Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 01:02:47 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  (Complete!)Mercenary Trial ~ Raven
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: (Complete!)Mercenary Trial ~ Raven  (Read 2666 times)
Linaeus
Cove Command
Covian Legend

Not the Commander.

View Profile
« on: May 08, 2009, 01:23:43 am »

S'about time, Raven! Thought ye were going to be an expendable lump o'flesh forever. Seems you've proven me wrong...

...or have you!?

Thin Black Line

- Lead a training focusing on formation fighting, crosshealing, and moving forward as a tightly packed group.
- Go over the basic battle commands, and make sure everyone is able to execute them with pinpoint precision and exceptional speed.
- At least four other members must attend.

The Price of Treason

- Go to the Castle of Blackthorn in the lands of Ilshenar, and locate the vile being known as "The Betrayer". I'm not entirely sure what its done to earn its name, but you're to execute it for Treason. See to it.
- Your group should gather at least 15,000 coins before exiting the Castle. Plunder it like you'd plunder Stonekeep.

Filling The Gaps

- With many of our recruits (the ones that dont die) and mercenaries finally dragging themselves up the ropeladder of command, it's essential that we keep up a constant influx of new recruits!
- Take a few (note the lack of a specific number) men and head to New Haven and Luna, laying banners along the way. Hold a stall in New Haven for at least 15 minutes, and try to attract as many potential recruits as possible.
- When the stall is over, patrol through Old Haven to show off the general greatness of Cove.

Sergeant's Notes: "Let's see something similar to our raid on the Pass of Karnaugh, eh? That was top notch stuff, and I'm confident you'll be able to repeat that success in Castle Blackthorn!"

*Signed*
Sergeant Torrak Keres
« Last Edit: May 09, 2009, 03:09:02 am by Linaeus » Logged

Torrak: As far as I'm concerned, though, EA is just unauthorized modding BoC.
Raven
Highlander
Baron's Own Grenadier
Covian Legend

The Highlander

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2009, 04:04:45 am »

Task 1 + 2

Lead by:
Raven McCormick

Present:
Kas Valentine (Arrived late - As usual)
Hoagie Graymer
Torrak Keres
Me'an Silen
Kal Shadowhand
Leander Le Blanc
Cedric McCormick - Deceased

Loot:
35719 Gold

2,600 t'each member.
20,119 to coffers.

Overview:

After our valiant efforts to save our recruits from being in the stomachs' of the evil Orcs that seem to be troubling us, and our more desperate attempt to destroy their shrine. Due to the lack of Grenadiers, but the availability of explosion bottles, we took our chances. - see sketch below.

The fire was partially contained.

I called the line up, a short while after this incident, and informed the group that arrived I would be taking them on an adventure, which emphasis on working as a team, and staying close together, ensuring all members of the party stay on their feet. Leander provided the gate to the public moongate of Minoc, and from there we headed to Compassion. I ordered a trackers line as we traversed through the woodlands, through the cave and into the valley where the castle is located.

It did not take long to fight our war through to the roof where we were joined by Kas, the man himself. There was a strange barrel formation on the roof, and the letters resembled 'BdF'. Odd.

We headed to the top of the north western tower, where I lead a training exercise, by splitting those present into two teams. Team Kas, and Team Blah. The idea was to keep your team alive, and stay in formation. There was to be no Skirmishing, and when I called cease, the conflict must stop instantly. This was to test their cross-healing, trust, and discipline.  Team Blah, struggled with the concept of staying in formation originally, with Kal not fully understanding, and they also struggled with the notion of 'Cease'. Which resulted in them performing sprints across the top of the tower, while the losing team Kas shouted heckling remarks.

We continued down through the castle once more, heading down through its heart and barracks out through the front doors. Where formation was kept mostly, except when Cedric decided he'd just see what was around the corner before everyone else.

Overall the hunt I felt was fairly successful and all those who took part showed great cross-healin skills and discipline.

Sketches:

Yours sincerely,

Raven

⚔ The Richter Crest ⚔ Order of Distinction ⚔ Border Wars ⚔ Trinsic Campaign ⚔ Vesper Civil War ⚔

[22:37] Hoagie: I think Raven would make a hot girl
[01:57] XxwarbringerxX: Raven would indeed make a hot chick.
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2009, 09:40:32 am »

Har!

Damn fine work Raven.

Keep it up!

*signed*

Raiden, Commander.

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Kas Valentine
Spellbook of Cove
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2009, 10:29:25 am »

I felt distinctly safe under the commanding leadership of 'Rav I must say, good exercise there chief. I am at liberty to point out however that we were Team Hoagentine and that our massive loss was merely a diversion tactic. All members of Team Blah will by now be aware of the dead fish left at their respective abodes.

That is all.

GO RAVENS !

The remains of a crushed beetle have been hastily manhandled into a signature,
Company Arcanist Kas Valentine.

Raven
Highlander
Baron's Own Grenadier
Covian Legend

The Highlander

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2009, 12:58:45 am »

Task 3

Lead by:

Raven

Present:

Mercenaries:
Hoagie
Faden Wildheart
Buttons
Torrak Keres
Pickles
Celuvian Haap

Citizens:
Manuel Calaver
Maibaum Holzfee
Penny freckletip

Overview:

A detachment of Mercenaries were set up to head to Haven and set up a recruitment stall in Haven to spread t'word of the Baronships' work, and that it is still hiring new recruits. We set up a few tables f'the mercenaries, and the citizens set up another stall f'their own enquiries.

We took one possible recruit on a patrol through old haven, and eventually he came back to Cove with us when we departed.

The evening came to a close when Yewians turned up in greater numbers itching for a fight. I saw it clear that we should leave in peace while tempers were still fairly calm!

Good attendance and discipline shown.

Sketches:

Raven

⚔ The Richter Crest ⚔ Order of Distinction ⚔ Border Wars ⚔ Trinsic Campaign ⚔ Vesper Civil War ⚔

[22:37] Hoagie: I think Raven would make a hot girl
[01:57] XxwarbringerxX: Raven would indeed make a hot chick.
Linaeus
Cove Command
Covian Legend

Not the Commander.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2009, 03:08:14 am »

Trial Complete!

Be sure to attend parade this Sunday to receive your promotion!

- Keres

Torrak: As far as I'm concerned, though, EA is just unauthorized modding BoC.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length