Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 02:46:01 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  WANTED MISCHIEF: "The investigation"
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: WANTED MISCHIEF: "The investigation"  (Read 3915 times)
Delfer
Baron's Own Grenadier
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« on: October 07, 2008, 11:28:32 pm »

When: 07/10/08 Approx. 11Gmt

Where: Trinsic "Keg & Anchor"

Commanding Officer: Delferium, Watchman
Guardsmen in attendance:

Kas Valentine, Regular Guardsmen(Joined Later)
Some sneaky fellow, a Witch Hunter I believe(Joined Later)

I was looking for something to do so I went to Trinsic with Escaflowne. He chatted with some Sterling's and other Vesperians in front of the Sterling workshop where they established a blockade. I went to the entrance of Trinsic where other civilians stood and spoke with one another. I moved to the Keg & Anchor bar further into town and I saw her. I thought "Mischief" as the posters around Cove said. I went out and checked my eyes. It was her. I went back in, helmet down and weapons drawn and ordered her to come with me. She slipped past me and began to flee. I chased her uselessly down through the hordes of people as I ordered them to stop her but I received no aid. The chase came into the woods.

I landed a few blows but she disappeared after landing a swift hit on me causing me to fall. I ran back to the Vesperian blockade to ask Escaflowne for help and to help me get Kas. I was informed that they let her run past them, unhindered. I was furious, I thought Vesper was with us in this hunt for Mischief but they let her escape just like that! I got a gate to Cove and retrieved Kas and that shady fellow joined us. We searched and searched and saw her again with the group of people out front of Trinsic. They too did nothing to stop her. Kas and the other pursued but she disappeared and wasn't saw again.

I apologize sincerely for my vanity. In no way was this anyone else's fault other than my own. I await my punishment.

*Signed weakly with little effort*
Delferium, Watchman

(OOC: Changed all reference of "Sonja" to "Mischief" as did Siegfried. Please disregard any occurences where "Mischief" was called "Sonja")

« Last Edit: October 22, 2008, 08:16:58 pm by Delfer » Logged

The Adventures of Buttons: Forever Inappropriate

Del - " &^%$$#% Blues..."
Del - " &^%$$#% Bloranges..."
Kas Valentine
Spellbook of Cove
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2008, 02:00:15 pm »

As mentioned we gave Trinsic a very thorough inspection. The public moongate, front gate of the town, tavern and streets were searched countless times. The group from Vesper consisting of Escaflowne, Rebecca, Sterling and a number of others seemed to be distinctly concerned with their own affairs. Some talk was overheard from the good lady about payment and a little "mischief", but knowing Rebecca I imagine it was designed entirely to incite our curiosity.

But who can say, I certainly can't !

I'd like to note that I found Delferium to be very eager to apprehend this particular criminal, admirably so, with guardmsan like him it won't be long before she's within our grasp.

Signed in beautifully ornate handwriting,
Regular Guardsman Kas Valentine.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2008, 03:43:16 am by Kas Valentine » Logged

Delfer
Baron's Own Grenadier
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2008, 09:56:55 pm »

*A new post is pinned up on top of the first one*

When: 15/10/08 Approx: 11 GMT - 12 GMT

Where: The Elven Quarter of Trinsic, Near the Rose

Commanding Officer: Delferium, Watchman
Guardsmen in Attendance:

Kas Valentine, Regular Guardsmen(Joined Later)

Since my last encounter with "Mischief" I've gone to Trinsic every night. I do not sleep well anymore.
Well... I had came from the Keg & Anchor and was heading to the Rose. As I walked through the woods I saw this woman again. I drew my sword and sprinted at her yelling "Stop!" but she disappeared in the blink of an eye. My blade swung straight threw the air where she stood. I thought it to be magic so I ran to Vesper to find perhaps Escaflowne or Kas. I was wasting enough time as it was coming there for help but I could nay capture "Mischief" alone. When I found Esca I explained the situation and told him to follow me to Trinsic. His response horrified me.

The captain of Vesper had explained to me that night that he would not Help me... I will not go into detail. Disgusted, I sought out Kas and after finding him we moved out to Trinsic.  We scanned through the city several times to no avail. After her disappearance she was not sighted again. I apologize once more for my failure.

Important Notes:
 "Mischief" was spotted walking behind the Rose. She may have possibly been planning on entering the Rose. There were some citizens inside.
 This woman disappeared in the blink of an eye. Possible use of magic.
 This woman is still hanging around Trinsic.

I recommend more guards take small trips to Trinsic, preferably in pairs, and do some light recon of the area if the guards there allow.

*Signed*
Delferium, Watchman

(OOC: Sorry about the Italic writing, I tried to fix it but it's stuck like that. Just ignore it.)

The Adventures of Buttons: Forever Inappropriate

Del - " &^%$$#% Blues..."
Del - " &^%$$#% Bloranges..."
Kas Valentine
Spellbook of Cove
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2008, 06:24:01 pm »

Led by:
Watchman Delferium.

Assisted by:
Rookie Waywatcher Annwyn of the Guardsmen Militia.

Once again Buttons and I had arranged to perform a "clean sweep" of Trinsic in pursuit of the infamous Mischief. I was sitting outside the market waiting for his arrival when a young lady dressed in the uniform of a Yewish Waywatcher sauntered by. I hailed her and enquired about her business, I admit my manner was a little agressive at first but I soon discovered she was simply out for a stroll.

We were discussing the peace treaty that puts our two great armies at rest when Buttons came down from the barracks. Naturally he was as surprised as I had been upon noticing the Loyalist and even ordered her to disarm her spear (something I had neglected to do). With the misunderstandings out of the way the Watchman and I began to confer in a low whisper about our planned journey.

At this point we adopted a friendly stance towards the girl and found her name to be Annwyn. The search for Mischief was discussed since we assumed Yew might have similar intentions to us, what with Stonekeep also having a branch of the Avatarian faith (the instigators of the investigation).

Annwyn informed us that the Guardsmen Militia had been looking for the same criminal in the past and she had some very interesting knowledge in that respect.

I took notes and I have copied them out for convinience;

• Mischief apparently has a female lover that resides in the town of Buccaneer's Den.
  • The name of her partner is supposedly "Jamieson Black".
  • The girl is the adopted daughter of "Jackal Verilax", who is now deceased.
  • Despite frequent attempts Annwyn has yet to locate this person.

I was very tempted to head off to the town of scoundrels right there and then, but instead all three of us decided to stick with a visit to Trinsic. Annwyn proved invaluable when we arrived in the walled city since she was schooled in the arts of both stealth and tracking.

Unfortunately even these boon's were not enough to aid us in locating Mischief. We began at the Keg and Anchor and passed through town to approach the Rose from the north. The Waywatcher went ahead to check on the situation in advance of our arrival but came back reporting that the tavern was empty. We then headed directly to The Raven's Nest, an up and coming establishment in the area, but once again our enquiries proved fruitless.

A promise was made to keep our cross border group together from then onwards, Annwyn said she would speak to her superiors in the hope of learning anything more. We expressed our sincere thanks for her help so far and returned back to the barracks.

A little later in the evening I was spending some time in Cove and overheard some locals talking about Mischief, or rather a person that had been looking for her. I don't know how much weight these rumours have but nevertheless I cocked my ear and took the following notes....

• A man refered to as "Black Mongo" or "Darkeyes" was seen around town asking after Mischief.
  • He always wears black armour and has a habit of talking funny.
  • He is an ex-pirate of some repute.

I was struck by the similarity of the second nickname to our very own "Yenril Darkeyes" who I happened to come across when Friar Michael gathered guardsmen to cleanse Covetous soon after I had departed from Cove itself. I questioned him briefly but he "seemed" to know little of what I was refering to.

I'm not convinced I got the whole story so I shall endeavour to get some more time with him as soon as I can.

Signed with his handwriting in clearly cheap ink,

Siegfried
Templar Preceptor
Covian Church
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2008, 06:46:36 pm »

*A brief note is passed to Kas by a Squire*

Arcanist,

On meeting the female Waywatcher again, inform her that I wouldst care for a word with her...

As for "Darkeyes", keep thy ear to the wall, both at home and abroad.

