Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 06:37:48 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  OOC Boards
| |-+  OOC Board (Moderators: Kelly Sanderson, Hoagie)
| | |-+  Material of choice
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Material of choice  (Read 4835 times)
Moraine DiGoraz
Banned for excessive profanity.
Citizen of Cove
Covian Veteran

Unlike cool Covians I am banned for being an idiot

View Profile
« on: July 19, 2007, 10:40:17 pm »

What material type do you prefer for your weapons and armour and why?
(resist/damage wise)
Or is it something you really don't care about?

Arma Renox
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

"What did you say about my hat?!"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2007, 11:28:00 pm »

For RP armor (as I use artis for non-RP) I tend to use a mix.

Metals are usually mostly Valorite, with a bit of Agapite thrown in as it still has a relatively high amount of resists, but adds the fire resist than Valorite lacks. Although, if you keep making enough pieces, you can have a full Valorite suit where the randomly selected resists fall exactly where you want them and leave a pretty even spread.

Leather is mostly barbed, as it has the highest amount of resists to spread. Using the same trick as above, making pieces until I find a nice balance, but sometimes a Horned piece thrown in.

As for weapons, Valorite again, simply because it covers all the different damage elements, so it's a good all rounder.

Celuvian
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

I bring the Haap..

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2007, 03:43:42 am »

For weapons its either agapite or verite. Its better then valorite imo cause valorite just covers all the resists and that gets spread to thin. Id rather use say verite since most people choose to have high physical resistance and fire resistance..therfore its poison and cold resist that gets left behind (in most cases)
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2007, 07:18:39 am »

For weapons its either agapite or verite. Its better then valorite imo cause valorite just covers all the resists and that gets spread to thin. Id rather use say verite since most people choose to have high physical resistance and fire resistance..therfore its poison and cold resist that gets left behind (in most cases)

Same here mostly Verite weps as i was once told when i was a Watchman that hitting something with Valorite was like hitting it with Iron Wink

I do have a cheeky bronze (i think) wep to try and take advantage of those with low fire resists (all Val suit).

For armour an all Val suit evened out as best it can.

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Kas Valentine
Spellbook of Cove
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2007, 09:04:52 am »

I make my weapons with paper and ink...

Pew pew spellbooks ! Cheesy

Celuvian
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

I bring the Haap..

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2007, 01:05:45 pm »

Full valo suit (balanced) + Inscription bonus (cast reactive armor and spell reflection while having gm inscription) + armor is crafted with gm armslore+ a valorite shield, can get your resists to something like:

Obidah Lynch
Criminal
Covian Citizen

Dell Wuz Heir! (-_(.)_-)

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2007, 01:22:28 pm »

I stick to plain old Shadow iron. Yep.

Mercy
Covian Guardsman
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2007, 02:17:38 pm »

For Mercy her armour is a mix of Horned and Barbed, I just tried to get the resists over 50 as best as I could. 

Sean has just a normal suit of shadow armour, I might try making him his own when he reaches Watchman with as best resists I can get from Shadow.  He uses bows so not exactly any material choices there and I'm still yet to get hold of a quiver.

Zoie Hayden
Dragoon
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2007, 03:02:18 pm »

Full valo suit (balanced) + Inscription bonus (cast reactive armor and spell reflection while having gm inscription) + armor is crafted with gm armslore+ a valorite shield, can get your resists to something like:

I'll take a suit of that Cel! Chop chop! *Nods*

Kas Valentine
Spellbook of Cove
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2007, 03:43:39 pm »

Cor !

I wish I could have a suit like that. Embarrassed

Obidah Lynch
Criminal
Covian Citizen

Dell Wuz Heir! (-_(.)_-)

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2007, 03:50:16 pm »

Well, you could if you didn't spend all your money on Nightshade... You hippy Cheesy

Delcarakdur
One-handed and one-eyed Elf
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

Mess with Delc and he will wack you with his stump

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2007, 11:37:48 pm »

A mix of valorite and verite for armor and shadow iron or bronze for weapons. Fire and cold are the two most overlooked resists IMO...

Octie:
This thread has reached the pinnacle of its usefulness. We've established Kas is a hippy. Thread locked.
Celuvian
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

I bring the Haap..

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2007, 05:27:41 pm »

As Ive stated before ...somewhere... my crafter can balance a suit as long as you contact me on the specifics. Ive balanced suits for many people in BoC already, but im sad to say ive ceased to dye them since I dont have too many black dye bottles left:)
Jack Sinist (•̪●)
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

Growing up hurts when you compare

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2007, 04:17:09 pm »

I stick to plain old Shadow iron. Yep.

I'm inclined to agree with dear Obidah. I don't really care what armour I wear or what resists I have, I don't mind dying in PvP that much to care Wink.

"Kyle! This is how the world works. If you want to find some quality friends you have to wade through all the dicks first."
Kurt Alimar/Markus
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2007, 06:01:06 am »

Damn Celuviancould i soulstone inscribe, and then cast the spells then get rid of inscription and still have that?!  That would be the same resists i'd have if I had those buffs.

But yea for armor I'd say Valorite for the chainmail parts, platemail arms, plate helm, and plate gloves.  For my chaos shield I preferred Verite so I could get a 30% lower requirements bonus.  This suit is fully guaranteed too work against mages that curse,for a 100/100/55 warrior.

Heavily misguided on the weapons i'd say most of you are.  Verite is the best, as most people don't focus on their poison and energy resist.  40 Physical Damage, 40 Poison Damage, and 20 Energy really hurts against most armor.  See when people balance their resists like they do, it's better to focus on dealing more damage to a few areas rather than having a little in all.

Also it allows me to kill weaker enemies without using mana.  So I can smash away all the small fry, and tear apart the big guys with a chiv/conc combo.

That's my two cents.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length