. i will arrange more classes like this on my own time for Recruits and watchman.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length