Signed

Father Siegfried,
Templar Preceptor

"Amidst the chaos and confusion, only one thing is for certain; no one is safe from the noose!"
Kas Valentine
Spellbook of Cove
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2008, 03:24:06 pm »

Led by:

Attended by:
Junior Guardsman Marcus Kobra.
Watchman Delferium.
Guardsman Recruit Amadeus Lewis.

Another day, another plan to distribute wanted posters in the hunt for the dastardly Mischief. The poor recruit was enlisted with the task of reporting on our exploits and was taken out for a second night in a row to let him get to grips with high end detective work. I believe he has since submitted his essay to Command so I'll concentrate on what else happened during our time abroad in Britannia.

Our first stop in pinning up posters was the Swaggers in Vesper, Lewis saw to the task at hand while Buttons and Kobra went inside. Naturally I waited downstairs because I don't fraternize with that crowd. However my reverie was soon interupted by the watchman, he'd found some "hot leads" indoors and urgently required my assistance.

The good lady Madeline Warmbow and her husband Van Cocidius had some stories to share so I ushered everyone outside to my table and set to work inscribing the information to paper. Please excuse the vast nature of the gathered intelligence but I feel it is all worthwhile.

• When Mischief first met Madeline she discovered she was a healer and expressed a great interest in a poppy she used to treat great pain.
  • She attempted to get Maddy to sell narcotics for her, a white powder of some description.
  • Madeline refused.
  • The next time she came across Mischief she had just saved a girl who was being assaulted by brigands.
  • Once again Mischief wanted her to sell narcotics and Madeline refused on moral grounds, not the sort of thing she associates herself with.
  • However Madeline was looking for somewhere to sell legal herbs at the time but Mischief took it to mean the outlawed type.
  • This was a long time before she met her husband.
  • Warmbow went ahead and sold her reagents to a drow woman and believes Mischief acquired connections on account of the trade.
  • The girl Mischief rescued was brought to Madeline for healing.
  • The criminal was spotted at the Swaggers frequently when Maddy and her husband were courting.
  • Mischief is compassionate towards women and children but has no sympathy for the male gender.
  • The elusive woman also spent a good deal of time at a tavern called the "Dead Man's Rest" in Buccaneers Den.
  • As discovered in prior investigations, she is said to have shacked up with Jackyl Verliax's daughter while staying in the town.
  • The relationship between the two was some years ago, so it is uncertain whether they are still together.
  • Mischief hires herself out as an informant but has no known loyalties.
  • Following the death of Verilax the Dead Man's Rest was passed over to his then girlfriend, "Amanrante".
  • She did not get along with Mischief, they were said to fight like cat's as the former preferred to spend time alone with her man.
  • The tavern sold narcotics but was very much a private establishment.
  • Mischief is close friends with Larynda D'Gar, wife of Klion.

I have some additional notes gathered by Buttons' separate interview of Van Cocidius.

• Mischief spread rumours about Kiran, Declan O'Connor and Van plotting to kill Rebecca's (owner of the Swaggers) children and then blaming the church.
  • Cocidius was jailed as a result.
  • Yet more rumours were spread saying Van was trying to kill his unborn child with the apparent intent of turning his wife against him.
  • Mischief was spotted in the Swaggers twice yesterday.

With continued references to the town of bandits I felt the need to take a look for ourselves once the conversation had come to an end. Madeline agreed to come so we left Kobra in Vesper with Cocidius in case Mischief stopped by and headed there via one of her runestones.

The tavern itself had long since been closed down and there was little of note to be found inside. Warmbow led us through the jungle in search of the home Mischief and her lover had once used, but alas it would appear it has been torn down. We thanked her for the help and retired back to Vesper to collect Kobra.

As we went over everything we had gathered we were joined by Railen, a barmaid at the infamous watering hole. After listening to our discussion for a while she made the suggestion that perhaps some kind of "trap" needed to be set for Mischief, naturally involving a woman as the bait (so to speak). We took it on board and left her for the residence of Buttons for further analysis of the situation.

Nothing much was decided upon but the one impression I am left with is this....

