Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 02:19:38 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  Command Boards
| |-+  Archived boards
| | |-+  Covian Navy (Moderators: Arma Renox, Gregor Eason)
| | | |-+  The Commodore, The Ale, and The Pirates
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: The Commodore, The Ale, and The Pirates  (Read 1913 times)
Arma Renox
Covian Veteran

"What did you say about my hat?!"

View Profile WWW
« on: July 12, 2007, 12:44:53 pm »

I awoke this morning with a splitting headache and a sore jaw ache. With a few more cuts and bruises than I'm used to accompanying a hangover, I rifled through me pockets and found a few badly drawn sketches and some inane scribblings. One o' the names on the list was Hoagie, and upon speaking to him and with the evidence I found, I was able to piece together a rather unsettling tale...

For me it were another night of ale drinking in the tavern. Yet I had started on the drink a tad early, and by the time I reached the green goblin, I were in a bit of a state. As I entered, I was alarmed to see the place filled with pirates! It appears that there had been a "fancy dress" of some sort, yet it seemed to me as if Cove had fallen to the hands of them nasty sea thieves!

I staggered from the Goblin, still reeling and wondering how to liberate our fair Cove from the pirates grip, when I came across a rather unusual leaning post...

My vision blurred, more so that usual when I've been at the ale! When my eyesight settled, the road were gone, and I was in a land I had nay seen before!

"At least I escaped the pirates!" thought I, yet I couldn't have been more wrong!
Upon introducing myself to the strange visitors, as the proud Commodore of the fine Covian Navy, they seemed a little less friendly.

I were pushed through a rather unpleasant looking town; houses and buildings falling apart, and shifty looking folk all around. Eventually I was lead to a small stone building on the coast. I noticed several ships in the bay; I had been taken by pirates!

Not wishing to give away too much information about the Baronship's new squad, I lied and schemed to throw them off the scent.

Or, perhaps, I was steaming drunk and had no idea what I was talking about. But I like to think it was all under control.

After beating me and threatening me with a rather unpleasant looking pair of rusty scissors, I overheard them deciding to ransom me.

After many hours of sobering up in the dark, damp cell, I was thrust out into the night. They lead me back through the forest and the town, back to the cursed arch through which I had fallen.

As they pushed me through and my vision cleared, I was met with another terrifying sight!

Fortunately Hoagie was there to rescue me, and in a lightning show of wit, agility and tactical expertise typical of the Dragoons we... *ahem*... ran away.

But this is no laughing matter; pirates now know of our Navy, and no doubt see us as a threat as much as we see them! With a magick portal so close to our fair land, as well as threat by sea, we best watch our shores and our borders.

The Navy will stand firm against these sea dogs, repel... nay, banish the scourge from our land!

Signed,

Arma Renox.
Commodore.

Anari/Gareck Hallows
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

A witty saying proves nothing. - Voltaire

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2007, 02:08:20 pm »

Anari reads the tale, half a smile appears on his face, but disappears when he reads on...

Arrr, t'is indeed bad news Commodore..
Still, well 'andled in 'em Circumstances..

*Anari Grins to himself...*

Signed..
Anari, Regular Dragoon...

(OOC: lolz, funny stuff Tongue)

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length