Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 01, 2024, 06:59:35 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Circuit Training - 02/07/2007
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Circuit Training - 02/07/2007  (Read 2186 times)
Arma Renox
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

"What did you say about my hat?!"

View Profile WWW
« on: July 02, 2007, 10:02:46 pm »

2nd July 2007: 9pm GMT

In attendance:

Hoagie - Dragoon Sergeant
John Dell - Regular Guardsman
Desmond Krieger - Junior Guardsman
Belakor - Guardsman Recruit
Dareneneth - Guardsman Recruit

This eve' saw a Circuit Training session to announce the resurrection of the Navy, train the Marine applicants, and keep the other guardsman in 'ship shape' (harr!).

The premise was simple: to recreate the hectic environment of combat and sailing in stormy weather and the heat of battle at sea!

First, to create the swaying motions, poor visibility, difficulty to see and hear (and perhaps sickness too!), came one vital ingredient: alcohol!

Stage 1: Take a swig of ale!

Stage 2: Shift the heavy... er.. "rock", to show strength!

Stage 3: Light and put out the lantern, as you would onboard a vessel, even in a storm, a battle at night, or to put it out if sailing in stealth!

Stage 4: Practice aim, explosives handling, defence and endurance in chaotic combat!

Each stage was to be repeated over and over, until only one man was left standing!

Extra elements included "attacking vessel" missile fire, and desperate hand to hand brawling in close combat to inspire inventiveness when resources are depleted!

Performance was impressive, and John Dell is to be commended for being the last man standing!

For the good of the Army, the navy, and the Baron; a successful training session, simulation of life at sea and a sign of the strength of the Covian Navy!

Signed,

Arma Renox
Commodore

Eve Thenasa
Senior Guardsman
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

Mae na fordd i rhoi Wil i welly.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2007, 10:38:39 pm »

A Well thought out training and a nice report!

*signed*

Eve, Officer Cadet
Zoie Hayden
Dragoon
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2007, 11:14:44 am »

Great job Commodore Arma! I wanted to attend very much, but found myself under a pile of paperwork last evening and even my mace couldn't free me.

*Signed*
Zoie Hayden
Officer Cadet

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length