Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 03, 2024, 07:13:50 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  OOC Boards
| |-+  OOC Board (Moderators: Kelly Sanderson, Hoagie)
| | |-+  How did you find BoC?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: How did you find BoC?  (Read 5244 times)
Marcus Kobra
Regular Grenadier
Cove Command
Covian Legend

"Death is certain, When is up to your Medic."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2007, 05:44:30 am »

Stumbled on a leaflet at the moongate on atlantic.... then came over and found Erik Arkay in the woods (saved me from some moster) and we RP style chatted it up and well I stil havnt managed to log more than a months worth of play into it yet lol thanks to computer troubles constantly assailing me.... this was the one thing that kept me from leaving UO all togethr though .. so im thankful we have a BoC!  and poor octi... got stuck with all of us!!

The Lord hath created medicines out of the earth; and he that is wise will not abhor them.
Vince Valentine
Cove Command
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

Carl Hammond - Detective

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2007, 06:58:52 am »

After a year or so of whacking monsters for gold, I lost the spark. I yearned for more, so I packed up my old kit bag and headed for one of the two RP guilds I'd heard the most about. One was a rag tag militia, based in the forests of Yew. The other, Cove.
I mosied into town, and stumbled upon a battle game involving many crates, being held by a shouty man named Arc. As I asked my questions, he began whispering to me. Apparently 'Sir Brent' wasn't a very RP name. I have an archer named Vince Valentine I replied, and the rest is history...

August 2005 I believe that was. My first and only RP guild so far.

Ahh the good old days. Nice thread, Very interesting to hear how people made their way to Cove.

Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2007, 07:19:16 am »

I had all but given up on UO.

I had never been in a guild RP or otherwise and ploughed a lone furrow as a struggling miner/blacksmith (Amon) and a fledgling warrior (Raiden).

After getting knocked in Covetous one night, my ghost was charging around the woods going 0o0o0o0o0oo0 when i stumbled across a Covian patrol.

They were mostly the old Arcanists squad, I can only remember Arc and Veldrin from the patrol so sorry whoever else was there.

I was such a newb (as i was saying to Dell last night) and after they rezzed and tried to recruit me i was arguing that the forest we were in was in fact part of Minoc and Veldrin was like "Zhis is Cove!" Heh!

Anyway I grabbed a book raced back into Covetous to loot my corpse and then took a look at the web site and forums , which i thought were/are awesome!

A couple of days later I'd signed up and was then immediately thrust into a duel with a Watchman called Seamus (now in LB i think) i was swiftly knocked as I wasn't too sure if i should heal or not and by the time I thought i had better i double clicked, missed my bandies and closed my backpack! Grin

Raiden has been here ever since! That was late August 2005 i think?

Oh! Sorry for rambling here but Dell and I had fun with this topic last night Grin.

I remember my very first gate sentry with Darath Mithar. He told me what a tyrant the Baron was, how dead Covians littered Sosaria as the Baron sought new lands for his own personal gain...

I can remember thinking to myself... Is this some kind of test? Cheesy

Like I said I was a newb!!!

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Tyrael
Diciplined Soldier
Baron's Own Grenadier
Covian Regular

The Baron's Own

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2007, 08:43:09 am »

I remember this quite well..

I was at school my account was about 6 years old.. The game was getting boring once again.. I wanted to PvP so I went to myuo and found the guild with the most warring guilds..  At that time it was BoC..  I went to the website and learned that it was an RP guild, which I didn't even know existed otherwise i would have done it along time ago!  So I created a character (Kyte) and it took like 3 days at the time for me to get in since I was still in highschool and my schedule kind of clashed.. but once I got in.. it was like a new game!  And one that I am still addicted to!
Sean Greyson
Covian Guardsman
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2007, 12:02:46 pm »

I first began RPing years back and joined my first semi rp guild TNC in Britain which then moved to Yew in the building which later became Shirefolk of Yew.  After that I joined KT for a while and then drifted in and out of different guilds.  I first came across BoC when Tib split from T*M and thought it was just a blatent copy of Grd. 

