Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 03:44:05 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Watchman Trials: Jakob D'Stoke
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Watchman Trials: Jakob D'Stoke  (Read 2353 times)
Hoagie
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Actually a Corporal

View Profile
« on: June 27, 2007, 05:22:29 pm »

Jakob! Another one interested in the Dragoons! I'll have to give ye somethin' nice an' challengin'. See if ye can impress me more than ye already have!

TASK ONE
Lead a group of men to the freezing depths of the Dungeon of Ice, and gather no less than 10,000 gold coins. Aswell as this, recover the tooth of an Ice Fiend, and the claw of a White Wyrm as proof of your leadership against some of the nastier targets.

• At least 4 other guardsmen must accompany you on this task.
  • 10,000 gold must be acquired.
  • At least 1 White Wyrm, and 1 Ice Fiend must be slain.
  • A full report with pictures must be posted below.

TASK TWO
You will have shown that you can know how to handle yourself from your trip to Ice, but the question remains, do you know how to teach others the same? Lead a battle training focusing on both attacking and defending a fortification.

• At least 6 other guardsmen must attend.
  • The fortification must be constructed beforehand, in a location of your choosing.
  • A full report with pictures must be posted below.

TASK THREE
Lately there's been an alarming lack of a tavern in Cove. While word has it, plans for the new one are coming along nicely, we don't want to have to resort to drinking Yewish ale!
Organise an open air tavern evening, supplying the men with drinks and entertainment.

• There must be at least one attraction to entertain the men. A bagball game, or gambling is fine, but feel free to go above and beyond!

Good luck, Watchman!
« Last Edit: July 07, 2007, 09:39:45 am by Jack Sinist » Logged

*Signed*
Hoagie Grayner, Commander
⚔ The Richter Crest ⚔ The Covian Seal ⚔ Order of Recruitment ⚔ Minoc Liberation Campaign ⚔ Kaldor Line Campaign ⚔ Vesper Civil War ⚔

Jakob Stoke
Covian Guardsman
Guest Of Cove

I am not a marsupial.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2007, 12:28:09 am »

Task One Complete

As ordered, I called all available to a line up. The following soldiers reported for the hunt:

Officer Cadet Zoie Hayden
Guardsman Recruit Belakor
Guardsman Recruit Patience
Guardsman Recruit Sean Greyson
Regular Guardsman John Dell
Dragoon Sergeant Hoagie

I called the group to attention and had them sound off and number off to help them wake up a little. Spirits were flagging due to the defeat at the hands of the Vesperian wytches and their Kaldoran lap dogs, so it took some doing to get the lads to get motivated. John Dell was his usual jovial self, asking me to tell him a few jokes. He laughed at all of the jokes. He deserves a promotion.

Recruit Patience indicated that she had the ability to open a portal to Dungeon Ice, so I asked her to do so. I hope she registers her diabolic ability with the ministry of magic and what not. I would have preferred to run all the way to Ice mountain, but for the sake of time the gate was convenient.

I ordered the troop to form two lines with shields up front and archers in the rear. We armored up and entered the frozen cavern.

We met the denizens of the cave soon after stepping inside. Every step of the way was a fight against some form of cold creature and ratmen.

The difference between male ice elementals and female ice elementals? Snowballs!

It was entertaining to watch Dell's drool turn into a long icicle. But even more entertaining was to use a recruit to clear a bridge of booby traps. Fortunately for Recruit Belakor, no booby traps were set off.

Along our way we encountered a rather fat but un-jolly artic ogre lord. The squad kept a close formation and the ogre lord was dispatched without delay. I collected a fang as a souvenir.

We fought our way further in and found the lair of a white wyrm. The wyrm was not pleased to see us and attacked me. Thanks to the healing and close formation I was able to survive the wyrm's assault. No sooner had I retrieved a claw from the wyrm that we were attacked by another. In all, we must have defeated 6 of the frigid and scaly dragonkin.

I got lost for a moment, but after getting my bearings I led us to the entrance of the Ice Fiend halls. Guarding the entrance we found several Ice Fiends. I took out a horn and tooth from the ice fiend for keepsakes. Sergeant Hoagie advised that we had reached the goal of 10,000 gold, so I ordered a portal back to the Barracks before more ice fiends came after us.

Once at the barracks I distributed the extra gold and dismissed the troop. Sergeant Hoagie helped me lock the 10,000 crowns for the coffers.

- Watchman Jakob D'Stoke

El obispo de Constantinopla se quiere desconstantinopolizar. El desconstantinopolizador que le desconstantinopolice Buen desconstantinopolizador será!
Jakob Stoke
Covian Guardsman
Guest Of Cove

I am not a marsupial.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2007, 09:54:07 pm »

Task Three Complete

Task three was to supply the men and women serving Cove with a night of entertainment with drinks and at least one attraction.  For this task I organised a Scavenger Hunt and Barbecue.

I started by laying out the barbeque pit to roast the pigs in, setting up tables and stools, and providing plenty of ale, cider, and liquor.

I roasted the pigs with plenty of ale for flavor and my secret barbecue sauce - a recipe passed down through five generations of D'Stoke men.

The Scavenger Hunt started at 8:15 PM.
First Place: Flina Trix 25,000 gold.
Second Place: Hoagie 10,000 gold.
Third Place: Zoie 5,000 gold.

I am sure John Dell would have won if he had shown up in time, if he was able to read the list of items needed for the hunt, and had he not been to busy drinking.

More people showed up as the evening progressed and the smell of roast pig wafted throughout Cove. Some of the revelers included:
Ronas Xerad, James Covium (who was his usual high energy self), Patience, and a commoner in a chicken costume who pecked people in the leg.

My thanks to all that came out for the barbeque.

El obispo de Constantinopla se quiere desconstantinopolizar. El desconstantinopolizador que le desconstantinopolice Buen desconstantinopolizador será!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length