Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 01, 2024, 07:06:50 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  OOC Boards
| |-+  OOC Board (Moderators: Kelly Sanderson, Hoagie)
| | |-+  The State of the Game
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: The State of the Game  (Read 11419 times)
Jack Sinist (•̪●)
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

Growing up hurts when you compare

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2007, 11:31:30 am »

Well, naturally it'd be harder to role play with the constant fear of reds. But they grew tired more often as there were no item insurance and attacking an organised force would mean they would lose their gear (the really good gear costing more than most people could afford).

We would be an army and naturally assess victory in numbers, the civilians would need to be protected (as they should from bandits and cut-throats) so if anything it would add a bit in the excitement of logging in.

But it would be harder to keep events intact and fun if people ended up coming to destroy it. But then again, we can still get the occasional blue that comes and wrecks whatever we've built.

I'm not saying that it would be better in the old days, but things aren't black and white; some things were better and some weren't. Unless EA games suddenly reverts everything from pre AOS we won't ever find out how this BoC would work in such a climate.

"Kyle! This is how the world works. If you want to find some quality friends you have to wade through all the dicks first."
Khaelieth
Citizen of Cove
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2007, 10:40:52 am »

I agree with Kas and Kazuo on all points. Corpse run in Destard anyone? The days of Khae begging for people to recall to Destard to save his equipment (which had to be looted a piece at a time) are long gone.

I think UO took their first bad turn with Trammel. Hell, skinning a rabbit was scary, cause you never knew when a PK would sneak up on you. Then it was Ilsh, which wasn't -that- bad. It could've been done much better though, idea was good. Then AoS, their worst mistake. That's when I quit the first time round.
Moraine DiGoraz
Banned for excessive profanity.
Citizen of Cove
Covian Veteran

Unlike cool Covians I am banned for being an idiot

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2007, 08:27:02 pm »

What would be quite a bold move (and something that would really impress me) is if a next expansion would include a number of fel-ruleset dungeons in Trammel Cheesy

Ofcourse they'd have to be candy assed about it and place huge neon flickering warning signs around it that noobs or people that care about their stuff should not even think about entering those places. But still, a full frontal fel-ruleset dungeon (preferably WITHOUT item insurance) would be awesome!

Khaelieth
Citizen of Cove
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2007, 09:11:45 pm »

What would be quite a bold move (and something that would really impress me) is if a next expansion would include a number of fel-ruleset dungeons in Trammel Cheesy

Ofcourse they'd have to be candy assed about it and place huge neon flickering warning signs around it that noobs or people that care about their stuff should not even think about entering those places. But still, a full frontal fel-ruleset dungeon (preferably WITHOUT item insurance) would be awesome!

Without item insurance! Otherwise, I couldn't loot k0rpzez
Gottfried of Yew
Covian Citizen

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2007, 06:10:29 am »

[/quote]

Agreed! Go away if you don't like it.

UO is still great, and I don't think guilds like BoC could survive in the old days. Imagine how annoying it'd be trying to do an RP event or patrol only to get mowed down and corpse camped by a team of reds. Then you get to spend all night replacing your uniform, yay!

We can do so much more now than we could 9 years ago. It's like wishing you were 15 years old again.
[/quote]

Grd survived in the old days, BoC could too.

Gottfried Aberforth,
Templar of the †Covian Church†,
Loyal servant of the Baron.
Khaelieth
Citizen of Cove
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 07, 2007, 09:25:34 am »

Hehe, but didn't Grd have the tendency to end up sieged in SK?=D
Shadwell
Administrator
Covian Legend

Retired Commander of the Covian Army.

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 07, 2007, 01:57:08 pm »

Yes. It was great being under constant threat! Hiding and roleplaying under siege while our numbers were low and charging out when we thought we could beat them. Good times..!

The Baron's Adjutant.
Hoagie ‎(6:24 PM):
Basically, the core purpose of BoC is to troll Grd
Khaelieth
Citizen of Cove
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 07, 2007, 03:14:08 pm »

and we wouldn't need bandit guilds, we'd have reds! But, back then, exceptional equipment was the standard equipment, which meant we'd be armed with roughly the same
Kas Valentine
Spellbook of Cove
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 07, 2007, 03:42:01 pm »

Bloody trinket suits ! Angry

In the unlikely event of EA actually publishing an "old UO" shard, what are the chances of some of the big roleplay folks heading over there...? I mean obviously it wouldn't be exactly like the game used to be since people would be capitalising on all the markets (from house placing to hunting spots) but it would be close enough as far as the mechanics are concerned.

The PvP field would be a little more competitive for a start.

Shadwell
Administrator
Covian Legend

Retired Commander of the Covian Army.

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 07, 2007, 04:00:51 pm »

I just never want to train an UO char again!

The Baron's Adjutant.
Hoagie ‎(6:24 PM):
Basically, the core purpose of BoC is to troll Grd
Kas Valentine
Spellbook of Cove
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 07, 2007, 04:06:22 pm »

Pull your finger out Commander, if I'm doing one then you are. Tongue

*Du Bois*
Citizen of Cove
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 07, 2007, 09:57:43 pm »

Back when factions ruled, and trammel was fiction, moonglow was populated, and fiding a housespot was difficult. That was the time UO was at its best.

I remember some of the first months me and my best friend started playing UO. We did not dare to venture out of moonglow being so scared we would get pked. There was so much thrill and adrinaline pumping through my body. We both got noticed by this guy named Luna, who told us to follow him. We did and he took us to his little small plaster house on the isle, and we stept inside. He put a barrel infront of the door, transformed into a chicken and started pecking us to death!   I Swear! KILLED BY A CHICKEN!

Than my second big adventure was factions. I was so bad at PvP, but the few times I did win I was on such a rush. Those HUGE raids, god I miss those.

And Yes CoY was the best rp community in the history of UO. I mean just the pure thought of seeing Zhedra creeping around the Yew Crypts still gets my heart racing. But who knows, a good community could be brought back some day  Wink

That said, BOC is the best guild I ever had the pleasure to play in. The People, the mindset, and the quality is what keeps me around. I love you BOC!

Khaelieth
Citizen of Cove
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 07, 2007, 10:07:20 pm »

Mongo scared me shitless. I got hit all alone in the forests once. After that, I killed the shadows. I killed them good.
Kas Valentine
Spellbook of Cove
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 08, 2007, 01:17:03 am »

Skill training on summoned elementals outside Moonglow gates....

BOOYAH !

Cheers mages. Grin

Khaelieth
Citizen of Cove
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 08, 2007, 11:27:59 am »

or... vas flam = Dead mongbat. I actually had a GM itemID mage before AoS. Guess who felt a bit bummed.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length