After a few years of trying to find my niche I decided I'd try BoC as I wanted to play a mage, but I also wanted an active guild with lots of members, I got bored of joining guilds where they were going inactive a few months after I joined and finding myself looking for something else to do instead.  I'm very glad I did decide to join and enjoy it every time I log in.

Teagan Grayner
Mop abuser of Cove
Covian Guardsman
Covian Citizen

I touch the fire and it freezes me.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2007, 01:49:10 pm »

Hrothgar owed me money. Seriously. Way back during at around AoS's release, I lend Hroth and Mela (didn't find out it was her until quite recently) a mill to place a castle for me. Never saw that money again Cheesy

What?! That never happened!

Khaelieth
Citizen of Cove
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2007, 01:59:06 pm »

Sure it did! Though, I did give the cash to Hroth. Our guild was supposed to be called Valnarath or somesuch.
Moraine DiGoraz
Banned for excessive profanity.
Citizen of Cove
Covian Veteran

Unlike cool Covians I am banned for being an idiot

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2007, 06:00:10 pm »

Heh, I actually joined BoC out of roleplay motives. At the time the Kotodama was not going anywhere anytime fast, still a good guild but it got old. The samurai of the Kotodama were involved in a war with Cove and Kazuo (being the sneaky bastard he is) used his contacts with the ninja to poison the daimyo, the esteemed leader of the samurai. Before this Kazuo betrayed his kinsmen in a few battles by leaking tactics but his final move convinced the baron of his loyalty to Cove. Kazuo joined up as the baron's new aide, much to the dislike of Daelin. Kasei was recommended to the baron to join his army. After trying it out Kasei just couldn't get used to all those strange customs the Covians had and choose to become a mercenary instead. It all went from there and the whole transition was staged through minor IG/IC events.

Shadwell
Administrator
Covian Legend

Retired Commander of the Covian Army.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2007, 11:30:17 pm »

Back in Yew I lived basically a few screens away from Octiovus (who then had Tiberius as his main. I actually remember the character Octi bashing skeletons in the Yew graveyard) and we had a chat ingame quite frequently. And let's be honest nothing creates a better bond then being chased arround together by Guards/Skeletons/Orcs/Angry Shire folk and/or Kotodama.

After a year or so the roleplay community in Yew began too decline to a point where it became a big drama fest and Octi told me about this guild he had formed in Vesper (NPC Orcs had taken over Cove). I joined as a Guardsman quickly became a sergeant and played a big'ish role in winning the barracks.

It was mind boggling how fast it all went from a group of 5-6 to the biggest roleplay community in UO.

Also for Kas: . The barracks plot went we got it.

The Baron's Adjutant.
Hoagie ‎(6:24 PM):
Basically, the core purpose of BoC is to troll Grd
Mercy
Covian Guardsman
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2007, 12:16:07 pm »

I vaguely remember that competition.  But well done to BoC anyway  Grin  Just shows how chance things can make big things happen.

Kas Valentine
Spellbook of Cove
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2007, 03:39:10 pm »

Yay, cheers Shadwell ! Kiss

Quite a selection of resources too, bonus.

Kelly Sanderson
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

By Jove and Sheeshy McGee!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2007, 12:48:23 am »

Octi persuaded me into BoC Cheesy
Sooooo long agooooo.

Was in SoY for a good while beforehand, and then when CoY went kaput, Cam asked if I wanted to join BoC.

I added Kelly as a citizen, then went inactive in UO for a while. Kelly then somehow ended up in Grd for ages and then.. I ended back up in Cove in the army side half way through last year! Best move I've made yet.

So yeah. I basically got here through mine and Octi's friendship Smiley

John Dell:
My ultimate aim is to nag someone to the brink of total blindness and hate that they kill me.

John Dell:
It's for me like for you and pies; if one is staring you in the face you just can't leave it alone.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length