Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 06:18:53 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  The Grenadier Curse!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: The Grenadier Curse!  (Read 9768 times)
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« on: August 23, 2007, 09:11:19 pm »

Raiden sat alone in the Grenadier Halls, Demarian's letter still laid crumpled on the floor. Raiden stared at it blankly and let out a deep sigh, his expression hardening a little.

Dem' was gone too now. Salidin, Gimbly and Tyrael had all previously departed Avatar only knows when to return. Vince was dead and Eve had not been yerself for a good while, even before her abduction trying to recover the Baron's Scepter and she needed the leave she had taken.

That left himself and Regdar in active service protecting the Baron and Cove, Raiden pondered. All was not lost though. The future looked bright with Falconheart, the Tel'var cousins and the plucky lass Arel in the wings. But even so rumours were again abound of the Grenadier Curse!

The Grenadier Curse... Long had it been muttered. Greystone... Lost at sea, eaten by pandas even kidnapped by otherworlders or so the tales went. Ahmed... The Baron's most loyal soldier turning in his arms and halberd to bugger off on some damn fool pilgrimage. Then there was Arkay. He had disappeared, gone slightly mad and returned pee obsessed. Not to mention the numerous attempts on old Hrothgar's life and his long absences from Cove. Even the Baron's own cousin, Kendall vanished without a trace! Raiden was starting to think that perhaps the curse was real.

He needed an ale. Retrieving a bottle from the deep recesses of his pack Raiden uncorked it and raised it to his lips. It smelled a little funny and tasted a little more bitter than it should but Raiden didn't care he needed a drink!

He lent back in his chair, swigging deeply from the bottle. His mind wandered...

Vince and he were stood outside the barracks when Grief happened to pass by...

Grief: Yo' bruddahs!
Raiden: Ey up Grief.
Vince: Evening there Grief. Joining us for a spot of Grenadier training.
Greif: Bwah!? Bronze foo's! Curs'd... Curs'd yar Doom'ad!

Vince and Raiden exchanged glances, smirking.

Raiden: Tha' a no then matey?

Grief walked off to the tavern still ranting about the curse.

A smirk touched Raiden's lips at the memory and he took another deep swig of ale. It was getting late now and the booze was keeping him warm. Bugger it. I'll kip here he thought, the bitter drink making him drowsy.

Curse... What curse? He chuckled to himself as he drifted off into sleep.

To be continued...

[ooc]Another story which will continue and maybe even run to some events too. Again this information is OOC unless Raiden shares his experiences with you IC.[/ooc]

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Mela Arkay
'Must be stopped'
The Light Company
Covian Legend

<3 PooSwallower

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2007, 05:18:09 am »

(OOC: Cool story! Damn that curse.)

Jack Sinist (•̪●)
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

Growing up hurts when you compare

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2007, 11:13:05 am »

(OOC: Made me smile in amusement. Good story.)

"Kyle! This is how the world works. If you want to find some quality friends you have to wade through all the dicks first."
Hoagie
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Actually a Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2007, 01:15:50 pm »

(OOC: YAR'DOOM'AD!)

*Signed*
Hoagie Grayner, Commander
⚔ The Richter Crest ⚔ The Covian Seal ⚔ Order of Recruitment ⚔ Minoc Liberation Campaign ⚔ Kaldor Line Campaign ⚔ Vesper Civil War ⚔

Marcus Kobra
Regular Grenadier
Cove Command
Covian Legend

"Death is certain, When is up to your Medic."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2007, 11:23:16 am »

(OOC: Are we sure hes got an ale and not an explosion potion in his hands lol!! Cheesy  )

The Lord hath created medicines out of the earth; and he that is wise will not abhor them.
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2007, 02:03:02 pm »

Raiden woke with a start. Or so he thought. His mind was fuzzy from the ale, he felt groggy. The shrieking of gulls overhead made him roll and look at the sky, where was he? Then the stench of rotting fish hit him. He wretched and pushed himself to his feet. He was at the docks... But which docks?

He was in Britain or so it seemed. But what was up with everyone? Why did the ignore him.

Just my luck Raiden thought. The only person who can see and hear me is a pretty little lass dressed only in a nightgown. Bugger!

Travellin' aye? From Cove..?

Raiden felt drowsy and tired. He did indeed need a lie down.

What the... She bloody bit me!

Raiden gulped for air, gasping in disbelief. A vampire! A bloody deadie had got him! The curse? How did she know about the curse!?

Raiden woke with a start... He thought twice before believing he was actually awake. By Avatar and Lithos he thought as he tried to calm his racing pulse. A dream... It was only a dream!

He went to wipe his brow... Raena's neckscarf still grasped in his hand.

Bloody hell! Raiden ripped off his gorget to check his neck. But to his surprise there was no wound...

THE CURSE!?

