Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:46:06 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  OOC Boards
| |-+  Scribe's Trove (Moderator: Kelly Sanderson)
| | |-+  The Untameables Tamed?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: The Untameables Tamed?  (Read 1899 times)
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« on: November 28, 2007, 09:44:08 pm »

Raiden headed towards the tavern. He couldn't quite believe the previous night's events. He kept replaying it over in his mind. Flina's happy smile, something he had seen too little of recently and those three words... "Yea... I will."

Raiden checked the backpack slung about his shoulder before he entered the tavern. Pies and Covian ale Flina had told him were Hoagie's favourite and the pack contained enough to last the Dragoon Sergeant a week. Also in the backpack was a promissory note that Raiden got Amon to write, to repair and polish all of Hoagie's armour and weapons.

It was an extravagant gift indeed but Raiden owed Hoagie a huge favour for covering his duty that previous night while he had been with Fli' and that now seemed like a favour the Grenadier Captain would never be able to fully repay.

Raiden took a deep breath before entering the tavern. To him it seemed that Hoagie was Flina's guardian and he wanted to do things properly and seek his blessing.

"Ey up Hoags!"
"Ello matey."
"Here I got yer a bit o' summat fer doin' me that favour last night."
"Cheers!"

Raiden passed Hoagie the backpack laden with booze and pies.

"Did you and Fli' have a good time."
"Aye, it was grand. In fact I have summat ter tell... Uhmmm... Well.. Ask yer..."

Raiden's eyes shifted to the floor unable to hold Hoagie's stare.

"What is it?" Hoagie replied sternly eyeing him.

Raiden took a deep breath. It was now or never. He started to blurt out...

"Flina and I are engaged... We're gonna get married."

Hoagie glared at Raiden. "She better not be..."

"No! No! Nowt like that. Ye big perv!"

Raiden frowned a little. This wasn't going how he'd pictured it in his mind. Then the faint glimmer of a smirk crept onto Hoagie's lips, he was obviously enjoying seeing Raiden squirm.

"I know, Flina told me earlier." Said Hoagie smiling. "Congratulations!"

"Thank ye... Ye git!" Raiden grinned and the two chuckled as Hoagie then peered into the backpack.

"Bloody 'ell."

"Flina said they were yer favourites. I got yer enough to last the week. Don't tell the missus eh?" Raiden winked.

Hoagie chuckled. "No no, I'll share 'em with the family."

Hoagie then pondered a little. "I guess this means we're like brothers?"

Before Raiden could answer a blur of silver armour and ginger hair whizzed into the tavern.

"YOU OWE ME SOMETHING!"
Shrieked Flina excitedly.

"Aye lass... I was just on my way to..."

"No you weren't, you were drinking with Hoagie!"

Hoagie tried to stealthily remove his pie laden back pack from view.

"What's in the bag!?"
"Oh nothing."
"Fine!" Flina bounced to the end of the bar pretending to sulk.

"What is her favourite metal Hoags?" Raiden whispered. "And jewel?"

"Just get her something shiny and really, really, really, expensive."

Raiden swallowed hard and nodded.

Kyte who was by now behind the bar serving drinks eyed Hoagie and Raiden suspiciously as they whispered, catching only snippets of the conversation.

Raiden got up and walked over to where Flina sat. Leaning in close he whispered.

"I'll be back soon gorgeous."

Her pretty face brightened and she flashed him her cheeky smile.

"Okay Raidy."

She got up and sat next to Hoagie. Bothering her sister's husband was her passion. And Raiden headed to Minoc to purchase some expensive metal and call in on the Gypsy camp. There was something he needed to clarify.

Expensive metal and a little knowledge of gypsy lore obtained he then set out for the capital to purchase the shiniest diamond his purse could afford and have it along the the gold from Minoc crafted into a beautiful ring.

A little while later Raiden was back at the tavern. Flina leaped into his arms and he slid the ring onto her finger. She retrieved an old looking ring with a red stone from her pack and slid it onto Raiden's finger with a little difficulty.

"Bloody 'ell! I couldn't get that back off if I tried."

"That's the idea isn't it." Hoagie smirked.

[ooc]All this information is OOC unless you have actually been told about it in game![/ooc]
« Last Edit: November 28, 2007, 09:57:45 pm by Raiden Morana » Logged

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length