By all accounts Mischief is no friend of men, of any description. So it is amusing to note that so far she has been tied with Escaflowne of the Vesper Militia and possibly the patriarch of Stonekeep, Klion D'Gar. I can only speculate that she uses her charms to ease these high ranking figures into blissful submission before fleecing them for all the "favours" she can manage.

Our enquiries will continue.

Signed in a delightfully ornate script,
« Last Edit: October 23, 2008, 12:03:17 am by Kas Valentine » Logged

Kas Valentine
Spellbook of Cove
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2008, 05:35:53 pm »

Led by:

Assisted by:
Watchman Junior Guardsman Delferium.

We finally managed to catch up with the recruit, Yenril Darkeyes, at the Green Goblin. He was having a drink alone upstairs so I thought it would be an ideal time to have a little "chat" with him. It was with no small amount of trepidation that I broached the subject of certain nicknames. The mention of "Black Mongo" yielded no results, he simply claimed that a lot of pirates went by alias'. I'd expected this so I moved onto the similarity between his surname and the accused.

He instantly bristled at the thought of being suspected by his fellow guardsman and only calmed down after considerable effort on our part. We explained the nature of the situation in very clear terms. We had received a lead in which a name identical to his own had been mentioned and were simply following it up. Indeed, if the Baron himself came up during the investigation we'd want to talk to him too.

However our conversation was ultimately a waste of time since Yenril denied all knowledge of any associations with Mischief. We concluded by reminding him that anyone known to have assisted the outlaw would face equally dire consequences if caught. He grew angry again but seemed to understand.

We'll keep our ear to the ground in case his name comes up again.

Signed in disgracefully messy handwriting,

Kas Valentine
Spellbook of Cove
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2009, 01:46:30 pm »

It's been some time since we have actively sought out the elusive Mischief, sought her out and put her to rest. So I thought it best to report two sightings and one encounter that until now I have not had the time to put into writing.

A week or two ago I was out drinking in the Swaggers, I was a little worse for wear due to rum and couldn't move so fast since the injury on my left leg was still healing. I can't remember why I stepped out of the tavern, perhaps for air, but when I got there I was swiftly assaulted by the lady in question. She thrust her weapon towards my side, glancing off my skin but administering a dose of poison and then ran.

Thankfully my curative measures were enough to cleanse the wound but unfortunately I could not give chase.

She escaped.

Jump forward a few days and once again I spot a figure I suspect was her milling amongst the crowd of Vesper militia that took over (albeit briefly) the Swaggers. Our negotiations with the fighters broke down and a battle ensued, if Mischief was there she soon disappeared, using the activity to slip away quietly.

The last brush with her is possibly the most confusing, at least from my perspective.

I was relaxing in the 'Goblin and dozed off for a short spell. I can't say whether it was minutes or hours but when I awoke and rubbed my eyes I discovered a note had been placed in my lap. It was addressed with my name so after scanning the bar I opened it and read.

The audacity of this woman, although that said her skills with silence and subtlety are distinctly impressive, I am a very light sleeper.

One thing is certain from all this,
She is still at large and as cunning as ever.

I've not spoken with Command or the clergy regarding this matter in quite some time but I assume (if we get a chance) that the warrant is still out for her arrest...?

Sooty fingerprints circle a fired signature,
Company Arcanist Kas Valentine.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 06:03:33 pm by Kas Valentine » Logged

Marcus Kobra
Regular Grenadier
Cove Command
Covian Legend

"Death is certain, When is up to your Medic."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2009, 02:18:03 pm »

*Marcus Eyes the Report with A sigh*

Checking the records, her Warrant still stands, though it would seem law nay exists in Vesper and we can not count on Escaflowne to honour his agreement, nor is the preceptor available to give his say. By Covian law she is to be brought to justice, and stand trial. I hope this is most clear. She -will- stand trial, anyone below the rank of officer attempting a summary execution shall be dealt with. This is nay the Baronship of brigantrey. . .

*Signed and stamped*

Marcus Illinius Kobra, Officer Cadet and Company Medic, Baronship of Cove

The Lord hath created medicines out of the earth; and he that is wise will not abhor them.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length