Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 04:32:15 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  OOC Boards
| |-+  OOC Board (Moderators: Kelly Sanderson, Hoagie)
| | |-+  Proper Library?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Proper Library?  (Read 3472 times)
Graem Carcer
Watchman
Covian Veteran

"Parade, Parade Attention!"

View Profile
« on: December 14, 2007, 04:19:06 pm »

I know with the rise of the Cederwood Village [C-V] guild, we'll soon have a scholarly based presense in the community, and I'm hoping to exploit that with this proposal.

What I want to know though, is would someone be willing to make a proper, well-sectioned, and well-designed (Both internally and externally) Library, and would you perhaps be able to influence other guilds to do so?

Reason being, is in-light of my future Drill Instructor role, I've had the idea of writing a series of books from theory of arms and armour, to warfare tactics, to discipline manuals.

Of course, these take time, thought, and effort - All of which would be wasted if they aren't put to proper use.

Also, opening a library would allow for submissions (Plant-care manuals, public journals, fictional stories, factual stories etc) from everyone else, that can be duplicated and indexed in libraries throughout Britannia.

Reckon it's a good scheme?
« Last Edit: December 14, 2007, 04:32:30 pm by Graem Carcer » Logged
Khaelieth
Citizen of Cove
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2007, 04:29:24 pm »

I've got a book on Blackrock "published" in Cove. Can always have that there! All of the content's taken from old Ultima lore, so it's correct=)
Marcus Kobra
Regular Grenadier
Cove Command
Covian Legend

"Death is certain, When is up to your Medic."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2007, 04:55:12 pm »

Hmmm, Its a grand Idea, and something both Amy type and Civilians can appreciate!

(Though we do have a scribes trove, of which I am a big contributor)

Though it might be funny to ask for a copy of "Carcer's Field Medicine"  Or "The Baron, Leading and Love in a world at War" to only be told the cove library nay carries it and that i need to trek all the way to Trinsic to find it! Sounds interesting, but wouldtake a dedicated staff. And would grow only slowly at first!

Cheers mate!

The Lord hath created medicines out of the earth; and he that is wise will not abhor them.
Moraine DiGoraz
Banned for excessive profanity.
Citizen of Cove
Covian Veteran

Unlike cool Covians I am banned for being an idiot

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2007, 05:17:53 pm »

Kazuo may be transfer his knowledge of politics & intrigue to paper.

Additionally, should you be interrested, I hold the entire library collection of TBK/KTD along with most, if not all, of their artifacts.

Mela Arkay
'Must be stopped'
The Light Company
Covian Legend

<3 PooSwallower

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2007, 10:48:31 pm »

The guy accepts any books. I gave him over 60 books of just random stuff.

Khaelieth
Citizen of Cove
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2007, 10:53:21 pm »

And some of us have access to Dinaraug  Cool
Gregor Eason
Cove Command
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2007, 06:32:52 am »

Would be kool to have some sort of KTD/TBK area in Cove. We weren't affiliated with them at all, but they were an interesting Guild fo'sho. Could be like a "Little Tokuno" in Cove; akin to the Little Italys and Chinatowns in major cities.

Garak: "Uh, I was under the impression we didn't allow neon hair?"
Grief: "I was under the impression we didn't allow hair at all!?"
Khaelieth
Citizen of Cove
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2007, 12:35:56 pm »

Yeah, that's an idea, actually. But we've only got two Tokunese inhabitants=)
Marcus Kobra
Regular Grenadier
Cove Command
Covian Legend

"Death is certain, When is up to your Medic."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2007, 03:19:16 pm »

Thus we shal call it "tiny Tokuno" and conduct heavy guard patrols in order to keep civil unrest to a minimum! heh I like the idea of guardsmen getting to oppress people!

The Lord hath created medicines out of the earth; and he that is wise will not abhor them.
Graem Carcer
Watchman
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2007, 03:23:11 pm »

Let's keep it on topic folks, I don't quite think you have the gist of what I'm tranna say/sell here.

You can go to any NPC bookcase in Britannia and probably find a copy of 'Talking with Wisps' by Lord British - What if the same could be said about us as players? People who decorate their homes in 5 years time and slap a bookcase in for effect may have a copy of 'Polearm Theory' by Graem Carcer, 'Target Priority' by Erik Arkay, or 'The Wind In My Pillows' by Khaelith.

If we can get folks to either make various RP libraries throughout Britannia, or just get players to properly stock bookcases within their own homes, we can make our own line of indexed books (a record of every 'official' playerbook ever written) to stock libraries and houses throughout Europa.

But we need to start somewhere; and if not Cederwood Village - Why not closer to home? Would anyone be willing to make a proper, dedicated Covian library that looks the part (And not LOLAWESOME because the custom tool allows it)?

I'd do it myself, but the account I play on isn't my own, and as I result I can't get rid of the house it holds (Which admittedly is rather large and full of the account owners rares/artifacts).

Anyone up for the job? Smiley
Moraine DiGoraz
Banned for excessive profanity.
Citizen of Cove
Covian Veteran

Unlike cool Covians I am banned for being an idiot

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2007, 05:27:41 pm »

Thus we shal call it "tiny Tokuno" and conduct heavy guard patrols in order to keep civil unrest to a minimum! heh I like the idea of guardsmen getting to oppress people!

Yeah, you can try but a likely scenario is that you'll first get samurai-smashed and assassinated afterwards.

As for a little Tokuno, I remade my building into a jap-style look, but not quite sure it looks in place with the rest of the BoC buildings.

As for a museum with the KTD relics in Cove, not sure about that either. In any case, the KTD lore would only go to a dedicated library, not one that would be likely to be gone in a few months with the items lost  forever.

Tearlach Gradh
Covian Guardsman
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2007, 05:08:40 pm »

For anyone still interested or having questions regarding the library, please turn to myself as I am the owner running it with the support of a very helpful staff.

I have been out around Sosaria looking for many other libraries, and we have a form of alliance where we are working alongside with like 8 libraries of different kinds, RP and non RP, but the books will consist mostly of RP books and we want to keep most of it to playerwritten.

For the moment we have some 2100 playerwritten books, and more to come for sure thanks to the help of many friends.

We shall be running the main library on "TWO" plots as I cannot squeeze it all into one due to lockdown restrictions.

And some joint efforts shall be soon made in the future with Mela to form a newspaper section in-game where we shall be placing them around at guildtowns, etc..

If you have any questions, contact me on icq: 117-780-470

Henrik, player of Henry Lumbard and Duncan Calder
Graem Carcer
Watchman
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2007, 06:16:07 pm »

You get back to your fancy-ass lodge in the snow, you lucky sod Sad
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: