Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 10:15:11 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  Command Boards
| |-+  Archived boards
| | |-+  The Thieves' Council
| | | |-+  Thieves' Den (Moderator: Kiran)
| | | | |-+  Correspondence with Command.....
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Correspondence with Command.....  (Read 1829 times)
Kas Valentine
Spellbook of Cove
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« on: October 13, 2009, 04:34:11 pm »

In light of the recent trouble we've had with the Light Company I wrote and sent the following letter....

To whomever it may concern,

I write to you in regard to Olchafa Serpernt's recent incarceration. The man has been at the bottom of a bottle ever since the event took place and I was at liberty to hear his woes. I feel I must echo the sentiments raised by various members of Cove over the last week, he is an innocent man. I imagine that your first reaction upon reading this would naturally be righteous indignation, after all wasn't it Serpernt who was arrested and accused alongside myself not so long ago...? It was. We were supposedly to blame for the vicious Mill Massacre which occurred around the time of Britain Moot. However it's important to note that we were both released, albeit having admitted a tender criminal association with Kiran (who was also implicated in these crimes).

Under what pretence has Serpernt been stripped of his position within the Light Company...? If I am to believe his word, and I do, it is on the basis of a report of his supposed fraternity with a newly nefarious gang headed by Kiran. This is a complete nonsense. I am a good friend of Olchafa and can speak highly of his moral code, a code which he lives by and believes in most fervently. It is true we have both been in the company of Kiran since he moved into Cove, but this is a kindness we would impart upon any new arrival. Our relations with him outside of this relates directly to the office of the Baron since we have agreed to become agents of Covian taxation. I admit this is currently an unpopular position but nonetheless one of distinct legality.

As for the "gang" itself I am at a loss to understand the information. A few people have been gathering with Kiran (myself included) to discuss possible plans for entertainment inside the Goblin, but that is all. Neither of us wish to travel old roads, both Serpernt and myself are well aware how much trouble we got into for our previous indiscretions with Kiran. Thankfully it was made clear that we were only party to petty crimes and were not involved with the situation in Yew. Regardless, we learned our lesson and will continue to abide by it.

In conclusion I can only assume that the esteemed head of the Light Company, Aliryl Trefynwyd, has become the victim of her own position. It cannot be easy being the eyes and ears, forever dealing in shadowed threats to our beloved Cove. In general I cannot fault her work, indeed I know very little of it, but in this case I fear she has been consumed by a great deal of paranoia. How else are we to explain the dressing down of one of the Baronship's oldest and most loyal members....? Certainly Kiran is in the frame and suspicion has arisen, but surely a woman of her calibre can differentiate between a harmless professional relationship and a criminal plot.

If she cannot then I hesitate to suggest that it is not Olchafa who should be removed from the Light Company but the lady herself. Clearly if we begin to charge innocent men then her judgement is beginning to flag. It is regrettable but thoroughly understandable, after all, it is a terribly terribly difficult job to do correctly. As a side note don't we, the people and guardsmen of Cove, deserve someone more capable of fulfilling the task of intelligence gathering....?

I live in the hope that Serpernt will soon be returned to his prior position with the Scouts and that this unfortunate affair can be put behind us. At the end of the day, everyone makes mistakes, even superiors.

With all respect,
Senior Arcanist Kas Valentine.

I've since received a response at my tower to the tune of.....

Arcanist Valentine,

I sympathise and understand your feelings in this matter. I must admit, some of my thoughts are shared with you. I feel compelled to remind you that Olchafa is also in my mind a great server of the Baron.

If evidence is not served on our desks very soon, I shall be taking this matter further to question whether the Light Infantry had the actual grounds to strip Olchafa of his rank. Innocent until proven guilty.

I hope you are well,

*Signed*
Kelly Sanderson, Sergeant

With any luck this (and the other missives we've been responsible for) should speed up proceedings relating to Serpernt's reinstatement into the Scouts. Oh the joy of democracy, what a loud voice "the people" have.

Signed neatly with a flourish of ink at the end of the signature,
KV.

Kiran
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2009, 04:40:22 pm »

Wonderful work Kas, a inspiring piece with just the right mixture of doubt and mention to stress on the scouts part.

I shall have thirty shillings available to you for your work. I am unsure if any other letters are recieving such good feedback, I would hope not everyone just wrote posters without signatures, although they did help to start the paranoia..

Good work again, Kas.

Kiran.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length