Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 08, 2024, 07:05:22 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Report: Covian recruitment hits New Haven....
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Report: Covian recruitment hits New Haven....  (Read 2638 times)
Kas Valentine
Spellbook of Cove
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« on: February 16, 2008, 02:52:19 pm »

Led by:
Sergeant Kelly Sanderson.

Attended by:
Sergeant Hoagie.
Guardsman Recruit Rodian.
Junior Grenadier Falconheart.
Regular Arcanist Guardsman Kas Valentine.

I was wandering Cove yesterday afternoon, minding my own business and making sure everyone else minded theirs when I heard the bell ringing back at the barracks. I'd been out of service for some months but nevertheless the call of duty was not something I could ignore.

Upon my arrival I found Sergeant Kelly, who I was very pleased to see, organising a routine recruitment drive to the recently rebuilt island town of New Haven. The available guardsmen arrived soon after I did and we were out front and lined up before you could say "the Yewish look upon trolls with come to bed eyes".

Kelly had us practice a few basic orders, can't be giving people a bad impression of Cove when we're out in the big city.

We weren't at our best it's fair to say but we did a satisfactory job and the Sergeant seemed pleased.

Kelly Sanderson: Very good gentlemen, very good. Valentine do you think you could stop fondling your hair for a moment and conjure us a portal to the local Moongate....?

Kas Valentine (blushing): Oh yes ma'am, right away ma'am, I can do that ma'am.

Kelly Sanderson: Nevermind the bloody ma'am, just get it done you useless oaf !

Kas Valentine: Right right, get it done, I'll just consult Ruffles and we'll be off.

Valentine thumbs through the pages of his spellbook until the correct incantation is found...

Kas Valentine (a portal appearing in front of him): Tada, your carriage awaits miss.

Kelly Sanderson: Just get out of the way Valentine, well come on you lot, shift !

Piling through the portal and then through the public moongate our band of Covians soon found themselves in New Haven's town square. Almost at once Sergeant Sanderson had us preparing a large banner that would declare Cove to even the most short sighted passerby. Myself and Mr Hoagie took care of the banner construction while handsome young Falconheart spoke to the locals. Before long we were able to stand back and admire our colours with pride.

We were joined by some folk from Vesper but they seemed content to talk amongst themselves so us Covians got down to the gruelling task of spreading word of the Baronship. Sergeant Hoagie and myself decided the best way to do this was by shouting at the top of our voices, but Falconheart achieved just as much success by talking to people one on one.

Leaflets were exchanged, questions were answered and the odd bottle of ale was sampled (Robian is quite an eager recruit). With everyone in high spirits, the folk from Vesper included, a decision was made to end our recruitment drive with a journey into Destard.

Kelly Sanderson: Right men, we're going to charge in here and give the dragons a roasting, not the other way around. Is that perfectly clear!?

Robian: Yes miss, I'll tear their wings off and butcher their mothers !

For a moment all heads turn to Robian who grins back earnestly.....

Kelly Sanderson (with an amused frown): Very good recruit, exceptional in fact, you're set for big things in the Baronship with an attitude like that.

Hoagie: Can we go, I'm hungry, can we go, I'm hungry, can we go, I'm hungry !

Kelly Sanderson: Yes yes, we're going, try and keep your stomach in check for five minutes Sergeant.

And with that we entered the cave, the dark infamous cave.

I was instructed to keep up my rough sketches, for the purpose of this report in fact, but unfortunately I remember very little of our adventure. Once we were inside I took firm hold of Sergeant Hoagie's kilt, for fear of getting lost in the darkness, even squinting really really hard didn't help. It wasn't long before the ancient residents of the place cottoned onto our presence and to my dismay battle commenced.

I remember even less of the conflict besides a lot of screaming, some smashing, a bellowing roar, some searing flame and an abrupt sense of passing out. I don't know how but eventually we were all out in the sunshine again, feeling humble. A drink was suggested to calm our nerves and the group was casually ordered at ease and bound for Trinsic.

We ate well, we drank well and slowly but surely the guardsmen were dismissed to their respective abodes.

Recruitment in New Haven: Success !
Ritual slaughter of dragons in Destard: Unable to qualify an answer.

Signed in wriggly somewhat nervous handwriting,
Regular Guardsman Kas Valentine.

Kelly Sanderson
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

By Jove and Sheeshy McGee!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2008, 03:27:16 pm »

Excellent Report, Regular Valentine!

Let's hope to see more of you about, eh? You took a long time off duty, you did!

The dragons were a disaster. Let's take more men, next time!

Well done all that attended!

*Signed*
Kelly Sanderson, Sergeant

John Dell:
My ultimate aim is to nag someone to the brink of total blindness and hate that they kill me.

John Dell:
It's for me like for you and pies; if one is staring you in the face you just can't leave it alone.
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2008, 04:27:26 pm »

Indeed, good ter see yer back about the place Kas!

Excellent work all round!

*signed*

Raiden, Grenadier Captain.

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Falconheart
Baron's Own Grenadier
Covian Regular

Baron's own Grenadier

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2008, 04:23:47 pm »

Aye a great Report you made Kas. Damn good sketches as well.. Erm yes our trip to Dessy was not exactly a complet succes...

But a failure it was not either!!! Let us think of this as a scouting mission for future endeavours..
We know what to expect now!

Ahh one more thing many thanks in reference to my appearance *grins*

*signed* Falconheart, Junior Grenadier in the Covian Army

I work at a place with 2400 MW's of pure power
Grief Dryfh Gry
Cove Command
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2008, 11:18:01 pm »

"Wel'dun foo'! Yo'alroot. Mah'prentice yo uns' was!"

*Grief nods pleased*

http://cove.fantasyworld.nl/forum/index.php/topic,1556.msg14526.html#msg14526  <-- Baldies ownage!
Eason (12:40 AM) :
The play chick?
*rubs chin*

Well, by the sounds of what you're telling me, you are pretty hot yourself and stand a good chance of getting her I reckon. (Don't tell anyone I told you you're hot, or you die a grizzly death).
Eason Edit: And I was RIGHT TOO!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length