[ooc]Again all this stuff is ooc unless Raiden shares it with you. Many thanks to Raena for making this part of the story possible and for making it so much fun! And I hope you like the story... So far...[/ooc]

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

qom_riyadh
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2007, 02:37:55 pm »

[OOC] It's bloody fantastic! Great story, you womanizer Tongue [/OOC]
Falconheart
Baron's Own Grenadier
Covian Regular

Baron's own Grenadier

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2007, 08:12:49 am »

Very very nice story [OOC: damn I thought I was the only one pasting alot of pics]...Well you are not the only womenizer

I work at a place with 2400 MW's of pure power
userjosh5368
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2007, 10:44:52 pm »

OOC: Nice Story man, enjoyable she is one of my Minions by the way *Cackles*, Ill be back !
Grief Dryfh Gry
Cove Command
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2007, 12:17:49 am »

*Grunts, resting his elbows on the polished but maggot-infected bar*

[OOC: Grenadier's got a rich history of absolute doom![OOC]

http://cove.fantasyworld.nl/forum/index.php/topic,1556.msg14526.html#msg14526  <-- Baldies ownage!
Eason (12:40 AM) :
The play chick?
*rubs chin*

Well, by the sounds of what you're telling me, you are pretty hot yourself and stand a good chance of getting her I reckon. (Don't tell anyone I told you you're hot, or you die a grizzly death).
Eason Edit: And I was RIGHT TOO!
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2007, 10:09:00 am »

Raiden smirked at Fli' and she smirked mischievously back.

Flina: Hey Raidy.
Raiden: Hey Fli.

Then his expression then darkened.

Flina: What's wrong?
Raiden: I need yer help lass.

Raiden and Flina had been close ever since she wandered into Cove a gypsy girl and signed up for the army by mistake and it was her gifts as a gypsy he needed now. He could think of no-one else who could help him make sense of the dream and unravel it's meaning.

They met alone, outside of Cove. The Church had always been quick to jump on Flina for her gypsy heritage or any other excuse they could conjure and the last thing Raiden wanted to do was bring anymore unhappiness her way.

Flina: What is it Raidy?

A soft smile of concern on her lips.

Raiden: Ye'll probably think me crazy but...

Raiden then went onto explain what he could remember of the dream. His mind was still a bit fuzzy so some details may have been lost but the one detail he omitted knowingly was the gender of the undead that had snared him.

A passerby could not help but overhear Raiden's version of events. He begged their forgiveness and introduced himself. He was Rasit.. Rast... Gah! Well it started with Ras' anyway and he was investigating increased vampire activity around Trinsic. Raiden and Fli' looked at eachother. Perhaps at last the Avatar was favouring the Grenadier.

The vampire hunter told of increased vampire activity around the Duchy and agreed to visit Cove to give a lecture on this particular breed of undead.

Raiden's mind was set at ease a little by the stranger and the coincidence of his intervention heartened his mood as he and Fli' bid eachother a fond farewell.

Raiden threw himself into his duty over the next couple of days a little happier with his lot. No sooner had he returned from a hunting expedition one eve than he had every available guardsman on the roof to lecture them on the lore, virtue and history of the Baron's Own Grenadiers, Cove's finest regiment.

To his surprise part way through his lecture he noticed Flina leading the man they had met to a bench and he listened attentively to Raiden's speech.

The lecture done the three of them went to the Town Hall where Ras' tried to go through Raiden's version of the dream again offer his thoughts.

It seemed Raiden had not been the victim of a direct vampire attack and for that he was thankful. Though the man talked of Raiden's dream transporting him across the multiverse!

Raiden was even more confused than before and took his leave to get some rest. Hopefully Fli's gypsy foresight could cast some light on the matter.

A few days later and Flina had finally deciphered some of the dream, although from the concerned expression on her face it didn't look good.

Flina: You were born in Britain right?
Raiden: Nope, the Shire. But I spent my youth in Britain.
Flina: Well... I think the fact you're dream was in Britain that perhaps you need to go there to find out more about the curse. Do you know anyone there.
Raiden: Aye, I 'ave one or two old friends there still.

Raiden looked to the floor while answering her last question and Flina nodded a little.

Flina: I think the fact your were bitten in your dream is a warning that harm may come to you or those who are close to you, maybe Eve? Maybe even me?

Raiden put his hands gently on her shoulders and looked Fli' in the eye before answering.

Raiden: If whatever is behind this tries to harm anyone I care about it will have ter get through me first!

Flina smiled softly maybe even blushing a little.

Flina: And I think the fact you woke grasping the scarf is a sign that this warning is REAL.

She looked away with a light frown.

Raiden: So what's the good news!?
Flina: There isn't any.

She regarded him tenderly.

Raiden smiled a little.

Raiden: Maybe I should go to Brit' and make a few discreet enquiries like. He patted the mace that always hung by his side.
Raiden: Thank you lass.

Anari/Gareck Hallows
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

A witty saying proves nothing. - Voltaire

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2007, 02:28:04 pm »

[OOC:] Quality tale! Thank the avatar i went to the Dragoons with Anari ehh? ^^ Keep it up, I wanna know what happens next!![/OOC:]

Scarlet Grayner
Red-haired strumpet
Citizen of Cove
Covian Citizen

Fire baller of Cove!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2007, 07:55:03 pm »

(OOC: Loving it!)

Radek Wilkes
Yewish Sergeant
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2007, 09:38:38 pm »

[ooc: Nice story! All your broze, belongs to me! *Cackles*]

Rbl <3 Thf
userjosh5368
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2007, 09:49:52 pm »

[OOC:Nice man Its bed time stories for me *Shifts eyes* Ah well see ya al real soon Stalker!]
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length