Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 01, 2024, 11:47:53 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Report of the boat race.....
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Report of the boat race.....  (Read 1920 times)
Kas Valentine
Spellbook of Cove
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« on: April 19, 2005, 10:11:40 pm »

Guardsmen that attended; Ryan Greystone, Kas Valentine, Gregor Eason, Alkerin Oederys, Shadwell, Dodge and two citizens; Tweeso and Dellamona.

The air was fresh and the sun was bright as a recruitment patrol of guardsmen (Ryan, Kas, Alkerin and Tweeso) jogged up the docks of Vesper. Already an impressive crowd of local folk had gathered and were eagerly discussing the highly anticipated boat race.

The guardsmen gathered with Tweeso, Dellamona and Gregor who had already brought their vessels into berths at the dock. The rules were laid out by Baldrick, we were to sail to Cove, dock, receive proof of our dock and then race onwards to the finishing line at Magicina.

The patrol split up with Ryan and Kas getting their own sailing ships, Dellamona taking up as crew with Eason and Alkerin in the gnomes boat. Spirits were high as the vessels were prepared with the gnome firing off his small cannon, Alkerin handing out ale to all, Kas and Ryan arguing like women and Eason shouting for glorious Cove.

Soon enough the shout went out to begin and a chance wind took the waiting vessels out to sea with a gentle swoosh;

My vessel, the Flaming Wizard, was soon overtaken when my tillerman refused to sail ahead regardless of a local dolphin that swam in our path. But I was soon able to make the most of the southbound winds and hugged my vessel along the  wooded coasts of Vesper. A lonely journey ensued but soon enough the ramparts of the Orcish fort by Cove were in sight.

I ordered my tillerman to swing us into the waters leading through the mountains and into the bay of Cove, but though we made the turn I soon got caught in shallow water as was overtaken by two more racing vessels. Eventually the tillerman got our ship off the snag and we sailed as fast as we could into the proud docks of Cove.

As we approached the docks guardsmen Shadwell and Dodge gave a cheer and congratulated my progress so far. "Yer doin' grand", said Shadwell, "Jus' keep it up and yer'll be in Magicina no bother!" to which Dodge nodded in agreement. I gave them my thanks with a grin and collected my proof of dock from Baldrick.

Within moments I was back out at sea, clear of the valley by Cove and an unfortunate encounter with the vessels of the Vesperians and Greystone. The wind picked up again and the journey to Magicina was almost effortless. However upon my arrival at the docks I was saddened to find that Eason and miss Dellamona had beaten me to first place.

Once everyone had gathered and the loss of Greystones ship to giant splintered holes had been mourned, the winners were announced; I won third place, Shiranka of E-V and Lenore of -V- won second, mighty Eason and Dellamona with first. The cheers went out, congratulations and bitter mutterings filled the air.

Once the crowd began to split up and make their seperate ways home the winners retired to the Trinsic Rose to toast their victory with the other guardsmen. Far and wide the cry of "For Cove" was heard followed promptly by the clinking of glass bottles and satisfied laughter.

*signed neatly in squiggly writing*
Kas Valentine.

Gregor Eason
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2005, 10:24:12 pm »

Yarr! Was a grand event! And an excellent victory for Cove!

Commander Eason,
Cove Militia & Baronship Council
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length